Why not Relaunch as a Series?

Talk About Tremors The Series
Action_Burt

Why not Relaunch as a Series?

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:39 am

I remember a while back that folks were speculating on how maybe Universal would consider a relaunch of Tremors, with a new cast. Not a bad idea, but I wonder if a TV series, retelling the events of the 4 movies and the 13 episodes might not be better.

Look at the success of The Walking Dead. AMC scored a huge win there. Maybe NBC-Universal ought to consider doing something else in the genre and drop such terrible projects like "The Cape" (blagh....)

I came to this sudden revelation just moments ago when it hit me who the best possible Michael Gross replacement for Burt Gummer could ever be. See, thanks to Netlfix, I just discovered USA Network's wonderful crime-comedy, PSYCH.

And you guessed it, Det. Carlton Lassiter (Timothy Omundson) sure has a lot of Burt qualities.

But wait! Why stop there!

Kirsten Nelson (Chief Karen Vick) might do a good job as Heather Gummer.

And James Roday, the faux psychic of the series? Why, I see him as Val, of course. A wise cracking, semi-serious ladies man.

I know that Psych is doing well, and i hope it doesn't end soon. But the show is coming up on it's sixth season this summer.

As for Earl... well, any Tremors relaunch has GOT to have Bruce Campbell in it.
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 am

I wouldn't watch. Why remake if you could just greenlight the already made Movie 5 script?

Best bet is to go the catoon route. Betetr Mixmaster animals since drawing is easier than animatronicing or CGI-ing.
Action_Burt

to relaunch or not...

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:52 am

Whether or not we'll watch is moot. There aren't enough Tremors fans to bring the franchise as it was back. You need bigger numbers, and right now remakes are the thing.

Redo, making it seem like new. The suits love rehashing. Stampede could even show that the idea was successful before. I know, backwards logic- if it was successful before then why redo it?
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 am

Remake are in according to the big boys. Remakes are a horrible idea accoridng to the viewers. Sadly (or not), viewers don't just blindly listen to what the bigwig tell us we now like. It's why 3D hasn't caught on, and 2010 had lousy box office results.

The idea was succesful before, then allegedly stopped beign succesful. Not much for Universal to go on for brining in new blood. And alienatign existing fans only hurt. So, if we're not watching, UNiversal's not making money.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:14 am

I am sick of remakes...It could work, but I just don't see it being popular or well received. I would much rather have a low budget Tremors 5 based on the script Stampede wrote.
Overkill

Re: Why not Relaunch as a Series?

Postby Overkill » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:12 am

As for Earl... well, any Tremors relaunch has GOT to have Bruce Campbell in it.[/quote]
I'm not really supproting the idea of a remake, but this.

Bruce Campbell must make some Tremros related appearance sometime in his acting career.

Return to “Tremors The Series”