Tremors Ripoff Ep Of Sliders

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Ather

Tremors Ripoff Ep Of Sliders

Postby Ather » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:31 pm

Anyone wtahc the Sldiers Tv series, particuallry the Tremors ep? Thatwas when the Sliders find this sesomologist and ehr assitant, studying straneg undreground tremors. Thye end up in a strange village, where these giant underground worms pop up, grab, and eat people, then poop thme out. Naturally, the villagers eat the Graboid Poopies. Which gives them youth and immortality, a slong as thye keep eating it. and why not? You just watch your friend/fmaily get eaten and poopied out by a Graboid, how can you not go and eat the Poopies? Obviously only something wonderful can come from that.
GreenStripe

Not Tremors...Island

Postby GreenStripe » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:03 am

First of all the preservative that the creature excretes is not poop, it's just a natural substance that prolongs its own longevity. When the villagers discover its properties they keep it a secret so that they could keep their youth. It's a moral dilemma. They sacrifice their humanity for eternal youth. They allow the creature to live and continue to take lives so that they could prolong theirs. They prayed mostly on passers by, sacrificing them to minimize the deaths in town. When it grabbed the Prof. it didn't poop him out, the creature regurgitated him so that its offspring could feed.

Although this monster bares similarities to Graboids it is not a rip off. It might have been influenced by Tremors, but that doesn't make it a rip. Saying Sliders ripped off Tremors is like saying S.S. Wilson ripped of Frank Hebert. But Sliders did have an episode were they ripped off Jewel Vern's The Island of Dr Monroe. That is of course I am referring to the third season finally. Good episode but it kind of ticked me off. Especially when Rimmie said, "The guy is like some kind of off crazy Dr Frankenstein". (Witch is COMPLETELY inaccurate) He should have said, "This is like some sort of crazy Island of Dr Monroe." That would have been fine.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:30 pm

Actually, Sliders was ripping off movies that season, including a near scene by scene (of the major parts) of Species.
GreenStripe

species

Postby GreenStripe » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:13 pm

Actually, Sliders was ripping off movies that season, including a near scene by scene (of the major parts) of Species

That was the one with the parisite that craved heat right?
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:55 pm

Yay, and Quinn had to accept that he couldn't save every world he went to (even if they bought the problem.)

Return to “The Tremors Movies”