Burt's Gun Rack

It's about Burt, need we say more?
BurtGummer2005

Burt's Gun Rack

Postby BurtGummer2005 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:09 am

Burt's gun rack is really awesome. I mean where did he possibly get all those weapons!? :D
Burt.Gummer.2005
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:18 pm

the black market :lol: just jk i dunno where he got them
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:29 pm

i know he lives in america i was only joking
Burts_Brother

Burt's Guns

Postby Burts_Brother » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:05 pm

Some of those guns that Burt has have some years on them. That is if you compare to what era your in. Most likely Burt probably bought some of them himself and some probably were handed down to him throughout the years from his relatives. Some of those guns aren't hard to buy here in America. Now as for the AK-47 I am not for sure how he got one of those. Maybe given to him as a gift for his help or one of his relatives was in a war and was able to get one.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Braeden

Postby Braeden » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:47 pm

You can buy like any gun you want pretty much from this website http://www.gunbroker.com
gunguy

Postby gunguy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:58 am

Actually it is perfectly legal to get AK-47's and AR-15's. Obviously only semi-auto and not fully automatic but still. He could have gotten a Class III firearms license and legally modified his firearms to full-auto. And he would have to have a clean criminal record but otherwise anyone can get full auto guns if they're willing to pay enough for it.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:46 am

He also gets a lot of guns from different states and countries.
Like Mexico and Argentina. And from the U.S. goverment (in the series).
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Zidane Tompson

Postby Zidane Tompson » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:12 pm

you can buy any gun i depends on which state you are in i live in TX i can go to a gun sow and buy a M73 grenade luncher if i wonted to or a full auto 50 cal brawling ya just got to have a class 3 lessens to get that you got to be 23 years of age and have no serous felinelys its easy
smbcomix

Postby smbcomix » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 am

I dunno...reading Gunguy's statement where he said Burt could have gone through all the government procedures to buy his weapons, I'm inclined to doubt it. Come on, it's BURT GUMMER -- the man who despises anything (and anyone) Federal!!...with the possible exception of Cletus and Dr. Matthews, but STILL!!

I think that Burt probably got them either online or from the black market...I'm leaning towards the first one.
Zidane Tompson

Postby Zidane Tompson » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:36 am

smbcomix wrote:I dunno...reading Gunguy's statement where he said Burt could have gone through all the government procedures to buy his weapons, I'm inclined to doubt it. Come on, it's BURT GUMMER -- the man who despises anything (and anyone) Federal!!...with the possible exception of Cletus and Dr. Matthews, but STILL!!

I think that Burt probably got them either online or from the black market...I'm leaning towards the first one.

----------
burt dosent like the goverment just because its the government the fact that he dosent like the withholding of information and the rights he has can be enpeachend on by an technecallity example emminet domain
a good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitten next to you sayin DAME THAT WAS FUN
smbcomix

Postby smbcomix » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Of course. But I'm just saying, wouldn't it have made sense for Burt to totally avoid the hassle of going through government channels for him to get those weapons?

And on the side, he appears to have been living off-the-grid, at least until Tremors The Series, when Twitchie showed up. It would certainly explain how he may have gotten away with it.

I [i]think[/i]...
Zidane Tompson

Postby Zidane Tompson » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:45 pm

well i gata say shit,, my last post was 5 mounths ago. but getting guns is not hard but it depends what state you go to get them in alabama you can but one gun a week thats the limmit there in texas thats were in from you can buy as meny guns as you can afford and it dosent matter what brand or type
a good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitten next to you sayin DAME THAT WAS FUN
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:00 am

My guess would be that he probably got them from gun shows or private sellers. In most cases the gun only has to be registered to the person that purchased it from a licensed dealer. They call it in and do a background check to see if you are eligible to purchase a firearm i.e. citizenship status and criminal history. It is all done over the phone and the purchaser fills out a Form 4473. In most states if that gun is then resold to another individual then a Form 4473 is not required, although some staes specify that guns can only be sold by licensed sellers and that would prevent it. This is how you obtain a gun without a paper trail linking it to you.

So seeing as how burt doesn't like the government to know what he is doing, he certainly would not want them to know what weapons he has. He probably bought them from privae sellers for his original collection. No doubt the favors that he did for the South and Central American governments added to it later in the series when they gave him those gifts in exchange for killing graboids and shriekers. No idea how he got them into this country, but tons of cocaine and illegal weapons make it accross the border every day somehow.
Ah Hell everyone knows about em' we just didn't tell you.
burtgummerII

Postby burtgummerII » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:28 pm

GUYS!!!!!!!!! Burt's great-grandpappy, Hiram, owned a silver mine in 1889, and silver is worth a lot more today than it wuz then, and Hiram was also a marksman.
Memo: 4 pounds of C-4 may be a bit--excessive.
burtgummerII

Postby burtgummerII » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Also, the CREATORS even said Burt had BARS of silver left over from the mine!!!!! :x :x :x :x
Memo: 4 pounds of C-4 may be a bit--excessive.

Return to “All Things Burt”