Burt's new truck

It's about Burt, need we say more?
Landscaper

Burt's new truck

Postby Landscaper » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:28 pm

Here's a thought for a future Gummer truck!

[IMAGE]http://www.pickuptruck.com/IMAGES/autoshows/naias2005/jeep/gladiator3.ipg[/IMAGE]

For more info. Check here
[url=http://pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/naias2005/jeep/gladiator2.html/url]

What do you think?

IF the images don't come up, cut and paste the url.
Last edited by Landscaper on Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The one that plans ahead.
Action_Burt

Too High Tech

Postby Action_Burt » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:39 pm

Looks really good, but I doubt Burt would go for it... I also thought the Sport Trac in T3 was out of character for Burt...

Burt is a man of simplicity who wants to prepare for any eventuality. To put it simply, he counts on things to go bad. Any modern vehicle made is going to prove very difficult to effect field repairs on. For that reason, Burt would want to stick to something older. The Deuce and Half truck is great, but too large and cumbersome.

A Willys jeep might be the ticket, but it's too small to haul all his gear around in.

I think the Powerwagon was a perfect solution. A humvee might be nice also- or maybe somethign modified for Rock Climbing.
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:17 pm

8) I liked the Sport Trac in T3. However I think that he should the Ford Excursion that he had in the end of T3 back, but modified. He should get it with a 15 inch lift kit, a snorkle, turbo charged v-10 5.0L engine, and a whole bunch of other hi-tech stuff that I don't feel like listing.
"Let me illuminate the precarious situation in which you have found youself...I am the one they call when things go wrong...and things have indeed gone wrong."- Cobra Bubble's.
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:12 pm

how do you get pictures on here?
"Let me illuminate the precarious situation in which you have found youself...I am the one they call when things go wrong...and things have indeed gone wrong."- Cobra Bubble's.
Action_Burt

Images in...

Postby Action_Burt » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:59 pm

04EXCURSION wrote:how do you get pictures on here?

You need two sets of bracketed commands:

"[img]"%20before%20the%20http%20address,%20then%20a%20"[/img]" set after it.

like this:

"[IMAGE]http://www.stampede-entertainment.com/fantalk/templates/Cobalt/images/logo_phpbb.jpg[/IMAGE]"

04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:18 pm

how do i get a picture from the "my pictures" file?

I tried the thing but nothin.
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Images need to be uploaded to a web server to be seen live on the web and the only image you can upload to the FanTalk fourm is your avatar. To get an image to show up it would need to be uploaded to your own personal web server like Geocities http://geocities.yahoo.com/ and then linked in with a URL as noted earlier.
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:45 pm

8) Here is Burt Gummers new truck!
http://www.geocities.com/ford_excursion ... stars.html

Finally! What do you think of it? Is it Burt material? I think that it is.
Action_Burt

Look's good

Postby Action_Burt » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:09 am

Definitely a cool, LARGE truck. I still think it's too complicated, mechanically speaking, for Burt. And if he's going to go for something new and LARGE, shouldn't he get a Hummer?

On the other hand, I'd like to see Burt restored to his former economic glory and have TWO trucks. One to frive for leisure, like the one you've linked to, and one for Monster Hunting- tricked out with non-street legal devices and accourtments. The FOrd could be Burt's version of luxury transport- but knowing Burt it would still have to have the what-if preparations; 4X4 large, etc.

His montser hunting truck on the other hand would be some lethal death-truck, with mounts for MGs, smoke projectors, etc.

I also would like to see Burt add on to his compound- adding a subterranean garage with ramp to the surface, so his vehicles are protected from any incursion onto his property, and so he could get in a vehicle without going outside. Omegaman style.
Burts_Brother

I with Action Burt

Postby Burts_Brother » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:34 am

I am with Action Burt on this one. Burt should have two truck to drive. However, the ford is a little to luxury for Burt, I mean you saw how he reacted to Nancy's idea about redecorating his compound. I think Burt should keep his Powerwagon with added accessories. Then have a downsized Hummer with his accessories for when he needs to travel to other places. The Powerwagon does great in Perfection but if he travels to other places the terrain maybe become to difficult for the Powerwagon. So if he had a downsized hummer that would be cool. Also I think it would be a great idea for Burt to have an underground garage. It could be big enough to fit a Deuce and half and his other trucks when he needs them.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:54 pm

8) I couldn't se Burt in a Hummer, they are too small
Burts_Brother

Hummer to small for Burt

Postby Burts_Brother » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:14 pm

Hummers are bigger than Burt's Powerwagon. And they are a lot for powerful than his powerwagon. The excursion is too big for him to drive around...it might as well drive a friggin motorhome. For someone to say a hummer is too smaller much have never seen one. Does anyone else think a hummer is too small.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:50 am

8) Naw, I was inside a military Hummer (wagon), and it was small. Hummers look nice but are too small. I've seen and stood next to several different Hummers, and they just werent big enough. Also the Hummer is just as much of a luxury vehicle as the Excursion, if not more so.
Action_Burt

Not to argue, but...

Postby Action_Burt » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:17 am

04EXCURSION wrote:8) Naw, I was inside a military Hummer (wagon), and it was small. Hummers look nice but are too small. I've seen and stood next to several different Hummers, and they just werent big enough. Also the Hummer is just as much of a luxury vehicle as the Excursion, if not more so.

Are you sure you aren't mixing up the H2 and the Military Humvee?

A "real" humvee is wider than the average vehicle- wider than an excursion for example:

Humvee:
Dimensions: L: 180â€
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:02 pm

8) I'm not trying to p*** off anyone here but how could the H1 (which is what I was talking about, because H2's SUCK) have alot of space if you said "At least I had leg and head room, but that was about it." that doesn't sound like alot of space to me.

Granted the H1 is the #1 vehicle for offroading and is wider, but how often does Burt do extreme offroading?

Question, How much HP does the Hummer have?

You forgot to put the Excursion's weight- which is 4 Tons+. And that is unloaded.

Since the Excursion is a no go, what about these trucks, minus the flames on the X.

http://www.geocities.com/ford_excursion ... tars2.html[/img]

Return to “All Things Burt”