Global Warming & Graboids

Talk About Tremors The Series
Ather

Global Warming & Graboids

Postby Ather » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:58 am

With heat neeeded to hathc Graboid eggs, wouldn't Global Warming cause an increase in Graboid incursions? And wouldn't that hurt the economy of smaller nations having to hire Burt to save them?

GW costs are alwasy calculated, but for the Tremors universe, you'd need loss of life to increased Graboid attacks, damage to property, and hiring Burt. I wonder if this was our world, if people would hop on the bandwagon knowing that increased GW will lead to more deaths? Would the inconvenience be worth it to stop Graboids?
Action_Burt

Perfection- 9 years later

Postby Action_Burt » Fri May 04, 2012 6:21 am

Well, since the Series events of the series, depicted WAY back in 2003, I don't think Global Warming is a big concern.

If graboid hatchings were on the rise, by now they'd either have gotten out of hand, or been combatted by the government.

Burt, if he were still alive (he's bound to be pushing 70 by now) would be living in hermit like obscurity or surviving in a post-graboid Apocalyptic world.

But really, if there was never a global outbreak of Graboids in the past, why would there by now, with ust a few degrees increase in temps? I think we can rule out the Grabocalypse.

I don't think Burt would even be in Perfection Valley anymore. Surely by now Mixmaster would have gotten out of hand, requiring an evacuation. Unless the scientists figured out how to stop it.

Rosalita would doubtless have moved on- probably with a hefty check for all those cattle (bought by the G to feed El Blanco) or possibly in prison for posing as Miguel's niece.

Even Jodie would likely have moved on- turning her own fleeting Graboid fame into major bucks.

Tyler no doubt returned to NASCAR- driving a bright orange, Graboid car sponsored by Monster World. Even with very few wins he'd probably have become a very popular driver.

Even Larry, the scifi fanatic has probably blossomed- making monster movies for YouTube on low budgets.

How global warming's impact on them all would turn out seems pretty moot.

Hmmm... speakingof Youtube... someone out to do a "where are they now" fanfilm- on Perfection Valley. Cleverly interview cast members and edit their responses so it's like you're interviewing the characters as they reflect on those harried times of 2003...
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun May 06, 2012 8:27 am

Burt's going to be one of those 99 year olds going skydiving. But if not, you know he'll outfit his hweelchair with enough weapons to make it a minitank.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Interesting theory. Never really gave global warming much of a though when it comes to Tremors.

Oh, Action_Burt, I love your theories on the future of the Perfection residents :D Though I would prefer to think that they still lived in Perfection while all that was going on :P
GreenStripe

The Amazing Flying Burt

Postby GreenStripe » Sun May 20, 2012 1:02 am

Burt's going to be one of those 99 year olds going skydiving.

The only way I can see Burt skydiving is if he's doing it while hunting a skywale or similar flying monster. You know, so he can get a better shot.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.

Return to “Tremors The Series”