Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6
John Mortimore

Should Universal Studios make a Tremors Ride

Postby John Mortimore » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Universal Studios should make a Tremors Ride at one of their parks. It could be called Desert Jack's Graboid Adventure and be similar to what we saw in tremors 3. Then when you get off the ride you have to walk through a gift store to exit the building. With a gift store, universal could sell Tremors merchandise, which a lot of fans want.

What do you think?
We plan ahead, that way we don't have to do anything right now. Earl explained it to me.
GreenStripe

Nope

Postby GreenStripe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:52 am

Tremors isn't a franchise profitable enough for Universal to make a ride based off it. As much as we, the fans love it, the general public doesn't seem to care. It would make bad business sense for Universal to invest in a Tremors based ride.

However, if they did do what you suggested, then the gift shop should be done as a mock up of Chang's market for that extra level of immersion. That would be cool.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Yeah, like GreenStripe said. Universal would just lose money at that, very few people would really understand what it was even about. Don't take me wrong, it would be awesome, but they shouldn't do it.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
John Mortimore

ok, but . . .

Postby John Mortimore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:56 pm

OK, so a lot of people don't know what Tremors is, but is that really needed. I mean you can ride and enjoy a Jurassic Park ride without seeing the movie, as long as you understand that the theme is dinosaurs and danger. Likewise, if you understand that the theme for Tremors is "land sharks" than you will probably enjoy the ride, even if you have never seen the movies.
We plan ahead, that way we don't have to do anything right now. Earl explained it to me.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 am

Well, yeah. People *could* enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it'd be wise of Universal. You asked if Universal *should* make a Tremors ride, and if I were in charge of Universal I would never allow that to happen.
Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD

Return to “The Tremors Movies”