A Mix Master creature we were never told about!

Talk About Tremors The Series
Shrieker_Fan

A Mix Master creature we were never told about!

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sun May 07, 2006 8:22 am

I was doing a search on google a couple of weeks ago and I came upon something that caught my eye instantly. I found Karry Gammill's (Did drawlings for the series) site. On it he had some sample pieces from the series! One of them was 4-12. The others were unlike anything I've seen before.

When I looked at the creatures I knew they were Mix Master but I've never heard of them before. On the Drawlings there was a title called "Midnight Rambler" along with option 1-3! I was curious to find out more about it so I contacted Mr. Gammill and within hours I was lucky enough to get a reply! Heres what it said:

"Thanks for the nice comments. As you guessed, the "Midnight Rambler"
art was for a TREMORS TV episode that was never made. Probably would
have been too expensive. It was about a creature who looked cute cuddly
most of the time but was really a dangerous carnivore. I don't know
anything about its origin. I just went by some notes I was given on
what he should be like."

Kerry

The drawlings are spectacular! Option 3 is my favorite. Heres the drawlings.

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/mo ... idram1.jpg

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/mo ... idram2.jpg

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/mo ... idram3.jpg

And heres 4-12
http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/mo ... -12col.jpg

I'd like to thank Karry for all his help. You can visit his site by clicking on the link: http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/mo ... index.html

Its a shame Midnight Rambler never got made, I bet it would have been a great episode. S.S. Wilson or Webmaster if your reading this, do you have any info on Midnight Rambler you could tell us?
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun May 07, 2006 9:59 pm

Why do I get the feeling this all starts when Larry finds a new pet?

CoughMovie6Cough
Action_Burt

Unmade Episodes

Postby Action_Burt » Mon May 08, 2006 4:55 pm

This is just more info to make me believe there were more episodes written. Or at least notes written out for them. I sure would love to see those notes or read any unmade scripts.
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 pm

Porbbaly plans for seaosn 2 before we got screwed over. Does Melvin work for Sci Fi Channel by any chance?
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:46 pm

Ather that would be a great idea, if that episode was made it should be Larry who finds it! knowing him he would want it as a pet until it gets pissed or until Burt calls hunting season on it :wink: . I'd too like to see the script if anything was written.
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:43 pm

Tremors: The Series ran 13 episodes. Scifi channel makes their other shows, such as the two Stargate series and Galactica, in half-seasons averaging 10-11 episodes. Many shows, such as Star Trek: The Next Generation aim for 26 episodes a season.

Therefore, I've always gone on the assumption that Tremors got a half season. Scifi showed it out of order, forced edits to account for the new order (namely Project 4-12... but Ghost Dance coming earlier still made very little sense, they jump in with the townspeople in the know about Cleatus/the lab, leaving the first-view audience to scratch their heads), split the episodes up by several months for no real reason at all, changed timeslots a couple times... underadvertised... took the site down some time after the show was canceled when they still have sites up for other movies... did nothing to try to stop anybody from thinking Tremors was meant to be some kind of "replacement" for Farscape...

Tremors was sabotaged in every way imaginable short of cancelling it at the pilot, or preventing it from being produced. The Scifi channel is Melvin, more or less :wink:

Now, rant over, I have to say these are very cool sketches, and an awesome thing to find! I've always loved the mixmaster storyline because it opens up so many possibilities- a huge can of worms, if you will- so seeing another conceptual monster for it is very cool. He sort of reminds me of "gremlins," especially option #1 ^.^
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:23 pm

did nothing to try to stop anybody from thinking Tremors was meant to be some kind of "replacement" for Farscape...

Sad part is. if they bothered to watch the Nov/dec comemriclas, they'd have seen it planned to make Fri's a Trifecta with Tremors bringin up the rear to Farscape & star gate, maiing claims Farscape was sacrificed for Tremors the impossiblity that it was. The sadder part is, these peopel actually thought if they got Tremors cancelled (it already was, right from the start), Sci Fi would have no chocie but to bring back Farscape.
project412

Postby project412 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Ather wrote:Why do I get the feeling this all starts when Larry finds a new pet?

CoughMovie6Cough

lol. That would be a great episode!

I miss this show even more now, even though I've been watching it the past few nights.

BTW This is my first post. I just joined this site and am a member of Tremors Underground using the same name.
Gummer

Postby Gummer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:50 pm

What is Thunder from down under?
project412

Postby project412 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Gummer wrote:What is Thunder from down under?

The Thunder From Down Under is the supposed name for Trmeors 5, if it ever comes out.

Return to “Tremors The Series”