ANTI-Graboid Tactics?

It's about Burt, need we say more?
Undertaker

Postby Undertaker » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:40 pm

Want to know another? Herd a bunch of em into an enclosed area and set off a bomb...boooom bye bye shreikers

-The Deadman
The big bore anti tank rifle is very...excessive....
GummerMaster

Postby GummerMaster » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 pm

well a Willie Pete grenade might work than jump on a M2HB Heavy Browning Machine Gun.
Semper Fi!

Carry On!

GMaster OUT.
graboid350

hmm

Postby graboid350 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:43 pm

GummerMaster wrote:well a Willie Pete grenade might work than jump on a M2HB Heavy Browning Machine Gun.

why eaven bother though? i mean they die just fine without fancy grenades...

two things i always wondered though,

1. the sizmo watches vibrate to tell you the braboid is near... couldn't that like, vibrate enough to make elblanco come out and..... i dont know, eat you?

2. same consept in tremors 4, cans on a stick..... what a bright idea.... they make noise to wan you in case of graboid...... wouldn't that just be grand if it ate one?

so i also came up with a good graboid trap..... if your short on electric cars.... why not just stick a stick with cans on it into the ground and atach a remote explosive to it worm eats the stick somple wire conection butten magig is pressed by worms stomache.......................... "end of worm"

that would be helpfull when hunting graboids is your low on 50. cal rifles and electrick trucks.....

now theres one more thing..... i wounder how shreikers would react to water... i mean they couldn't swim.... if you low on firepower why not just drown them?

if you want to keep a shreiker as a pet.... why not trank it, declaw it, then majorly dull the beeks? it would be a great hom sucurity system..... burgler on lawn.... the heat gives him away.
burp.....
graboid350

Re: hmm

Postby graboid350 » Fri May 26, 2006 6:57 pm

linx05 wrote:
graboid350 wrote:if you want to keep a shreiker as a pet.... why not trank it, declaw it, then majorly dull the beeks? it would be a great hom sucurity system..... burgler on lawn.... the heat gives him away.

LOL that's a good one! Or clamp down its jaw.

then it couldet shriek......... oh well....
burp.....
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Sun May 28, 2006 7:58 am

Now that would be awesome to have a shreiker as a pet. Imagine walking down the sidewalk with a shrieker. It would be worse than having a pit bull or rottweiler. However, you would have to prevent it from reproducing. Because its just like every animal and still has to eat. Plus you would really have to watch it. Because it could get animals that would come into the yard. Because next thing you know you have more than one shrieker because it ate a few rabbits, birds, neighbor's pets, and or whatever else that could get into your yard.
"When You Need It and Don't Have It You Sing A Different Tune"

"Doing What I Can With What I've Got"
Action_Burt

Postby Action_Burt » Sun May 28, 2006 8:43 am

graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:1. the sizmo watches vibrate to tell you the braboid is near... couldn't that like, vibrate enough to make elblanco come out and..... i dont know, eat you?

Who said they vibrate? I thought it was an audible alarm?

Still if it did vibrate, why does that mean a graboid would go for it? Do Lions hunt mice? I would think a graboid could tell from the strength of vibrations if something was good enough prey.

The scene in T3 where Jack is standing on the ground, and throws his keys... why didn't the graboid hear his heartbeat? I think graboids disregard little things.

graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:2. same consept in tremors 4, cans on a stick..... what a bright idea.... they make noise to wan you in case of graboid...... wouldn't that just be grand if it ate one?

so i also came up with a good graboid trap..... if your short on electric cars.... why not just stick a stick with cans on it into the ground and atach a remote explosive to it worm eats the stick somple wire conection butten magig is pressed by worms stomache.......................... "end of worm"

I don't think a graboid would eat the cans on a stick, but it might come over to investigate. However, why not creata something similar with a spring arm and a heavy weight- kind of like a thumper from Dune.

That seems a logical way to fight graboids- set up some thumpers tied to explosives so when graboids come near they get blasted. Kind of an underground mine.

graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:now theres one more thing..... i wounder how shreikers would react to water... i mean they couldn't swim.... if you low on firepower why not just drown them?

Maybe they can swim. I'd ove to see a graboid near a marshy area, skirting the edge of the water, then birthing some amphibian shriekers. Of course, IR vision wouldn't be good in the water.

graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:if you want to keep a shreiker as a pet.... why not trank it, declaw it, then majorly dull the beeks? it would be a great hom sucurity system..... burgler on lawn.... the heat gives him away.

Might make for another good government episode. But yeah, the main threat would be in it reproducing. Oh, and it turning into an A-B.
graboid350

Postby graboid350 » Tue May 30, 2006 3:45 pm

Action_Burt wrote:
graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:1. the sizmo watches vibrate to tell you the braboid is near... couldn't that like, vibrate enough to make elblanco come out and..... i dont know, eat you?

Who said they vibrate? I thought it was an audible alarm?

Still if it did vibrate, why does that mean a graboid would go for it? Do Lions hunt mice? I would think a graboid could tell from the strength of vibrations if something was good enough prey.

The scene in T3 where Jack is standing on the ground, and throws his keys... why didn't the graboid hear his heartbeat? I think graboids disregard little things.

graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:2. same consept in tremors 4, cans on a stick..... what a bright idea.... they make noise to wan you in case of graboid...... wouldn't that just be grand if it ate one?

I don't think a graboid would eat the cans on a stick, but it might come over to investigate. However, why not creata something similar with a spring arm and a heavy weight- kind of like a thumper from Dune.

That seems a logical way to fight graboids- set up some thumpers tied to explosives so when graboids come near they get blasted. Kind of an underground mine.

graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:now theres one more thing..... i wounder how shreikers would react to water... i mean they couldn't swim.... if you low on firepower why not just drown them?

Maybe they can swim. I'd ove to see a graboid near a marshy area, skirting the edge of the water, then birthing some amphibian shriekers. Of course, IR vision wouldn't be good in the water.

graboid350 wrote:
GummerMaster wrote:if you want to keep a shreiker as a pet.... why not trank it, declaw it, then majorly dull the beeks? it would be a great hom sucurity system..... burgler on lawn.... the heat gives him away.

Might make for another good government episode. But yeah, the main threat would be in it reproducing. Oh, and it turning into an A-B.

first off yes i think the graboid would go for a vibrating watch... lions dont eat mice but graboids eat toy trucks..........

if it makes noise its lunch..... thats how graboids play...

ok... shriekers dont have arms.... their feet arn't webbed and it wouldn't get far using its beek.......... u wana see what its like try swiming with your touge....

well if you could nuter the shreiker as seen in night of the shreikers it couldn't become an ab... and if it did they turn into abs by sheding they keep there same beek and claws they just change so whats the worst that could happen? i meen ya the droping would be groose...... but its not like its gana eat anyone....... second it cant feed the naighbors pet if it doesn't have a sharp beek.... theird if your worried about them reproducing soo what? get another pet.... in fact why not get a whole herd of shriekers to take over your naighborhood? wouldn't that be fun?
but serieusly in night of the shriekers they didn't reproduce because they watched the food intake yess they will reproduce but they have to give themselves enegy first.....

lastly yes... it woould be realy cool to see a graboid in a swamp.... what would be realy cool is if the sizmo equipment got drenched and didn't work... so they are forced to go in the tunnels wich form because of the graboids movments and the moisture of the ground... im out of time ghope u liked this idea
burp.....

Return to “All Things Burt”