Tremors 2 mistake???

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:53 am

Hmm, interesting. The only mistake that I caught (and it really bugged me too) was when Earl asks for Burt's gloves when he's going to be sprayed with the exstinguisher. He had them on 2 seconds later!
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Action_Burt

Tremors 2 Mistake: Michael's Medallion

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:27 pm

The most obvious mistake in T2 revolves around the mystery pendant Michael Gross wears when he first arrives in Mexico.

During the scene where Burt, Earl and Grady are talking at the rear of Burt's borrowed Deuce, the view shifts back and forth from wide shots to close ups of Michael Gross.

On the close ups, you can see that Gross is wearing some kind of pendant on a chain, but it is tucked into his t-shirt.

On the wide angle shots, the pendant is untucked, and appears to be a small, round, silver-colored metal pendant.

We argued, I mean discussed this one over a year ago, as several of us tried to figure out what the pendant was. Top two choices were:

St. Christopher's Medal
WWI style dog tags

The reason for the mistake is simple, the scene was filmed all the way through in wide angle, then they went back and filmed close ups again, with Mr. Gross repeating his lines. Unfortunately, at some point he untucked the pendant and didn't realize it... or was there a deep conspiracy to hide the true nature of the pendant- to tease us direct-to-video viewers with it, yet keep it's identity out of reach....
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:54 am

Not sure about that, but I just remembered another one (it's an old mistake I think). When Grady and Earl are being tugged by the graboid with the chain in it's mouth through the field, you can clearly see the truck tracks near the cliff where they probably did stunt tests.
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
tremorsmovies

Postby tremorsmovies » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:55 am

The mistake where Grady says something else (instead of 'it's drooling') is really cool! I'd never noticed that before, but it is definetly hard to tell what the original line was because you say the drooling line in your head automatically. Very frustrating! I'd noticed the Shrieker/man thing before, but decided not to think anything of it due to the fact that it is indeed so hard to tell what it is. I personally think it is a Shrieker puppet. The position is great for a Shrieker puppeteer just to bung in another Shrieker on screen, as low budget ideas (or 'bulldozer technology') like this are a distinct feature of the Tremors movies. I vote Shrieker puppet!

Tom

Return to “The Tremors Movies”