Tremors on Popcrunch

Talk About Tremors The Series
rawen100

Tremors on Popcrunch

Postby rawen100 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:19 pm

The bad news, Tremors the series gets really smashed; the good news, 238 people was introduced the Tremors intro!

http://www.popcrunch.com/12-of-the-wors ... on-movies/
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
project412

Postby project412 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:36 pm

:'( That's gonna turn people off from checking out the show. Maybe if they watched the episodes as much as I have (IN ORDER!) they would appreciate the show. :)
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:28 am

Well, to be fair, if you look away from the fact that it is Tremors (which is why I love the show) it's really not that great of a show. It doesn't have too much to put up against the big-shots.
A TV-series based on a movie is likely to fail, the points in the article are valid.
But I'd rather take this opportunity for what it is, 630 people watched the intro and was introduced the show. Who knows, maybe some of them was intrigued and wants more.
Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
project412

Postby project412 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah, I understand completely. There was just something about this show that kept me interested, even though I don't really watch any other shows. Oh well, everyone has their own opinion.

And I just noticed that the video of the theme song was from your youtube! :D

rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah, I love the show. It's just that it isn't mainstream enough, even for Syfy.

And yes, it is from my YouTube. 30 views every day and suddenly 600 in a day. ^_^
Proud owner of:

Action_Burt

Tremors the Series not mainstream?

Postby Action_Burt » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:19 am

Uh... why do you think TTS isn't mainstream enough?

Basic premise: small cast of characters fighting monsters.

That's a PROVEN TV concept:

Friday the 13th the series- how many years did that go, with the lead duo hunting down cursed items?

Warehouse 13- it's in it's 2nd year? Duo hunting down artifacts...

X Files- duo hunting down artifacts

Sanctuary- small team hunting down monsters

What killed Tremors was Bonnie Hammer. Not bad ratings. Not poor writing. It had great ratings, and it was as well written as any other buddy show.

What killed Tremors? Syfy was ordered to do it by parent company NBC/USA Network. It didn't fit the feminist UFO cult theme the channel was pushing at that time.

But what's really ironic is that Tremors was cancelled but only two short seasons later, Syfy has become a monster channel, with weekly cheeser monster movies and multiple monster-hunting shows.

Like Brisco County Jr., Tremors the Series was ahead of it's time. And Syfy never admits their mistakes (e.g. Farscape)
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Completely agree, Action_Burt... :'(

nvaranavage

Tremors the Series

Postby nvaranavage » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:37 pm

I have to say I actually loved the series! There was so much material from the movies that SYFY could have used!

Like for instance: Why do Ass Blasters go into a coma when they eat food? How do they lay the egg?! Why is the incubation 300 years?!
And many other questions that I would love answered!!!!!

Yes - I know! I'm a Tremors GEEK!!!!
project412

Postby project412 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:59 am

And if the show carried on, we could have gotten those answers...Our only hope now lies in whether or not Universal lets Stampede make the script that S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock wrote...

Return to “Tremors The Series”