A Fan Fiction

Talk About Tremors The Series
Overkill

A Fan Fiction

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 am

Hey everyone! Its me your friendly desert dwelling Tremors fan.

Recently I've had my interest sparked in being to write a Tremors fan fic, picking up where the series left off. Now I am not new to writing stories, I've written quite a few over time. Why yes they are'nt best sellers are even worthy of books, but more me trying to get better as a writer.

Well besides that I have a few ideas, in addition to those which the Series never got to. Would anybody be interested in seeing a fan fic, and if so my ideas so far?
project412

Re: A Fan Fiction

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 am

I certainly would! Anything new Tremors, official or not, will be great to see! I would love to hear your ideas!
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 am

I would, as I told project412, there is a need for more Tremors fan stuff. I would definetly read your fan fic.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 am

I have nothing but ideas so far, and I am posting this on another site. However most people there don't have a clue about the Series and creatures beyond the first two. I've spent some time creating a database to catch people up. Anyway here are some ideas:

1. Val returns to Perfection, well is thrown back. After speading all of his money, getting involved with gangs, and divorcing his wife Vegas had enough. They threw him back to Perfection and he wanted vengeance. In order to get back, he somehow accuries graboid eggs, hatches them, and goes to kill them to regain his fame. This does'nt settle well with Burt or anyone else as the graboids once again attack the peaceful town.

2. Bruce Campell after many unsuccessful movies, secretly goes to Perfection with hopes the people will agree to let him film him saving them from El Blanco and other monsters. This does not work out when Burt, Tyler, and Brue get stranded with no weapons one on one with the great white worm.

3. A rock band wants to film a music video in Perfection with a graboid theme. Jodi thinks it is a great idea to help get more tourist, but Burt highly disagrees. Finally the band decided to film them performing the song live in town with a crowd. The sound attracts El Blanco to the town to munch on everyone there. Now it is up to Burt to try and save everyone from being graboid food. Again.

Yes I mostly only have graboid related ideas. I would love to do one with shreikers, but then attacking a random town and Perfection have already been done quite well.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:41 am

Some pretty original ideas. Personally, I like 3 the best, but I will read any of them.

And if you ever want to do one without Graboids, there are plenty of possibilities now that mixmaster is on the loose.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:44 am

I was at first trying to concentrate on the monsters first, similiar to how the series original airing was. The first being El Blanco's feeding frenzy, Shreik and Destroy, and then the assblaster in A Blast From The Past.

I would really like to write one with the "lost monster" tree octopus. Although does anyone know if there are areas in Perfection with alot of trees. I know that there are some at Roaslita's ranch and the mine in Ghost Dance, but have'nt seen that many else where.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 am

I like parts of your ideas, like Val spending all his money and get in with gangs. But don't really like the whole vendetta thing, I feel it's a bit out of character. Still, it could all fit perfectly in a story.
Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 am

Well the ideas are work in progress.

I have a new working idea, inspired by events today. A huge rainstorm traps the gang in Jodi's Market. The night starts slow, but as the rain continues and the water starts to rise they must help move all of Jodi's things. Add to the trouble Larry's new pet the Midnight Rambler and you get one crazy night.

I have an idea for a little surprise ending if you guys would like to hear it.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 am

Overkill wrote:Well the ideas are work in progress.

I have a new working idea, inspired by events today. A huge rainstorm traps the gang in Jodi's Market. The night starts slow, but as the rain continues and the water starts to rise they must help move all of Jodi's things. Add to the trouble Larry's new pet the Midnight Rambler and you get one crazy night.

I have an idea for a little surprise ending if you guys would like to hear it.

Well, don't spoil the ending, but if your going to have rain, I have one suggestion.

Graboids can't hunt in the rain because there are too many vibrations all around them so maybe El Blanco can play a small role in this story, or a large role in an upcoming one.

No matter what happens, I'm excited to read this!

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 am

I've taken that into consideration already. The heavy rain would probably overload his senses and cause him to get farther away from the town and alot deeper underground. Sorta of like in The Sounds of Silence.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:54 am

Overkill wrote:I've taken that into consideration already. The heavy rain would probably overload his senses and cause him to get farther away from the town and alot deeper underground. Sorta of like in The Sounds of Silence.

Yep, thats what I was thinking. Your story is sounding good so far! Keep it up.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 am

Although I'm going to need more action then a Rambler trashing the storywhen no one is looking and having everyone trying to keep everything dry and themsevles.

Possibly have Larry try and capture the Invisiabat, whom found himself in the cover of the store?
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 am

I just finished my database and have'nt even spell checked it yet. I was wondering if someone would be willing to read through it and give me feedback if I missed anything or if I did'nt get something right in it.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 am

I'll read through it after. What do you need me to do?

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 am

I know I'm not the most accurate Tremors fan out there. Yes I'm a huge fanatic, but I guess when it goes alittle deeper I'm abit confused at some parts.

Well here it is anyway:

Burt Gummer: Your typical anti-social-paramilitary-paranoid. A survivor of the original graboid attack on Perfection, the Mexican oil refinery incident, and the second attack on Perfection. And that only includes the movies. He lives ina underground bunker sorrounded by concrete walls to keep him safe from any graboid attack. He owns a vast arsenal of destruction, stocks of ammo, weapons, explosives, and backups for all of them aswell. Burt is a extreme survalist, with the word prepared in the dictionary defining it as his picture. Burt is the central character in the series, and grew to be the central character within the movies.

Tyler Reed: One of Perfection's newest citizens. A former NASCAR driver whom after a dangerous car accident, decided to drop out of the circuit. Knowing the success the graboid industry has become he tracked down Desert Jack and bought the tour business. He loves Perfection as it "never has a dull moment". In addition to giving graboid tours he is Burt's "partner" in monster hunting. The dynamic duo who's personalites could'nt be more different. These two are usually sent by Twitchell to kill a graboid/shreiker/assblaster or save the town from some new monster.

Jodi Chang: Neice of the late Walter Chang from the first movie. She took over Walter Chang's Market and manages the graboid industry, selling everything including shirts, hats, coffee mugs, lighters, etc. She seems to care about the store more then safety at times, asking Burt if there are nay pieces of graboids/shreikers/assblasters that she could sell or put on display. She spends most of her time in the store, with a constant stream of tourist to manage, even to the point of living in the store.

Nancy Sterngood: Another survivor of the original graboid attack on Perfection. Before the second attack she spent most of her time helping her daughter Mindy learn for she could not afford to send her to college. As capturing a live Assblaster and selling it to Sigmund and Ray in ecahnge for college funds for Mindy she has works as the prime artist for most of Jodi's merchandise. She was a former hippie of sorts and spent most of her time at concerts sneaking backstage, until she decided that life was not for her and moved to Perfection. She believes in natural harmony and spiritual votexes, to name two...

Rosalita Sanchez: A former Las Vegas showgirl who was a realtive of the late Miguel from the movies Tremors and Tremors 3: Back to Perfection. Despite inheritting the ranch, she hates cows, ranching, and just about everything in the valley. Her Vegas showgirl roots often give her a sense of "finding the bad guys", which she does quite well. She has presented herself as a love interest to Tyler, but he is still abit unsure himself.

W.D. Twitchell: A government agent in charge of keeping things in Perfection under control. Twitchell is usually dispatched to deal with whatever problem the citizens of Perfection are dealing with and afterwards file a report. He is very unhappy about all of the happens in the town and is constantly whining about it. He does however have a softer side, for his wife kids and those times he is'nt pissed off at Burt.

Cletus Poffenberger: A former scientist at a secret lab once located in Perfection. He helped develop the compound known as Mixmaster, which blends two different animals or plants DNA together. In the lab each scientist was assigned a project. His was acreature called "Project 4-12" a hybrid between a wolverine, switchback spider, and a rhino. He took the creature and ran into the wilderness. He survived for 30 years with no one but his best pal 4-12. Things changed when he ran out of food to keep 4-12's mood down, and he ran away. Unable to calm him down, Burt was forced to burn the creature to death, much to Cletus's sadness. Now he is called in to Perfection if any problems with the Mixmaster occur. He is also the cause of Burt's search for the hidden underground lab.

Larry Norvel: A over-excited tourist who loved Perfection so much, he decided to move there. Larry is just about the fat guy living in his basement, but his need for adventure and action keep him from it. The residents of Perfection see him nothing more as a nuisance, while he views them as his idols. He was a former assisstant manager at Walmart, and decided to use his "skill" to help Jodi in her shop. In short one way to describe him is in the words of Burt "He never knows when to stop starring and start shooting."

El Blanco: The Great White Graboid. El Blanco is a albino sterile graboid, in simple terms he is white and cannot change into shreikers. Seeing that graboids are an endganered species the townsfolk cannot kill him, and must either leave or live with the monster. This however has its benefits, as Melvin Plug cannot turn Perfection into the city of Melville if a endangered species is on the land. The residents have become acustom to the graboid going under the town once or twice a day. He is the main reason for Perfection being a tourist attraction, with Tyler giving graboid tours to see El Blanco(although this is not guaranteed). Many folks say the worm has got a thing for Burt, but Burt only views him as a worthy adversary. While Burt may believe this, most people see him as Captain Ahab and Moby Dick.

The Creatures

Graboid: A graboid is the most famous stage in its life cycle. The graboid in short is a gigantic worm. It has a sluggish body covered in short spikes that move it through the ground. The worm has no eyes and is completely blind. However it hunts by sound, sensing the vibrations of anything above ground and attacking them. Their mouths are made of four beaks that open up in a way similiar to a flower to reveal its open maw. From its mouth it releases "tongues" which are similiar to snakes that grab food and pull whoever or whatever it is to their doom. Graboids despite not being primiates are extremely smart, learning from mistakes and have been noted to get smarter every minute. As of 2001 they were officialy declared a endangered species.

Shreiker: The second form in a graboid's life cycle. They begin life by eating their way out of a graboid, in which their are usually three to six inside the graboid. They are estimated to be four feet high and six feet long, and are bipadel. They share a mouth similiar to that of the graboid, but only with one semi-normal tongue. Unlike the graboids they do not hunt by sound, but by using a heat seeking organ on the top of their heads. They are completely deaf, but appear to be able to taste items with their tongue to test if they are edible. The most unique feature however is that they multiple by eating. If a shrieker eats any food it appears to barf up a baby shreiker. This makes them incredibly dangerous if they find any food at all. For one shreiker could easily turn into a few hundred.

Assblaster: The third and final stage of graboid lifecycle. After the shriekers life is done, they molt like snakes and change into assblasters. Assblasters are far more dangerous due to their ability to glide. They have sail like wings on their body. They take off by mixing hot liquids within their bodies and then expelling it at high speeds through their rear end, where the name assblaster came from. They hunt using the same method as shriekers, with the same heat sensing organ on their heads. However unlike shreikers, when they eat they collapse into a sort of food coma instead of reproducing. It is known assblasters carry a graboid egg, in which they use hteir ability to glide and lay the egg. No more information is known if it continues life or dies after laying the egg.

Mixmaster Creatures

The Mixmaster is a compound created at a secret lab once located in Perfection. It is a compound that mixes the DNA of plants or animals together. As of today the Mixmaster has been successful contained only in the valley of Perfection, Neveda.

Project 4-12: Cletus's Poffenberger's prized creation, his baby boy. 4-12 was created in the Proudfoot labs that were once in Perfection. As a pup Cletus snuck him out as they were going to blow up the lab. He has lived alone with Cletus for 30 years, and after a small incident broke free. He is a hybrid of a switchback spider, rhino, and wolverine. The monster stomred through Perfection killing animals, and a biker stopping by. As our heroes tried to kill the beast they found Cletus had given it X-ray vision aswell, and a glan that secrets a horrific smell. The smell, so bad that even after being eaten by El Blanco he was thrown up alive. He chased the gang of Burt, Tyler, Cletus, and Harlowe into a abdoned garage. He was finally killed once Burt made a make-shift flamethrower and burned him alive.

Bacterial Cloud: A giantic green cloud made of bacteria. On its first sightings by cave miners and Rosalita it seemed to be a ghost. However when Burt, Tyler, and Twitchtell invesitgated, they found it was a product of the Mixmaster. It was a bacteria cloud that lived on water, killing humans by sucking them dry. As the monster moved out of the mine and towards the water tower in town, the Perfectionites quickly fashioned a sort of "vacuum" to suck the creature in a air tight container. The creature has been taken by the US government for research.

Planimal: A mixmaster creature that blended animal and plant DNA. The roots of this plant were flesh like and spewed acid at anyone to come close to it. The plant roots seemed to grow fast and cover a large area of Perfection. It was then discovered that they were all connected to a large main plant. Then they began to grow large bulbs from the roots and pollinate. In order to stop the plants from spreading, Tyler poisoned the main plant killing all connected to it. Except for you, which as it was shooting its seeds, Larry dove over it with his jacket, blocking it from reaching the air. All known specimens of this flora or fauna are dead.

Tercadi: A mix of termites, cacida, and maggots. These little insects create a ear splitting noise when they spot food, these noises which cause even El Blanco's sound sensory to go outta wack. At first they start out only eating wood from Rosalita's fence and then her shed, with her in it. However their maggot side begins to show when they attack a herd of cows and pick them clean of meat. Two road construction workers fell to the bugs aswell. As they began their invasion of Perfection Tyler, Larry, and a scientist who has alot in common with Burt lure the bugs away with mating calls and trick them into walking into oil. Tyler throws a lighter into it and burns all of the bugs. They were no survivors.

Killer Shrimp: Things we already going wrong for Melvin, he could'nt buy out Perfection and his special dancing waters fountain was'nt working. Little did he know that a giantic killer shrimp was in his golf water hazard. The shrimp was a prehistoric breed brought back thanks to the Mixmaster. This beast only claimed three lives of a whiny worker and two police officers. As it escaped the water hazard and tried to make his way to the open water through an aqueduct, Tyler, Twitchell, and Rosalita froze it in the water and had it flown off for government study.

Also, does anyone know the answer to my other question? Not trying to be rude, but are there any medium or large forest like areas in Perfection?
Last edited by Overkill on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tremors The Series”