Tremors Box Set??

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Jazs88

Tremors Box Set??

Postby Jazs88 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:59 am

Hey,does anyone know where you can buy a box set of all the Tremors movies on video or DVD?I found one Australian site that offers one,but the shipping and handling is outrageous!So,I'm looking for one in the US.Any ideas?
stampede

RE: Tremors Boxed Set

Postby stampede » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:43 am

I have gone to every site I know and only saw them on sale individually. I live in NYC-good place to buy is J&R Record World-I get most of myDVDs there, but if not www.deepdiscountdvd.com is selling them with free shipping. Hope this helps.
Jazs88

Postby Jazs88 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:40 am

Thanks for the info.I don't understand why Australia has a box set and we don't.Oh well,I'll keep looking!
ColonelKurtz

Postby ColonelKurtz » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:44 pm

I haven't seen the Australian box, but I did have a look at the "Tremors Legacy" boxset in a store a while ago:

It looks better in the photo, it's actually pretty lousy and cheap-looking in reality. I'm not buying it, since first of all, it's pricey, and second, I only like the first two films... the followups all have only a varying degree of badness.
Jazs88

Postby Jazs88 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:43 pm

Thanks for the info ColonelKurtz. :)
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:25 am

Um, excuse me, but... that picture looks kinda fake. The teeth don't match up to the edges, the case is poorly centered, and the text all looks ever so slightly like it was edited in. The box itself looks completely home-drawn, with very straight lines that never occur when you take a real picture (there are no right angles in nature!), and the text has shading that does not match up to the box. On the edges it was most likely flipped to fit, and "The Legacy" text was home-written in some sort of font, then the picture was saved as a JPEG to add extra blurriness to make it look more realistic. There's some reasonably elegant red shading on the crevices and side of the box, however, which might be from the original picture itself, or just edited in with some sort of photo-editing program.

But, if it were a fake... where did the plastic graboid tentacle head come from? That part actually looks real...

I apologize if I'm being rude, I don't mean to accuse you, but the picture just doesn't look... right. it looks like a fancy piece of superimposure. Where did you find this picture?? You said you saw one in a store... if that's the case, how much like the picture did it actually look?

It would be my guess that if such a thing really does exist, it's pirated- Stampede's website would say something if an official boxed set were being released...

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, just stating my thoughts/observations...
Action_Burt

Postby Action_Burt » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:05 pm

Mitsukara wrote:Um, excuse me, but... that picture looks kinda fake.

Hey, it does look kind of fake...

However, I first saw this when the Stampede Webmaster provided me a link to Amazon.com in germany.

It's a real product allright. And it makes sense, Universal is hot to release all their monsters, classic and modern in boxed sets. I wonder if there is going to be a cool Jaws and JPark set as well.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:45 pm

Oh.... nevermind then ^.^

Perhaps they whipped up a partially fake picture for promotion (on the box part, at least), before any of the boxes were actually put into production?

Well, I'm afraid I can't really afford to buy a second set of Tremors movie DVDs- it'd be awesome, but considering I already have three out of four of them, it wouldn't be very practical. If I see it cheap some day, I might grab it, or if I ever have enough money to spare/want to buy copies for somebody else.

Now a box set of the series, I would jump on...
ColonelKurtz

Postby ColonelKurtz » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:34 am

^ :D

That reminded me of the ridiculous "This is fake" diatribes written on websites when a picture of a buggy from a supposedly leaked build of Half-Life II was widely published. A lot of "experts" would run in then to point out how crudely fake the buggy looked, how the perspective was wrong, how the shadows would really be 5 mm to the right or where you could see the traces of pasting, color-filling, blah-blah, etc., etc.

Then, a week later, the leaked Half-Life II hit the web and everyone who saw it also saw that very same "obviously fake" buggy in it, from any angle that they desired.
tremorsmovies

Postby tremorsmovies » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:37 am

Well, I'm afraid I can't really afford to buy a second set of Tremors movie DVDs- it'd be awesome, but considering I already have three out of four of them, it wouldn't be very practical. If I see it cheap some day, I might grab it, or if I ever have enough money to spare/want to buy copies for somebody else.

Another point to consider is this... Universal are most probably just re-packaging the DVD's to boost their profits. They'll be doing it to try and get more people to buy the movies. Though of course this could indeed lead to them green-lighting Tremors 5, due to increase in sales. That has to be a very positive point, as I'm sure we all want to see a T5.

But if you buy this boxset, and then Tremors 5 gets the green-light, wouldn't you be slightly miffed the next time they cash in with a boxset of all 5? I know I would!

So it's a vicious circle. On one hand I want to buy it to support the franchise, and hopefully tempt Universal to ok Tremors 5, but on the other hand, I don't want it to be instantly out dated as soon as the next boxset is released. Look at what they did (or are doing/still doing) to Lord Of The Rings for example. It's like this:

1. LOTR - The Fellowship Of The Ring DVD is released.
2. LOTR - The Fellowship Of The Ring Special Edition Extended DVD is released.
3. LOTR - The Two Towers DVD is released.
4. LOTR - The Two Towers Special Edition Extended DVD is released.
5. LOTR - The Fellowship and The Two Towers Special Edition Box set is released.
6. LOTR - The Return Of The King DVD is released.
7. LOTR - The Return Of The King Special Edition Extended DVD is released.
8. LOTR - Standard Trilogy Boxset will be released.
9. LOTR - Special Edition Trilogy DVD boxset will be released.

And I'm sure there have been and will be many more variations along the way and still to come! Surely this is a fans/collectors hell! Talk about cashing in! It seems to be the way that all movies are going. 'You saw the original... now see the super special edition collectors set!" It's just a simple way for them to sell the same movie more than once. I'm all up for a nice boxset, but please, just give us when all the movies are made!

Tom
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:36 pm

Reminds me of the 5 different editions of Terminator 2.
tremorsmovies

Postby tremorsmovies » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:18 am

Exactly! Its happened to so many different movie franchises. The other way to look at it of course is that Universal have absolutely no intention of making Tremors 5, and so are releasing the 'final boxset' of the Tremors chain. But I'm sure this is not the case! If Tremors 4 sells enough copies, they'll be back with money for the Stampede guys to make a fifth! So if anyone out there doesn't yet own the movie on DVD/VHS, make sure you contribute to the sales figures that Universal are looking for!

Tom :D
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:30 pm

I would buy a box set that contained all the movies plus a plethora of special features for them.
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:02 am

I'm happy to tell you something...

I saw the same picture of that Box-set at an auction here in Sweden and was planning to bid on it, but then I saw your posts here thinking it may not look as good, so I mailed the seller and asked for a picture and it really DO look as good!!
But since I'm new here and not familiar with forums, I'm sad to say that I don't know how to add the pic I got from him here so that you could see it for yourselves...anyways, hope this has been a bit of help for some of you!
By the way, I'm definitely going to win that auction, it ends later tonight...

Take care everyone!!

/Earl[/url]
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Action_Burt

When do you get it?

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:03 am

I want to know if it has extras we don't have here in the U.S.!

If it does, I might buy it then make some region-free copies so I could watch it other than at my computer (Yes, I have a DVD burner finally and have gone crazy with backups- no more will my child destroy her expensive Disney movies; now I can make backups that she can scratch, bend, or break as much as she wants, as Dad will keep the originals safely locked away!)

Return to “The Tremors Movies”