Television Cast or Movie Cast

Talk About Tremors The Series
Overkill

Television Cast or Movie Cast

Postby Overkill » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:10 pm

As I watched the third movie I started comparing the cast of the movie and series.

Honestly I like the tv cast better. I think Lela Lee is a better Jodi. I cannot decide who plays a better Nancy though...

I prefer Tyler to Desert Jack because everyone knows Tyler is a replacement for him.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 pm

I also perfer the TV cast. I have nothing against the movie cast, I love all of them, I think its just because Ive seen the series more, so I'm more used to them.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:32 pm

I prefer the movie cast, mostly because they were first, and I am most used to them. Susan Chuang makes an excellent Jodi and Charlotte Stewart is Nancy. Tyler I'm OK with, because he's a new character, not an actor taking over for another actor. We knew already in B2P that Jack was going to leave, and Tyler is a perfect segway for viewers that have not watched the movies beforehand.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Something about Lela Lee feels more natural as Jodi then Susan. Not offense to Charlotte but from Tremors 1 to 3 I don't think she aged all that well.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Overkill wrote:Something about Lela Lee feels more natural as Jodi then Susan. Not offense to Charlotte but from Tremors 1 to 3 I don't think she aged all that well.

Jodi was never in Tremors 1. 3 was her first appearance.

rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:27 pm

He didn't say she was. ;)
Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Susan Chuang was a better Jodi but Marsha Strassman was a better Nancy simply because movie Nancy just never had anything to do. Of course Melvin is the same, different stage name but still same actor. All thats left is Mindy. While its a simple matter of fact that Ariana is perfect and could never be replaced by anybody in anything, but after Wilson & Maddock kinda ruined her character for me in Tremors 3 and utterly destroyed it in the series I'm actually very happy she was replaced. Thats not her fault since Ariana is perfect and faultless just an uncharacteristic bit of a badly written character.
To me from Tremors star Ariana Richards
responding to my wishes for her birthday (9/20/05)

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.
Action_Burt

Movie or TV?

Postby Action_Burt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:11 am

I liked Chaung better as Jodi- Ms. Lee just didn't have that cutthroat edge to her like her Uncle, Walter Chang.

I liked Marcia Strassman better as the hippy Nancy, but the original Nancy seemed less hippified and more independant. I liked that better.

Tyler is totally different from Jack. I think Jack would have been better for the series in the goofy, Grady/Sidekick way, with his crazy, laissez faire attitude and humor. Tyler on the otherhand, being a military brat and an andrenalin junkie was the perfect person to carry on the torch when Burt is gone. Mr. Gross can't keep playing the role forever, and I don't think Jack could ever have filled his shoes.

Imagine a future episode where Burt did die heroically and Tyler, now more serious and grown up, has become the next "Burt". Then playboy Jack comes back to Perfection, wanting his business back. Imagine the friction between Tyler and Jack. THAT would be interesting. Especially if Larry was still around, thinking he is now the obvious choice for tour guide.

Return to “Tremors The Series”