No Tremors 5

Talk About The Tremors Movies
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GreenStripe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

No Tremors 5

Postby GreenStripe » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Well, it's October now, and still no word about the supposed new addition to our beloved franchise. I'm not sure how to feel about this myself. On one hand, my last 10 years have been plagued by repeated nightmares of watching a fifth Tremors film which was a horrible, humorless, soulless hack job. Literally, I would wake up completely pissed off that my favorite film franchise had been dumped on by some unimaginative director with no understanding of what made this franchise so special from so many other B-horror films. When word that Don Michael Paul had been hired to relaunch Tremors, I felt a dreadful chill run down my back as I am not a fan of his, and I could see him literally making my nightmares come true.

On the other hand, I would still want to see another installment, and even the worst version of my nightmare wasn't all bad. Am I being too hard on Mr Paul? Could another film, even one by Mr Paul or someone similar still prove fun and enjoyable? With Universal showing interest in this franchise again, could that mean more films down the line and the franchise receiving another burst of life. Like graboids themselves, Tremors films seem to have long periods of lying dormant and buried until one day the spring up from beneath our feet, catching us off guard. Maybe a Tremors 5 could still be good, even if it's bad.

What do you guys think?
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:39 am

You'll be happy/sad to know it was just announced.

https://www.facebook.com/TremorsMovies/ ... =1&theater

http://wererolling.blogspot.com/2014/10 ... unced.html

Personally I think Paul might actually direct a decent sequel. His two latests weren't that bad, and they were both DTV sequels to theatrical films.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
GreenStripe

Tremors 5 a go!

Postby GreenStripe » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:28 pm

It looks like I spoke too soon. After looking at the officially released photo, I would say feel cautiously enthusiastic. It was really awesome to see Burt Gummer back in action. I guess we'll see how it goes.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
project412

Postby project412 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:10 pm

I too am curious about (and saddened by) the apparent lack of Stampede's involvement, but the press release makes it seem like elements of Stampede's original script are still intact (with such a big focus on the ABs in the writeup, I'm going to assume the bit about their egg-laying process will factor into the story in some capacity), despite the location and, probably, some story elements being changed.

I hope to see some word on the official FAQ soon about the degree of Stampede's actual involvement (or lack thereof) on the film.

Overall, I am beyond excited for the film. I've been waiting ten years for this, and I still can't believe that it is finally happening. There's no way I can not be excited. But I do really want to hear what Stampede has to say as well.

rawen100

Re: Tremors 5 a go!

Postby rawen100 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
John Mortimore

Postby John Mortimore » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:56 pm

We plan ahead, that way we don't have to do anything right now. Earl explained it to me.
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:18 am

project412

Postby project412 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Super Kill Guy

Postby Super Kill Guy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:11 pm

project412

Postby project412 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am

"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:12 am

Proud owner of:

PerfectionValleyMayor

No Tremors 5

Postby PerfectionValleyMayor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 am

Mayor of Perfection signing out, 10-4.
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:24 pm

To me from Tremors star Ariana Richards
responding to my wishes for her birthday (9/20/05)

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”