Seeking Perfection: The Unoffical Guide to Tremors!!!

Talk About The Tremors Movies
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Seeking Perfection: The Unoffical Guide to Tremors!!!

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:57 pm

An British writer John Melville is currently writing a book about the entire Tremors franchise including interviews with Brent Maddock, SS Wilson, Ron Underwood, Michael Gross, Reba McEntire, Ariana Richards, Christopher Gartin, and various cast and crew members of all three films and the TV series. Still attempting to get in contact with Bacon and Ward for interviews but he hasn't had much luck so far. Suppose to be available this winter. Check out his website, Facebook, and Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/tremorsguide

http://tremorsguide.com/

https://twitter.com/TremorsGuide
To me from Tremors star Ariana Richards
responding to my wishes for her birthday (9/20/05)

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Wow, can't believe I haven't stumbled upon this earlier. The fact that he's even getting exclusive interviews for the sole purpose of the book makes it interesting.

I'm just hoping there will actually be new information here. Find it a bit hard to believe that after so many years there's too much left to be learned.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Re: Seeking Perfection: The Unoffical Guide to Tremors!!!

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:47 pm

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Re: Seeking Perfection: The Unoffical Guide to Tremors!!!

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 pm

jonmelville wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks for starting the thread about the book, sorry I took so long to get over here - the book took up a lot of time these last few years!

But yes, it's now out and available on Amazon, iTunes, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and various other online stores - there's more over on the blog at http://www.tremorsguide.com/the-book.

In two years I spoke to around 55 people involved in the franchise, including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Robert Jayne, Charlotte Stewart, the late Tony Genaro, Ron Underwood, S.S. Wilson, Brent Maddock, Nancy Roberts, Gale Anne Hurd...the list goes on.

Interviews covered all 5 films and the TV series, from both the perspective of those in the cast and crew and those at Universal who greenlit the films. I always think the studios should be heard from a bit more in these types of book!

I'd love to hear what you think of it - give me your feedback or feel free to ask any questions about the book and what I uncovered...

Jon

Nice to see ya join up here. You may remember me as Tyrant_Lizard_King on Twitter. My copy order got screwed up somehow but should still get here tomorrow according to Amazon. Looking forward to Tremors 5, looks much better than I thought it would.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”