A theory on the graboids' origin

Talk About The Tremors Movies
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Great White Graboid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A theory on the graboids' origin

Postby Great White Graboid » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:01 am

"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Action_Burt

Graboids in Time

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:34 pm

Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:39 pm

benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:19 pm

Action_Burt

Graboid origins

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:34 am

Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:47 am

"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Ather

Postby Ather » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:34 pm

Shadoe

Re: Graboid origins

Postby Shadoe » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:17 pm

frobnik

Postby frobnik » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:44 am

Hello everyone,

i'm new to this board so first i'd like to introduce myself :)

Sorry for my broken english, that's not my native language.

i'm studying interactive media and currently i work on an Short Infographic-Animation about Graboids. During my research i thought it would be helpful to ask the fanbase about details.

so here i am and bringing up this old topic.

today i thougt about the orgin of graboids. What did you think about this theorie, i keep it short:

- the Graboids are an extraterrestrial life-form and came to earth like descriped in this Hypothesis:
- Graboids evolve to this big worms during Precambrian. Deep underground they got great resistance agains variation in temperature and big pressure
- underground, they could survive the iceage and asteroid impacts
- the changing climate let them move up
- eating people and animals, flooded them with so many vitamins that Graboids evolve to shriekers and so on

another point i'd like to ask you: i read that the graboid is based on the mongolian deathworm (). i think there are not realy connections between both, so i think wikipedia is wrong in this case.

kind regards
Frank
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:51 am

They're not aliens. They're local boys.
Action_Burt

Devonian era creatures

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:08 am

Tremors was an attempt to recreate the B Movie monsters of the 50s.

The last Universal Monster was the Gillman. He is from the DEVONIAN era.

Ergo, the Graboids are from the Devonian era. Still not convinced, check out this image of a Devonian whale and tell me it's skull isn't weirdly reminiscent of a graboid:

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/20 ... period.jpg

Those jaws sure remind me of a Shrieker, and the armored head- clearly a cousin of the graboid...
project412

Postby project412 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:33 am

Wow...very similar to the Graboid indeed.

frobnik

Postby frobnik » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 am

hey thanks,

ok i see there a too many theories about the origin, recently i found this page:

so i think there is no correct answer and i will not make another attemp in my project :)
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Um Dunkleosteus is a placoderm fish not a whale. It was about the size of a whale though.
To me from Tremors star Ariana Richards
responding to my wishes for her birthday (9/20/05)

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”