Tremors for PS2 or X-Box?

Talk about the Tremors 4 game Dirt Dragons
Action_Burt

Gaming for Graboids

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:01 am

I totally agree- a graboid hunting game based on the characters and Critters from Tremors would be a blast. heck, a lot of games have had similar themes (Half Life 2 for example).

From a game developing standpoint though, why pay for the rights to do a game based on a film when you can make something that will sell equally as well with all original characters?

Stargate's FPS is based on he hope that not only will the regular gaming crowd buy it, but Stargate fanatics, who normally DON'T buy games will also make the purchase.

Tremors simply doesn't have the fan base to make it profitable, because Universal would ask for an arm and a leg for rights. IF they even decided to allow it.

Take the case of Doc Savage for example. In his heyday, the good Doc sold lots of books. But nowadays a travel magazine, Conde Naste, owns the rights and won't budge from their ridiculous prices. Ergo, nothing new is coming out about Doc.

The only way to get Universal to change their mind would be to bombard them with email. But unlike Farscape, Tremors simply doesn't have the fan base (numbers) to be impressive.

I think Jack Burton and the Pork Chop Express would have a better chance...
Undertaker

Postby Undertaker » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:19 pm

Dang...i was hoping there would be a game comin out....
The big bore anti tank rifle is very...excessive....
graboid350

Postby graboid350 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:47 pm

well from what you said, stampede owns the charicters, wich includes the graboids is my guess.... and universal owns the film pictures and nothing more... if universal owns tremors... then how did scifi get the rights to the series unless universal oprooved it.. if they gave them the writes ok then but if not universal could argue that scifi had no write to make those in the first place and could take the writs and make millions of of the series on dvd..... if that doesn't hold in court then why wouldn't it hold agenst a publishing cumpany? or a gaming industry? hey for all we no there could be boring bord games in store....... does anyone else agree with hat im saying here? but as long as universal didn't aproove it it's a win win dituation for us... it may just take some time.... and people to read these threds...
burp.....

Return to “Dirt Dragons”