The Little Things

Talk About Tremors The Series
Overkill

The Little Things

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 pm

I've noticed alot of topics asking about little things in a episode of the series and thought, my not make a general thread for questions like this? It makes things look less cluttered and gives easy access to them. With each question asked and answered I will update them in this post.

To start I off I have a question:
Q: In the episode "Hit and Run" at the beginning when Twitchell is yelling a Tyler for letting a tourist get attacked by El Blanco, the worm moves under town and as usual every goes silent and turns off the machinery. However when Tyler hits a button on the remote, which I thought would turn the tv off, it does nothing. Is this some production error or did he just press mute?
A: I believe he just pressed mute. In another episode you see him press a button and you see mute actually pop up on the tv.
Last edited by Overkill on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:47 pm

I believe he just pressed mute. In another episode you see him press a button and you see mute actually pop up on the tv.
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks, I got alittle confused because it some episodes they turn off the tv instead of muting it.
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:14 pm

I now have another question:
What is the song Tyler is listenning to at the beginning of Feeding Frenzy? Is it a actual song or something made for the series?
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Been searching the web after lyrics, using the lyrics in the episode. Doesn't seem to be on the webs, could be that it was made for the series. Especially seeing how the singing is basicly done just as he swings in to the sign.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:36 am

Thank you, I'll update my post.

Now just something I noticed, in Feeding Frenzy when Tyler takes a picture of himself at the beginning of the episode he never retreives his camera. And when he is back in the car, the camera is not on the hood.
project412

Postby project412 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 am

Overkill wrote:Thank you, I'll update my post.

Now just something I noticed, in Feeding Frenzy when Tyler takes a picture of himself at the beginning of the episode he never retreives his camera. And when he is back in the car, the camera is not on the hood.

Hmm, maybe the shaking from El Blanco caused it to fall off.

And I also have a question. Whose dog is that behind Harlow and Rosalita at the beginning of Water Hazard?

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Well I'll just leave it like that, similiar to the pit scen in Army of Darkness how Ash randomly gets his boomstick back despite not having it in the pit.

I believe the dog question was answered in the FAQ. I think it was either a random sound effect or maybe a crew member's dog who's bark made it into the rushed production of the series.
project412

Postby project412 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Overkill wrote:I now have another question:
What is the song Tyler is listenning to at the beginning of Feeding Frenzy? Is it a actual song or something made for the series?

I was looking for a Tremors youtube video that I love (Couldn't find it :( ) but I clicked on the beginning of feeding frenzy and saw that it was a real song. I googled the name and artist and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN5yvIDyZrc

Edit: And I read a question in the FAQ about a dog sound, but I mean an actual dog. There is a little black dog behind Harlowe and Rosalita at the beginning of Ghost Dance.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:25 am

Iwatched Ghost Dance and now that you pointed it out I saw the dog.

A possible real answer: It was a random dog who wondered on set. May explain why that scene was'nt on tv, I've watched a yotube video o it where it was recorded on Sci-fi and that scene was not included.

Tremros universe answer: Maybe its just a harmless wild dog. He seems to wonder off before he is out of the shot, I don't think anyone's dog wonders off from them.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:42 am

Overkill wrote:Iwatched Ghost Dance and now that you pointed it out I saw the dog.

A possible real answer: It was a random dog who wondered on set. May explain why that scene was'nt on tv, I've watched a yotube video o it where it was recorded on Sci-fi and that scene was not included.

off from them.

Not really surprised it wasn't on TV, as I have watched the taped episodes about 20 times each. Why would they want to add the dog back in though? It's cute, but it doesn't really fit.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:47 am

Maybe to show besides El Blanco there is other natural wildlife in Perfection. The only others we see are domesticated, so it would be weird to have one wild animal in the whole valley.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:50 am

Overkill wrote:Maybe to show besides El Blanco there is other natural wildlife in Perfection. The only others we see are domesticated, so it would be weird to have one wild animal in the whole valley.

Well, E; Blanco is often shown to have eaten Wild Burro.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:53 am

I forgot about that while typing it. It could still serve that purpose, the valley can't be that barren.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:55 am

Overkill wrote:I forgot about that while typing it. It could still serve that purpose, the valley can't be that barren.

Definatly makes sense.

And by the way, the dog was in the TV version.
The version of the episode on youtube was heavily edited, skipping over a scene. I watched the episode on IMDb, which shows the whole episode, and the dog was there. IMDb shows the TV versions of the episodes. Strange I never noticed it, after all these years of watching it.

Return to “Tremors The Series”