Burt's gun collection circa the end of The Series

Talk About Tremors The Series
Mitsukara

Burt's gun collection circa the end of The Series

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:37 pm

Okay, I'm pretty sure I saw someone mention this before, but I can't remember what the list contained. There's a partial list of what Burt's got at the beginning of the series in the FAQ:
He's not been able to replace his entire gun collection; and is having to make do with some older semi-autos, one Mauser style bolt action, a Desert Eagle handgun, and one shotgun. Poor Burt! However, he was able to replace the destroyed Grizzly Big Boar single shot .50 cal with something even more impressive.

However, this list isn't entire specific, and Burt seems to pick up a few guns during the course of the series. Can anyone list what Burt had by Series' end? I know a few of the pieces, but not all:

Barrett .50 Semiautomatic Sniper Rifle ("Betsy")
Desert Eagle .50 handgun (had one in Tremors 3, still had it here, carried it in his holster frequently, etc.)
Standard M-16 (seems to have gotten this in Episode #2/AO #13, Shriek and Destroy; it's seen again in the later-filmed Night of the Shriekers. I think it was Action_Burt who theorized that Burt was able to keep the guns from this episode)
AK47 w/ sawed off (or possibly folding) stock (also from Shriek and Destroy)

Guns I don't know the names of:

The long pistol used in Project 4-12
Burt's rifle from early scenes in Night of the Shriekers
Some sort of "12 gauge pump" used by Rosalita in Night of the Shriekers- might be more of a name for the specific gun, I'm not sure
Other items on Burt's wall; the ones the list mentions, and I think a couple handguns were there

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Action_Burt

Re: Burt's gun collection circa the end of The Series

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:08 am

So we were told that Burt would have:
having to make do with some older semi-autos
one Mauser style bolt action
a Desert Eagle handgun
and one shotgun

I don't remember ever seeing the bolt action Mauser. That would be a good long range rifle for Shriekers.

>Can anyone list what Burt had by Series' end? I know a few of the pieces, but not all:

Barrett .50 Semiautomatic Sniper Rifle ("Betsy")
Actually, Betsy is a M82(A?) BArrett antiVEHICLE weapon; it's meant to stop vehicles, but can be used for snipering.

Desert Eagle .50 handgun (had one in Tremors 3, still had it here, carried it in his holster frequently, etc.)

Standard M-16 (seems to have gotten this in Episode #2/AO #13, Shriek and Destroy; it's seen again in the later-filmed Night of the Shriekers. I think it was Action_Burt who theorized that Burt was able to keep the guns from this episode)

Well... is it a "standard" M-16? We know it's not an M16A2, as it was firing full auto in Episodes 2 and 7. If it has a foreward assist, then it's an A1, if not it's an older M16 with newer style front grips. However, since Burt was going to be supplied any weapon he wanted for episode 2/Shriek and destroy, it's possible this is a newer M4A1 full auto version.

AK47 w/ sawed off (or possibly folding) stock (also from Shriek and Destroy)
Similarly, I'll bet the AK was payment for the Shriek and Destroy mission
Guns I don't know the names of:

The long pistol used in Project 4-12
Could be a lot of things. I emailed Stampede and they weren't sure. Might be a Dan Wesson Supermag or a Ruger. I thought we once ID'd this on the boards in a spirited conversation, but maybe that got lost in the crash a couple of years ago.

Burt's rifle from early scenes in Night of the Shriekers
That's an HKG3/HK91 type rifle- there are so many variants I'm not sure. And it could be 5.56mm or 7.62 mm. Since it's Burt we're talkign about, I hope it's the 7.62, as that would be a better cartridge to hunt Shriekers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_G3

Some sort of "12 gauge pump" used by Rosalita in Night of the Shriekers- might be more of a name for the specific gun, I'm not sure
12 Gauge shotguns are not my specialty. It could be a Remington or one of many other brands.

And let's not forget Burt's H&H .375 Mag rifle; he uses that frequently in the series.

And then there's Burt's flare gun he keeps in the Power Wagon
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:48 pm

Action_Burt listed them great so I figured I would post the ones I know the names of.

Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber rifle
.50 AE Desert Eagle
HK91
M16A2
Ak-47
Remington 12. gauge pump
S&W .44 Magnum (Project 4-12)
.357 H&H Mag
Concussion grenades
Flare gun
"When You Need It and Don't Have It You Sing A Different Tune"

"Doing What I Can With What I've Got"
Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:53 pm

i noticed in "night of the shriekers" and a "little paranoia among friends" (best episode for up to date inventroy on burt's guns) he had 1 or 2 M-4's, an m-16, a .22 cal pistol, the DEagle, a russian shotgun, a .75 H&H mag sniper rifle, 2 .12 guage pumps....there's no other name for it....a .12 guage is a .12 guage lol
he had a couple of different handguns including 1 or 2 glock 17's or the other coulda been 20. he also had a .45. he had several revolvers, an mp-5 SMG, and he's got his Berret .50 caliber sniper rifle :)

Return to “Tremors The Series”