Burt vs. ???

It's about Burt, need we say more?
Action_Burt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Burt vs. ???

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:19 pm

Here's a good thread... monsters that would fit the Tremors theme, that we would like to see Burt fight...

The Gillman.

Jurassic Park/Isla Nublar

The Mole People

King Kong. (Imagine Burt called in to help an oil company trying to tap a new reservoir)
Great White Graboid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Great White Graboid » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:28 pm

How about Burt vs. some of the slasher film horror icons of the 80's?
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Action_Burt

Burt vs. Slashers? Nah!

Postby Action_Burt » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:45 pm

I dont' think it wopuld work, writing-wise.

You've got to remember that Burt is the Ash of monster films.

Ash wouldn't make any sense fighting monsters, while Burt would lose a lot of his humor in fighting slashers.

A good catch-all character would be jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China). I think he'd be equally at home fighting monsters as he would slashers- so long as there was SOME supernatural twist involved.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:49 pm

I'd like to see Burt battle some Japanese horror monsters. , , - many of which are interchangable in the roles of hero or villian, but for Burt's purposes it'd work fine for them to be the villian. I can see it now- Godzilla and Mothra go on vacation, and Megalon decides to go on a rampage, so who does Tokyo call?

Or heck, dip into the low-budget, non-famous Japanese monsters, even. Phantom and the Krankorians decide to invade, but (or Wally, if you prefer) is busy elsewhere, so the scientists call in Burt and Tyler to battle the wicked chicken-like moustached men. Or perhaps we could go to Italy-disguised-as-London and have Burt stand in for Vadinho (oh yeah, and for the amazing - or better yet, keep him around so he can pretend to be doing something while Burt and Tyler do all the real work) to battle KOBRAS and the evil mask of the ancient aztecs.
Action_Burt

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:07 am

Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:54 pm

The original Japanese Godzilla wasn't totally implausible, especially at the time. He was created by old dinosaur remains being affected by the radiation of H-bomb tests. Radiation is a tried and true old monster theory, and in fact it was one of the things Val suggested back in T1 that could've caused the graboids to appear (not that it was).

Mighty Joe Young was too nice! I think Burt should battle things that are really nasty/evil, and not in-betweens, like the Wolf Man and such. You could have an evil bigfoot and that might be okay...

Besides, the Krankor aliens could really exist, for all we know.
Action_Burt

PLausible man in a rubber suit?

Postby Action_Burt » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:52 am

Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:36 pm

Action_Burt

Postby Action_Burt » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:05 am

LadyNRA

Re: PLausible man in a rubber suit?

Postby LadyNRA » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:33 pm

"I am completely out of ammo. That's never happened to me before!"
SnapCut

Postby SnapCut » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:06 am

LadyNRA

Postby LadyNRA » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:22 am

Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:21 pm

stampede

Godzilla vs. King Kong

Postby stampede » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:19 am

LadyNRA

Re: Godzilla vs. King Kong

Postby LadyNRA » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:09 am

Return to “All Things Burt”