Found this item on Ebay this morning...

Talk About The Tremors Movies
AtlantaMike

Found this item on Ebay this morning...

Postby AtlantaMike » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:31 am

Anybody know if these are legit or not? The seller seems to only want to go with "buy it now" too. I don't recall there ever having been Tremors II t-shirts available before. Here's a link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 96586&rd=1

Maybe somebody could tell me if this is a rip-off item or not.

AtlantaMike
Fish aren't pets, they're self-propelled decorations.
Shadoe

Postby Shadoe » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:31 pm

I doubt these are authentic, licensed items. Especially with the funny-looking blocked out area. The picture doesn't show an actual t-shirt, just a mock-up of one. The seller has a bunch of t-shirts for sale too, by the way.
AtlantaMike

Postby AtlantaMike » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:02 pm

I also noticed, in the same e-bay search under "Tremors" that a whole pile of clothing that claims to be "unused costume department clothing for the Tremors TV Series" is available. I gotta wonder if this is legit too.

I definitely think that perhaps the guys from Stampede oughtta look into these e-bay items. Especially the "unused wardrobe" stuff. Usually, if there is anything like that, they tell us all here so we know it's going up for sale, so it has my suspicions aroused.
Fish aren't pets, they're self-propelled decorations.
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:59 pm

The item in question was taken from the T2 wallpaper on our site and needless to say is completely unauthorized. I reported this abuse to eBay several months ago and they obviously didn't do anything about it. I should probably try again just to document the effort.
Last edited by webmaster on Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadoe

Postby Shadoe » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:35 pm

I suspected it was something like that. It didn't look like a licensed image.

For the clothes... This same person has been selling supposedly unused wardrobe items from the series for several months now. I know the guy who was selling the used items - as well as a lot of unused wardrobe - for Protean, and he didn't know who that was. If they're authentic or not is questionable but not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Though why anyone would want to buy the stuff specifically because it's from the series if it was never used....
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:42 pm

Usually wardrobe and such comes with a COA for proof.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”