What do you think about Burt?

It's about Burt, need we say more?
Snakeoid

What do you think about Burt?

Postby Snakeoid » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:51 am

I think he's a little lonely after Heather left him.
Would you agree that the idea of someone else coming to live with him
in future tremors series/movies would be great?
"You don't need a worm, a worm needs you!"
LadyNRA

Postby LadyNRA » Wed May 05, 2004 4:01 pm

That's not as easy as it sounds. Burt is essentially a loner. Heather won't be back. She's probably remarried after all that time has passed. And I don't see him just shacking up with anyone. It would take a pretty unique person to catch his attention and then keep it (romantically speaking). He's also a really really honorable guy. I don't see him as ever having been unfaithful to Heather, and though I could be wrong, I'm not sure he'd just move a love interest in without doing the 'right thing' first.
"I am completely out of ammo. That's never happened to me before!"
Shadoe

Postby Shadoe » Wed May 05, 2004 6:13 pm

I think it's a good idea!

But then, that shoudl be obvious.... :)
Landscaper

Postby Landscaper » Thu May 06, 2004 4:00 pm

I think the new lady for Burt would be the entomologist from "The sound of silence" episode. I agree that Burt definitely needs someone to "fill the void", but she would have to "hold her own" intellectually, physically, and spiritually to attract Burt's attention.

I also think it would be interesting for her NOT to be a gun lover like Burt. Yes she would use them, but only as a last resort. She's not scared of them, or thinks that they are "Evil" in any misconcieved way. She would rather think of an original way of solving the problem, instead of limiting herself to one option. For her, "My mind is the most dangerous weapon ever devised." :twisted:

This would give a nice conflict between the characters to overcome, and create an environment where they could learn about and from each other while gaining/keeping respect for one anothers ideology.
The one that plans ahead.
Running_With_Shriekers

Postby Running_With_Shriekers » Fri May 07, 2004 4:28 am

I fit the description of what landscaper says... so maybe I'M the right one for Burt! lol... just kidding but I do think landscaper has the right personality for a woman that Burt should have for his next wife. I don't think he is lonely but I think it would be awesome to see him with another woman... we've all seen how he acts in MANY different situations but we hardly know how he acts with a woman by his side. Would he be protective in a shrieker attack? Would he just hand her a gun and say "here you go, have fun!"?

Also, IF Burt was looking for another woman... how would they meet? how would he 'fall in love'? How would he be attracted to her at first? these are just some interesting questions to think about. In my personal opinion I would like to see Burt with a woman... nothing wrong with a lil change... and a lil estrogen!!
Looking for a little heat?
LadyNRA

Postby LadyNRA » Thu May 13, 2004 9:14 am

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't want to see Burt with a woman, I just meant that I didn't think he'd do the 'shack up' thing. I agree that I don't see him winding up with another survivalist (though it would be possible anyway). He'd certainly want someone who is his equal in a lot of ways. On the other hand, he is a person of contradictions. He easily showed that Heather was his equal. He knew her abilities, didn't question them, and didn't act overly protective toward her, though he would have, certainly, if she were in danger she couldn't get out of. On the other hand, he tends to be protective of other women less capable of defending themselves than Heather was. I don't see him with a Nancy-type, someone totally anti-gun. Opposites may attract but in Burt's case, I'm not sure total opposites would work for long. It would take a very special woman to move to Perfection, live in a bunker, and enjoy being with a man whose goal in life is to protect the Valley (and even the rest of the world) from monsters. :)
TG

Postby TG » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:48 am

I think it's better to be alone.It makes him seem more of an army man,
and more of a tough guy.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:56 pm

Ahh, but see, Burt would like a woman who had the same drive for survival- as SciFi's The Series website says, "patient support and an ability to load an HK-91 like nobody's business."

I think Nancy should keep to her right-brainy former-hippie attitude, but at the same time develop a knack for "alternative weaponry"- like in Night of the Shriekers, skills picked up from her "radical friends". Burt could provide the lead firepower and regulations, and Nancy could be his backup lofty explosives expert, providing the creativity and other half of the brain. Err... okay, he'd probably say "When there's snowboarding in hell"... but one can imagine...
Burts_Brother

Burt Is Fine Alone

Postby Burts_Brother » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:01 pm

We all have seen the way Burt acts/fight along side of a woman. We had Heather in Tremors 1, Kathy in Tremors 2, Jody in Tremors 3, and Jody, Rosalita, and the red-head in Tremors the Series. I will admit he fights well with a woman by his side. But according to the 3rd installment Migual quotes to Burt that it has been 11 years since the first graboid incursion. And by the looks of it Burt was doing just fine. His did his moaning or whatever in Tremors 2. we all seen how he looked when Earl called him for help. So I think Burt is fine the way he is and doesn't need a wife or anything. Now maybe he would get a sidekick thats a woman to replace Tyler.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:27 pm

But why should they replace Tyler?? I'm hoping to see Victor Browne in T5 ^.^

Explosives or no, though, I really think the way The Series was going- and was planned, apparently, to go- Burt and Nancy could('ve?) worked out pretty well. *shrugs*
Burts_Brother

Burt with Nancy...NO WAY

Postby Burts_Brother » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:53 am

There would be no possible way for Burt and Nancy to become a couple. Nancy gets on his nerves just by living there in Perfection. She barely likes the way Burt deals with every situation. And we all saw what she did in Tremors 3 with the new graboid incursion. Then we all saw how she acted when the tremors series. I.E. when the doctor had the search and rescue shriekers. You saw how Nancy freaked out when when Burt went into his combat mode. Then that was when Tyler and Rosalita went and helped Burt. Now that was awesome so they need more people like that. Maybe they could bring back Grady or Jack. They were some cool side-kicks for Burt.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Shadoe

Postby Shadoe » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:09 am

I'd love to see a movie with the tv characters. They were a great group, for the most part. I think I liked the movie Jodi better, though.

I don't know about the Burt & Nancy thing. I know they were aiming for the "opposites attract" thing, but they went too far with it. Usually with the concept of opposites attracting, there is at least one trait they share in common, something they can get together on. Burt and Nancy, though, are at opposite sides of the personality spectrum. They haven't really got much common ground to be attracted to.
LadyNRA

Postby LadyNRA » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:18 pm

Shadoe wrote:I'd love to see a movie with the tv characters. They were a great group, for the most part. I think I liked the movie Jodi better, though.

I don't know about the Burt & Nancy thing. I know they were aiming for the "opposites attract" thing, but they went too far with it. Usually with the concept of opposites attracting, there is at least one trait they share in common, something they can get together on. Burt and Nancy, though, are at opposite sides of the personality spectrum. They haven't really got much common ground to be attracted to.

No argument there! I have said all along that i'd like to see the TV characters show up in a movie. :D
El Blanco

Postby El Blanco » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:13 pm

I dont think Burt is really alone, there is El Blanco,lol
and I dont think Burt would go for another gal maybe if it was Heather
coming back or another gun freak like he is. :wink:

~Its hard to follow your dreams when you are living in nightmares...~

Return to “All Things Burt”