TREMORS: The Comic Book

It's about Burt, need we say more?
Action_Burt

TREMORS: The Comic Book

Postby Action_Burt » Mon May 03, 2004 7:35 am

Hey, you know I couldn't let this thread disappear!

We want our BURT GUMMER: Monster Hunter comic books and novels!

C'mon, say it with me!

"We want our BURT GUMMER: Monster Hunter comic books and novels!"

Imagien what the creative folks at Stampede could give us without budget constraints! A comic book has no limits! Neither does a novel!

We need XTREME TREMORS: The Graphic Novel!

How about some Dark Horse What-IF scenarios:

TREMORS: Judgement Day; Shriekers sweep the Earth, forcing man to fight for survival

PREDATOR vs. GRABOID

GRABOIDS AT THE EARTH's CORE (Pellucidar Invasion)

TREMORS IN TIME- series of one-shots with Graboids in different eras; Mandarin China, Medieval Europe, Navajo North America, Aztec South America, Persian Sahara, Roman north africa...
Landscaper

Luv It!

Postby Landscaper » Mon May 03, 2004 3:00 pm

Gotta go with the coms and Novels! It's one more step to turning Tremors into an ICON!
The one that plans ahead.
LadyNRA

Re: Luv It!

Postby LadyNRA » Wed May 05, 2004 3:55 pm

Landscaper wrote:Gotta go with the coms and Novels! It's one more step to turning Tremors into an ICON!

I will just be happy having Tremors turn UP at ICON! :wink:

But yeah, I would love to see a graphic novel. Or better yet, a regular novel. But I don't just want to see a shoot-em-up adventure. I like stories with some character development (it's a girl-thing, what can I say). And I want to see the series represented in a comic or graphic novel. Val and Earl have moved on. Let's see something with the series characters.
"I am completely out of ammo. That's never happened to me before!"
SnapCut

Postby SnapCut » Fri May 14, 2004 9:20 am

I would love to see and have some TREMORS/Burt Gummer comic books :)
Action_Burt

Burt's comic book adventures

Postby Action_Burt » Mon May 17, 2004 5:17 am

I'd love to see Burt facing off against all the Universal Monsters; much like Abbott & Costello did.

Burt vs. Dracula
Burt vs. Frnakenstein- maybe spin it as a modern Frankenstein/Zombie story
Burt vs. the wolfman- maybe a howling-type story. Give Burt a minigun with silver-dipped bullets. And a flamethrower. Oh, and an ultra-sonic dog repeller. Maybe have it set in the West- like Native American Wolfmen...
Burt vs. the Mummy- keep it American- have it be some kind of Native American Mummy... or follow one of those stories you see on the net where Egyptians found America. (Did you know chocolate has been found with Egyptian mummies, priving there was trade between the Americas and Africa?)
Burt vs. the Mole People- Moleman vs. Graboid, not much of a fight... Still it would be neat to see Burt finding a lost civilization underground
Burt vs. the Gillman (Well, we'll see that this year. I'm definitely going to get it done this year!)

Then there's the non-Universal monsters:
Burt vs. Predator vs. Aliens (okay, not so great a story... Maybe Predator vs. Graboid?)
Burt vs. Gremlins- They're cute, they're cuddly... until they eat some of Burt's MREs after midnight. Question: How many gremlins could El Blanco devour in one bite?

C'mon, anyone else?
AtlantaMike

Postby AtlantaMike » Wed May 19, 2004 4:56 am

Yanno, something crossed my mind earlier today. What with mixmaster, who says the species have to be mixed-up stuff, just really mutated stuff. We could have all manner of desert wildlife go insane, like the giant ants in the movie "THEM!", or a tremors-twist remake of "Night of the Lepus" or something like that.
Fish aren't pets, they're self-propelled decorations.
Action_Burt

Tremors: The Comic Book

Postby Action_Burt » Wed May 19, 2004 5:43 am

AtlantaMike wrote:Yanno, something crossed my mind earlier today. What with mixmaster, who says the species have to be mixed-up stuff, just really mutated stuff. We could have all manner of desert wildlife go insane, like the giant ants in the movie "THEM!", or a tremors-twist remake of "Night of the Lepus" or something like that.

I still think we need to forget about mixmaster- quietly pretend it never happened, like Galactica 1980.

However, a giant Ant story would be great! Michael Gross has stated in an interview that was one of his favorite films.

Which makes me think, what would really be cool for a comic book series would be to get different Tremors actors, directors etc to write the comic stories. (kind of like Richard Hatch writing the Galactica comics years ago).

I know that Mr. Gross has said repeatedly that he likes the group effort, the character interaction in the Tremors films, but I still would like to see something like Kolchak the Nightstalker where Burt is the main character, with a minor supporting cast, encountering various monsters...

Hey! That would be cool, Burt Gummer meets Kolchak!
SnapCut

Re: Burt's comic book adventures

Postby SnapCut » Fri May 21, 2004 10:18 am

Action_Burt wrote:I'd love to see Burt facing off against all the Universal Monsters; much like Abbott & Costello did.

That is a GREAT idea :!:

I love it :D
Action_Burt

Do not let the comic book idea die!!!

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:05 pm

Hey, come one, this thread was fading away!

Okay, Van Helsing is a hit, Aliens vs. Predator comes out in August.

It's the year of the monster!

Forget Spiderman, Blade and the Punisher (okay, maybe not the Punisher- that's my other favorite), monsters rule!

A Tremors comic, featuring the globe trotting monster hunts of Burt and Tyler, possibly under contract from Earl and Grady, would make for a great monthly title!

Say it with me!

We want Tremors: The Comic Book! (Alternate title: Burt Gummer: Monster Hunter)

We want Tremors: The Comic Book! (Alternate title: Burt Gummer: Monster Hunter)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TG

Postby TG » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:47 am

I would love a Tremors comic!
That would be a way to see what happened to Earl and Val (we've heard tip-bits,I know....) without paying Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward huge amounts of money.
I've been thinking of making a fan comic
(I talked about it a while ago on the old board-Tremors:A Hard Day's Work?)
but I'd need a better scanner first.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:45 pm

^.^

I think it might be interesting to see a combination, though, between Burt and Tyler on missions outside Perfection, and stuff back home in Perfection with Jodi/Nancy/Twitchell etc. involved. Tremors: The Series: The Comic Book! Sorta...

And Burt and Tyler should definately ride around in Burt's "Power Wagon" Blazer ^.-
Action_Burt

Keep this thread alive!

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:45 am

Don't let this thread die!

Keep the dream alive: Tremors stories, in glorious four color illustration, delivered to your door monthly! No budget limitations- unbridled graboid story telling!

We want our Tremors comic books!
El Blanco

Postby El Blanco » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:13 am

that would be a great idea so we could keep TREMORS ALIVE!!! :D :D

~Its hard to follow your dreams when you are living in nightmares...~
Brian

Postby Brian » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:15 pm

I heard Dark Horse is talkin with Stampede to do a comic.
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:41 pm

Brian wrote:I heard Dark Horse is talkin with Stampede to do a comic.
lets hope stampede says yes and makes it.

Return to “All Things Burt”