Johnny 5 IS alive!

Talk about Johnny Five and the Short Circuit Films
NoDisassemble

Johnny 5 IS alive!

Postby NoDisassemble » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:10 pm

How come no one has posted in here yet?? I think short circuit is an AWESOME film and i was hoping to find people here who thought the same!?!

If you like SC and just havn't bothered to post here, come join me and we'll chat!!!
SnapCut

Re: Johnny 5 IS alive!

Postby SnapCut » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:59 am

NoDisassemble wrote:I think short circuit is an AWESOME film and i was hoping to find people here who thought the same!?!

I love this movie. In fact it was one of the first movies that I ever taped. It may in deed be the first one I ever taped.

The quality of the mechanics for the robots was amazing. How did they come up with that :? :?:
Action_Burt

Johnny 1-4?

Postby Action_Burt » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:32 am

I would have liked to have seen a sequence of the robots actually in combat as intended...

Or use them in another film- they were a great design.
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:23 pm

Here is an interesting and little known fact about Short Circuit. S.S. Wilson wanted this to be perhaps the first film it history to portray a military laser as a cutting weapon. He suggested to Director John Badham that the robot lasers should quickly slice the military trucks in half instead of blow them up. Unfortunately, Mr. Badham opted for the more traditional and ubiquitous explosions used in every other film.
Action_Burt

Lasers

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:42 pm

webmaster wrote:Here is an interesting and little known fact about Short Circuit. S.S. Wilson wanted this to be perhaps the first film it history to portray a military laser as a cutting weapon. He suggested to Director John Badham that the robot lasers should quickly slice the military trucks in half instead of blow them up. Unfortunately, Mr. Badham opted for the more traditional and ubiquitous explosions used in every other film.

Kudos for SS! That anoys me to no end when I see Lasers blowing things up.

But would it really have been the first?

What about GOldfinger with James Bond? Okay, you got me, the Laser Goldfinger was using wasn't MILITARY...

Still, what about the laser cutting watch Bond used in a later film... Argh, I forget which one. Oh no! I'm getting old! I've finally forgotten a Bond bit of trivia! NO! After all these years, the first person to stump me on a Bond film is ME!

Where was I?

Oh, yeah, cutting lasers...

What about 1985's Remo Williams? Wasn't the Satellite in that an SDI weapon?

Or the second Venus Probe from the Six Million Dollar Man? Wasn't it's dome equipped with a high power laser that sliced through stuff?

You know, we REALLY need to see Johnny FIve's brothers coem back in a modern military movie. Maybe Venus Probe vs. Johnny Five? Or B-9 vs. Johnny Five?

Wow, you've got me thinking now- that would be a very cool sequence- Johnny Five's slicing through enemy armor, picking up fallen soldier's weapons and using them against them...
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Remake?

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:30 pm

I heard a rumor way back in 1993 that they were thinking of remaking this movie. It was all set to go when suddenly the deal fell through for some reason. I guess Steve Guttenberg wasn't avaliable...too busy lying on a beach somewhere with all his Police Academy millions! Anyone know if the remake will actually ever see the light of day? 8)

Return to “Short Circuit Talk”