Burt vs. Lost

It's about Burt, need we say more?
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Burt vs. Lost

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:58 am

Okay...I admit it! I designed this topic to draw you all in, but...to quote our favourite gun totin' survivalist, "It gotcha movin', didn't it!?" :D

Still...it's worth pondering. How do you think that Burt would do on the island? Last man standing perhaps?

Comments?
GummerMaster

Postby GummerMaster » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:22 pm

Last living thing standing hands down!!!!
Semper Fi!

Carry On!

GMaster OUT.
gunguy

Postby gunguy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:42 pm

Well Burt would really have to put his stealth techniques to good use if he vs. the "others". Does anyone else watch Lost here?
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:48 pm

well I think as much Burt knows about survivalism he could have done one of two things. 1) Rig up a shelter and fire so he could survive comfortable. Along with edible plants, fruits, and fresh fish for food. 2) Build a boat big enough for a shelter, supplies for a fire and food. So depending on what Burt wanted to do would determine decision.
"When You Need It and Don't Have It You Sing A Different Tune"

"Doing What I Can With What I've Got"
graboid350

Postby graboid350 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:22 pm

MacGyver wrote:well I think as much Burt knows about survivalism he could have done one of two things. 1) Rig up a shelter and fire so he could survive comfortable. Along with edible plants, fruits, and fresh fish for food. 2) Build a boat big enough for a shelter, supplies for a fire and food. So depending on what Burt wanted to do would determine decision.

or.....both
burp.....
Babyboomer

Postby Babyboomer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't like the TV show Lost. I can't understand the plot or follow the story. It doesn't make any sense to me, I just can't follow the story. The same goes for the TV shows Heros, Jericco and the new Battle Star Gallactica. All those shows jump around too much for me & I can't follow what is going on. Just my opinion. But I do love Tremors!

We hunt them down, we wipe them out we go at dawn!
Burt T3
Sci Fi Fan, Tremors, Stargate SG-1, any zombie movie
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 am

There'd be one les smoke monster, that's for sure. Provided it doesn't develop a thing for Burt, first.
Action_Burt

Burt and Project Dharma

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 am

I think there's a good chance Burt would have been grabbed those first few nights by Project Dharma. I know, he hates conspiracies, but they did grab the good folks (without hidden demons/pasts).

Would Burt have joined- after learning about the island, I think Burt would have been happy living there, but he wouldn't have wanted any part in their secret plans.

Now, if Burt wasn't grabbed/recruited... well, he very likely would have made it off the island. Cmon, he's Burt. His raft would have been much better.

Assumign SS Wilson wrote it- the Lost writers are okay, but they made some weird choices for their characters...
AKdude

Postby AKdude » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Lets be honest here.... Burt would NOT build a raft. Burt would have built a battleship, or atleast an armored cruiser. Then again, Burt would have pulled out his parachute and jumped when the plane went down. And then he would recover his luggage, dial up his satilite phone, and build an airstrip while waiting for the rescue plane to arrive.
Ather

Postby Ather » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:43 am

Imagine Burt playing chess with Locke.

Burt would have them building a fort to protect themselves from the Others. That's why he chose Perfection. Geographic Isolation. Then he'd train everybody in spear making and using.

Return to “All Things Burt”