Tremors for PS2 or X-Box?

Talk about the Tremors 4 game Dirt Dragons
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Tremors for PS2 or X-Box?

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:22 pm

Is there any chance that this game or a game like it will be released on either of those two consoles? That would be sweet! 8)
Snakeoid

Postby Snakeoid » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:48 am

it would, but no one except fans seems interested... :cry:
"You don't need a worm, a worm needs you!"
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

The Stargate SG-1 fans got a game for the consoles

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:54 pm

The Stargate SG-1 fans got a game for the consoles by hollering to the powers that be...why not us? If we complain loud enough I'm sure there'll be one sooner or later. 8)
Action_Burt

We (almost) had a game...

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:18 am

We did have a game in the works. After the success of T3 and the launching of the Series, and the promise of T4, a game was commissioned by Rock Solid Studios. And I bet it was a lot of fun as well! (If I understand correctly, a working PC version was made, but the kinks weren't worked out).

Thanks to Bonnie the UFO queen, not only did our series get cancelled, Universal shelved the game.

Stargate is a major cash cow, going on 9 seasons, so the comparison isn't really fair. (Although Tremors could be a major cash cow as well)
Action_Burt

MODs?

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:23 am

Another possibility is for a network of dedicated fans to make a mod for Tremors...

Half Life 2 seems promising... except the guns aren't there.

Another choice might be Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising. That game has the Barrett, and driveable vehicles.

If someone could model the graboids, shriekers, a-bs, Burt's power wagon etc, it wouldn't be too hard to use them to create some fun levels. (The old Delta Force 2 level designed was very easy to use).

I think the way to go would be to make Graboids be in the vehicle class. I doubt you could get a workable grab and tentacle attack, but maybe you could work it so the graboids RAM players- thereby making their death a sure thing.

Any other MOD thoughts?
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Not bad

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:22 am

Not bad AB...you've really got some great game ideas there. (I like the ramming graboids.) Here's hoping someone at Stampede is reading this and thinks that it's a good idea too. I'm sure there'll be a Tremors game for PS2 and X-Box soon. 8)
Action_Burt

Stampede would love it

Postby Action_Burt » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:45 pm

Stampede Entertainment is not holding Tremors back. They'd love to see more done with the franchise:

It's a win-win situation for them; they love the concept and they would get paid.

Universal is the stopping block in any future Tremors equation.
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Re: Stampede would love it

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:59 am

Action_Burt wrote:Stampede Entertainment is not holding Tremors back. They'd love to see more done with the franchise:

It's a win-win situation for them; they love the concept and they would get paid.

How so?
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Re: Stampede would love it

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:43 am

linx05 wrote:
Wesley Wyndam Pryce wrote:
Action_Burt wrote:Stampede Entertainment is not holding Tremors back. They'd love to see more done with the franchise:

How so?

Stampede doesn't own the rights to Tremors. Universal Studios do. We have to go through them to get stuff made. I'm sure Stampede Entertainment would be THRILLED to have another movie or game added to the franchise.

Huh? I thought Brent Maddock and S.S. Wilson owned the rights. Universal only disributed the film.
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:42 pm

linx05 wrote:
Huh? I thought Brent Maddock and S.S. Wilson owned the rights. Universal only disributed the film.

I wish that was so. From my understanding, Universal owns Tremors. So if you wanted a game or something like that, you would have to go through them.

I'll see what I can do. :D
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Mon May 23, 2005 5:18 am

Nope...I checked, linx05. 20th Century Fox only owns the distribution rights not the actual content of the movies or TV series. The ability to do whatever with characters and storylines (and further adventures perhaps?) resides with Brent Maddock and S.S. Wilson. Score one for creative control. :D
Action_Burt

Rights, rights, and maybe som lefts...

Postby Action_Burt » Tue May 24, 2005 9:38 am

Wesley Wyndam Pryce wrote:Nope...I checked, linx05. 20th Century Fox only owns the distribution rights not the actual content of the movies or TV series. The ability to do whatever with characters and storylines (and further adventures perhaps?) resides with Brent Maddock and S.S. Wilson. Score one for creative control. :D

Okay, let's examine this closely and hope Allan our faithful Perfection webmaster chimes in...

First off, SS Wilson is very gracious with his time and has answered numerous emails and FAQs. I find it hard to believe he would lie to any fan of Tremors- it would consume far less time to just blow annoying fans off.

Mr. Wilson explained the rights thusly:

Universal owns the rights to the FILMS. That is, the story itself, and characters, belonged to Stampede, but the actual filmstock, images, etc were made by Universal and are therefore Universal's property.

Scifi, a division of Universal, was given permission to use the characters, etc. to do the series. They own the series footage, etc.

If I understand copyrights correctly, Since Universal owns the film, anything else spawned from Tremors is a kind of derivitive work, and therefore Universal owns it. Maybe Stampede could argue and fight for rights to do books,etc. but as it stands now, Mr. Wilson has stated that ANY licensing of ANYTHING Tremors, has to be approved by Universal... and he doubts that the folks in charge of that department of Universal know or care about Tremors. Oh, if only Tremors had existed as a book or something first, then the rights would fall back to that publisher...

Secondly, ever wonder about the lack of Tremors: The Series framegrabs, etc here? It's because Scifi owns those images, and Stampede can't use them without permission. And, Stampede has stated that Scifi won't even return their calls anymore.

Mr. Wilson has further stated that yes, he would like to see some Tremors-based novels. He'd like to write them himself- but he doesn't have the time (he does have other projects you know), and then there's the issue of getting Universal to approve such a licensing.

Bottomline:

SS Wilson, Brent Maddock, Nancy Roberts = nice folks that brought us four great films and 13 super episodes.

Universal Studios = oblivious corporate giant interested in dollars, not graboids.

Scifi Channel = division of corporation controlled by a UFO-obsessee who mocks and disdains the basement-dwelling uberfan, but who seems to act like one herself. About UFOs.
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Fri May 27, 2005 11:05 pm

Well, unless my eyes decieved me or the information I read was out of date...I'm pretty sure it said that all distribution rights were owned by 20th Century Fox. No other rights ownerships were contained nor mentioned within the documents that were released. 8)
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:51 pm

It is my understanding that a game, merchandise, more episodes or T5 all require the approval of Universal Studios.

You guys have as firm a grasp on the legal issues as I do so there isn't much point in getting into it much further. S.S. Wilson has actually lightened up a little on his views of copyright lately and would probably allow us to use selected frame-grabs or audio clips to promote our films to the public in a positive light. To date I have still tried to stay away from that kind of thing as much as possible so as to present ourselves to the studios as good corporate citizens.

The bottom line on all of the decision making is money. SciFi and Universal filter every decision based on their projections of how much money will be made and how much risk is involved in making it. The series, a Tremors game, Tremors 5 and even the decisions about merchandise all related back to some numbers an accountant wrote on a yellow sheet of paper. Stampede would love to go on producing Tremors related content but until the franchise can be proven financially viable again there is little chance of that happening.
KCChiefs05

Star Gate

Postby KCChiefs05 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:54 am

Umm Not be rude... but STAR GATE... THIS IS TREMORS BABY.. If I wanna see stars and spaceships I'll go outside lol or Watch Star Wars... If game develepors were smart they get on here and get ideas from us... If they were smart.. Star gate thats hilarious.
"In China no one shoots at WALL!!" "In China no one has gun!" ROFLMAO

"I'll be your huckleberry......" - Doc Holiday R.I.P

"Thats $300,000 grand a piece!...Aww man I'm feelin light-head Earl.."

Return to “Dirt Dragons”