Unboxing!!!

Talk About Tremors The Series
Action_Burt

Unboxing!!!

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am

Okay, ran out at lunch and got my set...

TREMORS: The Complete Series Review:

Box: The box art is... well... lame. The cover picture is a poor photoshopping job where they’ve taken the tour truck and pasted in Jody, Rosalita, Burt and Tyler. I could do WAY better.

Even stranger, it’s a CLEAR DVD box, and the sleeve in the box has printing on both sides, telling you the episodes on each of the three disks. Yes, they are in PRODUCTION order, not aired order.

The DVDs themsevles are ORANGE. Great touch- very Perfectiony.

But what about that production order...?

Well, I went straight to Disk 2, episode 5/“Project 4-12" to see if they fixed Scifi’s lame editing of the episode that turned it into a flashback...

Oh, great, we get an animated Universal logo and FBI warning, but the menu itself is a static shot. Like home-made disks might have...

And no... they left Scifi’s hack job in place- the episode starting with Larry (who wasn’t introduced until later in the series) coming up to Tyler, etc. etc. Crap.

Worse, the picture quality was awfully bright on my PC monitor. Maybe it will look better on my TV at home...

Sigh. At least we have the series.
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Any bonus material?
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
project412

Postby project412 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Shrieker_Fan wrote:Any bonus material?

No, no bonus features, But the simple fact that we have the series on DVD...AWESOME!
Action_Burt

watching it now

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Dang- I was really hoping for the burt gummer monster hunter video to be an extra!

Video quality is really good though- I can read the grocery labels in the background in jodi's store
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I guess. But that is still a dissapointment. The least they could have done was put that 5 minute making of feature that a few managed to get a hold of years ago. I have it on CD around here somewhere. I may pick the DVD set. We'll see, lol. Just glad to hear it's out.
project412

Postby project412 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Shrieker_Fan wrote:I guess. But that is still a dissapointment. The least they could have done was put that 5 minute making of feature that a few managed to get a hold of years ago. I have it on CD around here somewhere. I may pick the DVD set. We'll see, lol. Just glad to hear it's out.

It is definatly worth a pick up.

Maybe if this set makes enough money, The Thunder From Down Under will be made.

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 am

Shrieker_Fan wrote:I guess. But that is still a dissapointment. The least they could have done was put that 5 minute making of feature that a few managed to get a hold of years ago. I have it on CD around here somewhere. I may pick the DVD set. We'll see, lol. Just glad to hear it's out.

Why wouldn't you get this set?
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
project412

Postby project412 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:37 am

Earl_Bassett wrote:

Why wouldn't you get this set?

It really is a nice set. if your a Tremors fan, how can you pass up a set you've been waiting seven years for???

Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Project 412, you asked a very important question, my friend. As a HUGE Tremors fan, I should have had the boxet days ago. I might pick it up still, but it's on the back burner. Really, I should let go of some Tremors props now that the series is out. Graboid hat, anyone? lol
Spottedfeather

Postby Spottedfeather » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:10 pm

What is the correct order to watch the Tremors series episodes ?
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
project412

Postby project412 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Spottedfeather wrote:What is the correct order to watch the Tremors series episodes ?

The order that they are on the DVD is the correct order.

Return to “Tremors The Series”