Burt's Gun Rack

It's about Burt, need we say more?
Foxtrot_X-Ray

Postby Foxtrot_X-Ray » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:10 pm

It's possible he BUILT Some of them.

I know of several places a person could purchase partially (80%) machined Receivers, parts, tools and equipment to build 1911a1 pistols, AR-15 and AK-47 rifles.
I'd be willing to bet there are places to buy 80% receivers & parts for other rifles and handguns as well.

Doubtless, Burt has the skills, and I think the untraceable, unregistered do-it-yourself approach would appeal to him.
nicGeorge

Postby nicGeorge » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:05 pm

smbcomix wrote:Of course. But I'm just saying, wouldn't it have made sense for Burt to totally avoid the hassle of going through government channels for him to get those weapons?

And on the side, he appears to have been living off-the-grid, at least until Tremors The Series, when Twitchie showed up. It would certainly explain how he may have gotten away with it.

I think...

Well if you recall in Tremors 3, when the Feds first approached Burt and the others, Burt said, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infrindged" implying that he most likley was keeping his weapons illegally. Just my take on it though.
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:34 am

Burt's not really the law breaking type. If anything, he'd want to avoid giving The Man the right to come onto his property, taking his stuff, and telling him what's what. As logn as he's by the book, they can't touch him.
Gummer

Re: Burt's Gun Rack

Postby Gummer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 pm

BurtGummer2005 wrote:Burt's gun rack is really awesome. I mean where did he possibly get all those weapons!? :D
HE probely got the from his family members passed down throught the years...
Gummer

Postby Gummer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm

I like how Burt puts all his firepower to the Graboids and not really humans!!!!
Babyboomer

Postby Babyboomer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Like I said in another topic reply Burt & Heather most likely just went to the gun store in Bixbe and bought the guns. Some of the guns they couldn't buy there they most likely got through gun catalogs with credit cards & had them sent to Walter Changs Market just like the bullits they picked up there in Tremors 1. Remember that scene?
Sci Fi Fan, Tremors, Stargate SG-1, any zombie movie
AKdude

Postby AKdude » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Naw, because a Class III weapon (most fully automatic firearms fall into Class III) requires BATF notification for ownership transfer, so Burt probably would have bought most of the firearms himself. And he would probably go to Reno or Las Vegas where there actually are large gunshops that would carry such firearms. Also, Burt is the kind of person, like me, who would make sure everything is above reproach and all the paperwork is properly filed- because laws can't be made to work retroactively (ie: the expired "assault weapons ban") - once Burt owns them, the government cannot take them away, unless Burt is convicted of a felony. The government could prevent the resale/transfer of said firearms, but that is it.

Return to “All Things Burt”