Uber Nitpicking

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Action_Burt

Uber Nitpicking

Postby Action_Burt » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:42 pm

Okay, here's a fun game. Let's REALLY nitpick!!

FOr example, in watching T3 again, I found some problems with lighting...

When Burt and Miguel mount up in the morning to head out of town and fight the graboids, but are stopped by arriving feds...

Notice that they are driving southbound, out of Perfection. That means they are facing south, yet the shadows are to the left, or east. If the sun is rising, because it's morning, the shadows would have to be to the right.

And, what about that semi? Why do we not see it again? What was it for? A command post?
Action_Burt

More UBER 'picking

Postby Action_Burt » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:45 pm

When Burt and Miguel and Jack are talking to the feds in the road...

The camera position on Burt is, using the officially-accepted Stampede compass orientation, looking west. We shoudl see Burt's home in the foothills to the west- as you could in Tremors. But it's not there.

And what about those gas pumps next to Nancy's house, across from Chang's... Where are they now? What happened to them in the series?
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:54 pm

No, that's just the gov spying on hm. They want his silver.
Shadoe

Postby Shadoe » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:37 pm

And, what about that semi? Why do we not see it again? What was it for? A command post?

The semi was a flatbed. It would obviously be used to transport the captured graboid.

The camera position on Burt is, using the officially-accepted Stampede compass orientation, looking west. We shoudl see Burt's home in the foothills to the west- as you could in Tremors. But it's not there.

I think the hills moved. They keep doing that. It's so annoying...

And what about those gas pumps next to Nancy's house, across from Chang's... Where are they now? What happened to them in the series?

Just watched T3 again. (Yes, it was a horrible imposition. ;) ) Didn't see any gas pumps next to Nancy's house. Saw a gas pump next to Chang's, which is still there in the series. Which scene had the ones next to Nancy's?
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:41 pm

I think the hills moved. They keep doing that. It's so annoying...

Ain't you no never heard of "rolling hills"?
Shadoe

Postby Shadoe » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:53 pm

Ather wrote:Ain't you no never heard of "rolling hills"?

That's it! You're absolutely right! :)
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:16 am

I have found a huge error in the scene where Burt throws his bomb into the box canyon at the metamorphosing shriekers. If you listen closely, you can tell that the sound has noticeably went down in volume, especially when jack says, "You vaporized em'." I've only heard it on the VHS edition though, don't know about DVD or TV.
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]

Return to “The Tremors Movies”