A Fan Fiction

Talk About Tremors The Series
project412

Postby project412 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 pm

o_O Freaky clown story lol

I think I'll enjoy your Tremors fanfic more. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Thanks, I've considred having abit more gore in my episodes, but then it might not go with the series. Although one scene I've been trying to work out, is when Nancy could be using a weedwhacker on her garden, when the growing snakeoid pokes his head out of the dirt. Unarmed Burt rushes to the rescue. As Nancy begins to run he takes the weedwhacker and goes at the snakeoid. He does not manage to kill it, but wound it, which the creature remembers. Leading to Tyler's line "Man Burt can't you make a somewhat good impression with anything?"
project412

Postby project412 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Overkill wrote:Thanks, I've considred having abit more gore in my episodes, but then it might not go with the series. Although one scene I've been trying to work out, is when Nancy could be using a weedwhacker on her garden, when the growing snakeoid pokes his head out of the dirt. Unarmed Burt rushes to the rescue. As Nancy begins to run he takes the weedwhacker and goes at the snakeoid. He does not manage to kill it, but wound it, which the creature remembers. Leading to Tyler's line "Man Burt can't you make a somewhat good impression with anything?"

Sounds great! I can't wait for your stories!

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Ather can I, I love to write well when I write on what I want to. Having to write on Victorian culture is'nt exactly what I have in mind Mrs. English Teacher.

I often see myself dreaming far ahead of where I am in writing. I've already got three episodes planned after this, the Val, rain, and snakeoid.
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:01 am

Ama done with it! I hope you all enjoy, I don't think its very good being my first Tremors fan fic, but eh...

The peaceful town of Perfection, Nevada at the moment was just that. However the eerie quietness was shattered by the sound of a large engine turning into the town. It was none other then the power wagon.
"If we take this deal, our franchise can expand even further! Which I have calculated is atleast a 40% increase in sales!"
Jodi was trying to explain to Nancy, always wanting to get bigger. This conversation came to a sudden and happy halt when the door to the store opened.
"Burt!"
An almost unaimous shout came from the Perfectionites within the small store. Some greeted with a friendly hug, others with a handshake and smile. After the recent adventures, they were all glad Burt was back.
"Can anyone give me a sitrep on what has happen while I was gone?"
Burt said sitting down on the bar. Everyone did not know where to start, he bugs or the Vegas mobsters? Tyler then stepped up to break this silence.
"Well rya see, their were these bugs that ate wood and then people. I of course had it handled and killed 'em all."
Burt gave Tyler a questionable look, knowing in a situation like that Tyler did not "had it handled"
"Ok I had some help from Larry and this animal noise scientist."
Tyler added as Burt gave him a nod to continue, somewhat believing him now.
"Then, remember those mobsters? They came back and had me and Rosalitia captured. I really didn't do anything this time, it was mostly Larry and El Blanco, but I was an important part."
Burt chuckled alittle at Tyler for trying to make the stories more about him then what had actually happen. Burt opened a soda and took a sip, but was interrupted by the clanging of the store door against the wall.
"You have to help us! It got him!"
It was the miners, they had recently come in to bring the mine back to life now that it was no longer inhabited by a green bacterial cloud. Everyone stood up, some to question what had happen, same to try and calm them down by selling them things, and others just to see what was happening.
"It was the big worm, but he-he must be doing something because non of our write seismos went off. He just took Dave, we left him outside so he could set up the rest of the equipment and then we heard him scream! We ran outside and he was gone!"
Burt rose up and began walking out to the powerwagon about halfway through what the man was saying.
"I haven't had time to monitor El Blanco's movements, I'm going to check it out."
"And I'm comin with ya!"
As Burt and Tyler drove over, Tyler asked Burt how he had been and the usual we haven't seen you for a long time questions.
"So Burt, anything really major happen? Anything new with you?"
"Well, one of 'paramilitary paranoids' introduced me to this online-chat site. Where I...I've met this woman-"
" see got you alittle online girlfriend Burt?"
"She is not a 'online girlfriend' more a online friend."
"Sure Burt sure..."
Then conversation afterward went silently, as Burt refused to answer any more questions about his online friend. As they reached the mine, Burt parked the powerwagon near the entrance and stepped out. He instantly surveyed the ground, looking for signs if El Blanco had some up out of the dirt to claim a victim. None.
"Hey Burt! You might wanna come take a look at this!"
Tyler said crouching over a spot under a tree. As Burt walked over he noticed it too, it was some slime. As Tyler reached out his fingers to feel like Burt stopped him and took out a small sample.
"I'll bring this to Dr. Matthews. You know what I'm thinking?"
"Mixmaster?"
"Bingo."
"But what happen to that miner? Did he just disappear?"
"Your right, no tracks, no signs of a struggle, only this skin secreted liquid substance."
"Ya know you could just call it slime Burt."
The powerwagon pulled up to the lab. Burt and Tyler stepped out and almost stormed into the building.
"You guys could give me a heads up when you two are coming. What do you need this time."
Burt gave a somewhat concerned face as he handed Dr. Matthews the sample of the slime. She quickly took it and put it under a microscope. Which was then followed by more test, to Burt and Tyler it seemed like hours.
"This is definitely Mixmaster."
She announced, which brought bad news. Now there was something else in the valley killing people. Tyler spoke up to ask:
"So can you tell what it is?"
"Sadly no, since unlike the jurassic artimia where you brought me a piece of it. I've located Mixmaster in the slime, but being only slime I cannot tell you what this creature is."
"Hey Rosalitia! I'm heading into town, need to pick up some more nails. El Blanco took out some of the fencing again. You gonna be alright Rosalitia?"
Harlowe asked putting on his hat and calling for his horse. While Rosalitia did most of the work, he spent most of his time getting her to do it.
"Yeah I'll be fine. Not like El Blanco is on a feeding frenzy now, and there have been no assblaster sightings."
She said, referencing her past adventures.
"I'll stay here and get these last bales of hay to these stinking cows."
Harlowe gave a friendly smile and saddled onto the horse. The horse took off toward town with Harlowe riding him, not knowing what was ahead. Within the trees a form was lurking for prey, and it spotted it, delivering himself to it. The monster lyed in wait on a branch, carefully concealed but the leaves on it. Harlowe rode under it as its tentacles reached down and pulled him off the horse.
"Ahhh!"
He screamed before being silenced. The horse ran back as fast as it could to the ranch, knowing it was safer there.
"What was that?"
He question seemed to be answered as Harlowe's horse ran back into the ranch. She gasped at the sight, something had gotten Harlowe!
Now that another Mixmaster threat in the valley, Jodi had been alerted and already called Twitchell. Burt did'nt like him getting into the town's business, but there was nothing he could do about it.
"Burt!? Anyone!?"
Rosalitia's voice rang out from Burt's walkie talkie.
"Burt here, over."
"Burt! There is something out there! It-it got Harlowe!"
Burt and Tyler become very silent, he was a good friend, and now this was personal.
"All points come in, all points."
"You got Jodi Burt."
"Nancy here."
"Good, now I want everyone to report to shop. We need to find out what this is, hunt it down, and prevent it from killing anyone else. Burt out."
As the sun began to set the town gathered for another of Burt's semi-motivation monster killing speeches.
"So is it another graboid?"
Twitchell asked as he ate a *graboid burger and snacked on his tentacle fries.
"No."
"Shriekers?"
"No."
"Assblasters?"
"No!"
Tyler was starting to get tired of saying no, but now should'nt he know that he ment Mixmaster.
"Oh no, your kidding. Another Mixmaster right?"
Tyler simply gave a silent nod in response this time.
"This is just perfect! Another loony monster in a loony town. Can't you guys go a month without me coming down here on another of Gummer's monster hunts?"
Twitchell asked slamming his fist down on the table he was sitting at. He did'nt like this time, but he really was'nt skilled doing anything else. Then again he was'nt very skilled at keeping this town under control.
"Well my monster hunts are needed to keep this town from being overrun with killers and keep them from getting out of this valley!"
Burt replied, Twitchell always complained and it always got on Burt's nerves. He counted everyone in the store, Tyler, Nancy, Jodi, Rosalitia, Twitchell, where was Larry.
"Where is our annoying resident?"
"Oh Larry drove off to Las Vegas, the Star Trek convention is in town and he couldn't miss it."
Nancy answered Burt, and he was satisfied that he had one less annoying resident to keep safe.
"So we know it's Mixmaster, and we have two possible causalities. What is it?"
Twitchell asked finishing the last of his graboid burger and wiping his mouth clean.
"We have no idea, that is why I have already called Cletus."
"Cletus? That crazy guy you found in the desert?"
Burt nodded in response, he was a good friend to everyone in town, but just another crazy paranoid to Twitchell.
"Now until we have any idea what we are fighting, it would not be wise to try and go after it. For now return to your daily lives until further notice."
The next day things went on normal, well the Perfection version of normal. Some tourist, graboid tour, and then Jodi trying to sell everything she can to the tourist. Burt spent his time sweeping the valley, he would find it and kill it. For now it was just a matter of time till it killed another person.
As the day passed by a large Jeep drove into town, this was'nt Cletus. A large gruff man walked out of the vehicle. He seemed to be quite strong for a man of his age, but somehow looked as if he was'nt as tough as he seemed. He walked into the store and looked around.
"You need anything?"
Jodi asked hoping he would buy everything she was about to recommend.
"When does the tour start?"
"Ohhh sorry, you'll have to schedule on with a group tomorrow."
"Guess I'll be staying here tonight then."
"I've got rooms for re-"
"I'll sleep in my car."
That comment was like a knife in the side to Jodi, but she had to keep it inside her.
"We have merchandise.."
"This does look nice."
He replied, much to Jodi's happiness. The man began to browse through the merchandise, but Burt walked in followed by Cletus.
"Cletus how have you been!"
Jodi greeted him with a friendly hug, as the man continued browsing.
"Your guest, he will be gone soon correct?"
Jodi shook her head, great another one to look out for. Burt put if off for now and spoke into his walkie talkie.
"All points come in, all points. We are to gather about shop now, Cletus is here to explain to us what this is. Then we hunt it down and stop it."
As Burt put the walkie talkie down the man walked up to him.
"I'm not leaving."
"I never told you too."
"You were going to."
Burt couldn't lie he needed him out of here.
"Its not safe."
"I've got a gun in my truck, I'm perfectly fine myself."
Now this got Burt going, he didn't like him already. Those who thought they had it handled! Ha!
That night with everyone gathered in the store, the creature was already starting to home in onto them. He was a stealthily creature, waiting atop the water tower in darkness.
"So Cletus enlighten us."
"Well it looks as if, the Mixmaster has gotten once again into the labs. We were trying to build a creature for spy purposes, but it turned into a stealth fighter for the war. It would wait almost invisible in the trees and then grab its enemies with octopus tentacles. It would then seal them in a watery sack where they would be unconscious until taken out of it, unharmed. The idea did'nt go well, the octopus cold not function out of water and the idea was scraped. Looks like the Mixmaster breathed new life into it."
Tyler was the first to respond with:
"So we are fighting a tree octopus?"
Cletus nodded but with the Mixmaster in the mix,
"Yes, but now it is more deadly! No telling what the Mixmaster could have done to-"
Before he could finish the power in the store went out. They now knew the creature was on the store and beginning its attack.
"Now thats it! I am going to get my gun!"
The man shouted rushing outside the his jeep, but as he passed under the store everyone saw tentacles reach down and grab him. The monster now lowered itself to reveal its form. It appeared as large octopus, but had a beak which had grown far larger then a normal one. The man could not infight it as the monster pulled him into its jaws, and bite into his head.
Everyone in shock now turned to Burt and Tyler, looking for them to do something.
"What am I suppose to do? Set a trap?"
"Thats it Burt! We need to set a trap, bring it down to the ground and show him whats what!"
Tyler had a plan for it, but how to execute it.
"Cletus! How does this thing hunt?"
"Well it-it-is designed to hunt people, I have no idea if it knows the difference...but if we had a dummy and filled it with meat then we could possibly trick it. But there is one more fact, the creature is...bulletproof."
Everyone was shocked at his last words, how were they going to kill it now?
"Now, Jodi we are going to need some rope, sacks of something, and meat. Burt can you find away to kill it?"
"I don't know what to-"
"The neon lights!"
Nancy said to the surprise of everyone.
"Yes, if I can get the neon lights back on with the generator I gave you which obviously you did not use-"
Burt said giving Jodi a angry glare, and continuing
"We can brand it, burn it up!"
The plan was set in motion, Jodi, Rosalitia, and Tyler began gathering supplies in the dark store to make a dummy. While Nancy, Cletus and Burt searched for the generator and a way to get it working. Things seemed to be going well until a large thump was felt in the store.
"Hey Burt that thing is right on top of us!"
"Move fast! He do not have much time now!"
Minutes passed each one more tense then the last. Finally the dummy was coming together and the generator working. However Burt did not use it to light the store, but concentrate all the power in the sign. Finally as it was all coming together, everything was ready.
"You ready."
"24/7"
Was Burt's reply as he held the neon sign, carefully to keep it at the end of a broomstick. The dummy was brought outside, hung on very thin rope. The monster spotted the dummy and reached for it. As the monster grabbed it, everyone inside pulled upon the rope and brought the monster to the ground.
"Now!"
Burt yelled as he rushed outside with the neon sign weapon. He immediately hit the creature but in a unexpected turn of events, the monster jumped onto Burt, tackling him to the ground. Burt trying to keep the monster from making a snack out of his face dropped the weapon. Thinking quickly Tyler grabbed the sign and stabbed the monster with it, slowing melting through its skin and burning it. As it began to scream in pain Burt threw it off of him and took a breath of relief.
"Need a hand?"
Tyler asked helping Burt up, as they shared small victory shout.
"We did it! We killed it!"
Tyler shouted he felt god that he saved his best friend, and finally showing front of Burt that he was good with taking care of these things.
"Now lets go get Marlowe out of that sack and that other miner."
That night with everything under control, the townsfolk went to their houses. Tyler to his garage, Nancy to her home, Jodi to her room behind the store, and Burt to his bunker. However two did not sleep, but take their time online.
"And logging in now."
Online chat connected.
GunNut24 connected
Garderner79 connected
GunNut24: Hey
Gardener79: Hey
GunNut79: How has your day been?
Gardener79: I've had a long day
GunNut24: Same here
Gardener79: Oh you have no idea...
*music and credits*

*Graboid burgers and tentacle fries are two foods advertised in Jodi's store.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:40 am

I loved it! I got afraid when I thought Harlowe died! I really liked the story, and how you incorporated a few elements from the FAQ. I can't wait to read your next story!

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:50 am

Is hoping for the effect, having random people die is needed to ensure it is a threat, but when a character you know is put on the line it gets personal.

I like to study my Tremors FAQ, and expand on some of the ideas that never made it into the series cause I would have loved to see them.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:56 am

Overkill wrote:Is hoping for the effect, having random people die is needed to ensure it is a threat, but when a character you know is put on the line it gets personal.

Yeah, I understand that. I felt that way with Miguel in Tremors 3 and now harlowe (thankfully Harlowe lived though. I wasn't sure what was going to happen).

Overkill wrote:I like to study my Tremors FAQ, and expand on some of the ideas that never made it into the series cause I would have loved to see them.

I'm glad you do. You made a really great story.

rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 am

Pretty good story, especially seeing how it's your first Tremors fan fic. Good job!
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:18 am

Thanks! Now the next update will once again be next week, or maybe sooner if I can get myself to sit down and write it all at once.

I've been thinking of havig Burt ask Nancy if she still has the Rustic Man's Retreat magazine in relation to his online romance, but it seems alot of character.
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Bad news everyone, I seem to have some major computer troubles, looks like after all thses years it died.

I am on my iTouch now and it is almost impossible to post. So no fan fic, I'm sorry believe me I was loikibgg forward to writing then myself.
project412

Postby project412 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Overkill wrote:Bad news everyone, I seem to have some major computer troubles, looks like after all thses years it died.

I am on my iTouch now and it is almost impossible to post. So no fan fic, I'm sorry believe me I was loikibgg forward to writing then myself.

Aww :( Unless this is an April Fools Joke, I'm sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to reading another fanfic.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:26 pm

I wish this was an April Fools, but it is not.

I'm sad aswell as I was looking forward to writing more.
project412

Postby project412 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:13 am

Overkill wrote:I wish this was an April Fools, but it is not.

I'm sad aswell as I was looking forward to writing more.

Well, you can always start getting ideas, and writing those by hand. When you finally get a new computer/you old one fixed, you can show us the ideas and we'll help you like last time.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:58 am

Things aren't looking good for getting my comp fixed at all. Could be months before I even get to writing again.

I've decided to just give you the surprise ending now, sorry for errors any with an iTouch knows how bad this is.

As the storm passed the next day and things went back to normal. El Blanco came out from his deep burrowing and Jodi's store started to dry. The rain had washed away some dirt and Burt wanted to map out every change. However something caught his eye, this wasn't there before. He drove over in the powerwagon and found it was some sign. He took off his glasses and smiled.
"And they called me crazy."
Burt chuckled alittle to himself happy about his find. The sign read:
"Proudfoot Labs Shaping the Future Today"

Return to “Tremors The Series”