Got My Copy

Talk About Tremors The Series
Overkill

Got My Copy

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 am

Well other people seem to make these topics so I followed.

I bought mine Friday, due to not knowing it was out until that week and being sick. But that is besides the point.

I went off to the closet store I knew that sold seasons of tv series on DVD, Walmart. I looked through the TV on DVD section, to find nothing. I looked through the empty slots to see if those had held the prized set. Nothing. I gave it one last look and was walking away, when finally Isaw it under the New Releases. I almost did a victory shout but reminded myself I was in a public place and tried to calmly buy it.

As I got home I quickly but careful opened the plastic seal. I am the type of person who likes to keep his DVD cases in the best condition possible, and this one despite having some randomg critter on it, looked very cool. I slid the case out of the protective sleeve and opened it. The disc looked great and I also like the inside of the case, guess I'm just that kind of person.

Finally I was able to put it into my DVD player, grab a bag of my favorite Cheetos Hot Fries and enjoy the series I have waited 7 years for.

I've only owned it for three days and have watched it everyday, can't stop watching them, brings back too many good memories.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:32 am

Congrats! :D
I still have not had the time to watch mine, really envy you.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 am

Things bring back so many memories, well the ones I remember.

I am currently only 14 years of age, but got intothe Tremors movies when I was about 5 or so. Watched the first one because my parents loved it, and slowly found the others. When I heard there was gonna be a series, I could'nt wait.

True I don't remember alot of the episodes, the only ones I sorta of remember were Ghost Dance, Project 4-12, Night of the Shriekers, and the end of Graboid Rights. So it was great seeing them all recently for my memory.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:59 am

Nice to see a fan that's actually younger than me (18y).
I'm Norwegian, so I discovered Tremors through Tremors 2 in the local video rental. Named "Marksommer 2: Etterskjelv" (Worm Summer 2: Aftershocks) it sounded corny enough for me to rent, guess I was between 9 and 11 years old. Later on I found Tremors 3 and 4, but I did not find the first one till I bought two double-packs back in '04-'05. Of course they all were awesome, the series I never even heard off till I happened to catch a glimpse of it at 3 am a Friday night on a cabel channel. Huge demographics! :P
Was lucky enouogh to find a torrent for the series, and I've only watched it twice (before I had an iPod). Now they will be watched a lot.
Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:06 am

I got a few episodes on my iPod recently, but then the series was out on DVD so I just waited. And it was worth it.

Anyways I'm just glad to see someone online, this site seems pretty empty, wish the Tremors fanbase was larger and more active online.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 am

Yeah I know, I browse by every day, and has my iPhone set up so that it beeps every time someone posts in a thread I'm active in. Seems others just swings by now and then.
Last couple of weeks it has bascily been me and project412 that's been active.
Proud owner of:

project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 am

rawen100 wrote:Yeah I know, I browse by every day, and has my iPhone set up so that it beeps every time someone posts in a thread I'm active in. Seems others just swings by now and then.
Last couple of weeks it has bascily been me and project412 that's been active.

Yep, I'm always active on here and Tremors Underground. Also the new Proud Foot site that I made, if any of you saw that.

I have to watch The Key today, and I'll be done with the series on DVD! I can't wait. I love this show sooooooo much!
Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:21 am

Well I guess I'll join this party of two then.

I'm on my third viewing of it now, I can't get enough of it. The one thing that I love is the charm of Perfection. I cannot get over how they made the residents so lovable and the town look so real.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:22 am

Overkill wrote:Well I guess I'll join this party of two then.

I'm on my third viewing of it now, I can't get enough of it. The one thing that I love is the charm of Perfection. I cannot get over how they made the residents so lovable and the town look so real.

Same. The monsters are great and make the series, the the characters are really what get to me.

rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:25 am

If there's one thing I don't like about the Series it's the fact that Universal wouldn't film it in 16:9, I've never understood why.
But the characters are wickedly awesome, the Series are in my top 15, and only reason they are so low is that it was cancelled before it's time and Sci-Fi's cuts.
Proud owner of:

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:28 am

I'm not big on knowing all that tv format stuff, but if that is the reason why in some shots the characters do look alittle blurry. One I always see is in Shriek and Destroy when Tyler runs to that little shack where the shreikers follow to the town. His face gets blurred out on my HDTV.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:29 am

rawen100 wrote:If there's one thing I don't like about the Series it's the fact that Universal wouldn't film it in 16:9, I've never understood why.
But the characters are wickedly awesome, the Series are in my top 15, and only reason they are so low is that it was cancelled before it's time and Sci-Fi's cuts.

Agreed. Stampede had so many things planned out that I would have loved to see, specifically the Midnight Rambler and Burt finding the Lab (if he was ever intended to).

rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:31 am

I know, I love looking at those sketches.
Btw, congrats on joing the exclusive 100 posts club. :)
Proud owner of:

project412

Postby project412 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 am

rawen100 wrote:I know, I love looking at those sketches.
Btw, congrats on joing the exclusive 100 posts club. :)

Wow, I didn't even notice the 100+ posts. Thanks!

Those pics were awesome. I would have loved to see that thing in action.

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 am

I always imagined it as Larry's pet that is cute and cuddly during the day, but at night he turns bad and goes to tear up Jodi's store. Nobody can figure out what is doing this, but Burt thinks it has something to do with the Rambler. Everyone quickly discards it but Burt never had a good feeling about it.

I can't really see how it would fill an entire episode though.

Return to “Tremors The Series”