TREMORS COMING TO BLU RAY!!!

Talk About The Tremors Movies
project412

TREMORS COMING TO BLU RAY!!!

Postby project412 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:44 pm

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/111/1110651p1.html

AWESOME! Just wish i had a Blu Ray Player! But WOW!!!! I really, really think that with the release of the series on DVD and this Blu Ray, Universal is testing the market for Tremors 5! I may buy it, even though I don't own a Blu Ray player, just to support the cause!
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:35 am

Hoozah! Hoozah! Hoozah!
Almost exactly three years after the HD-DVD release we finally get it on BD!
I am so happy!

Now to get a BD-player...
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
project412

Postby project412 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:06 pm

rawen100 wrote:Hoozah! Hoozah! Hoozah!
Almost exactly three years after the HD-DVD release we finally get it on BD!
I am so happy!

Now to get a BD-player...

Haha, so do I. But I might buy this Blu Ray even without a player, because A.) Eventually they will stop making DVDs so I'll have to get a Blu Ray player (I bought Avatar on Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack). and B.) Spending money on Tremors stuff shows Universal that we want a fifth movie!

rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:35 am

I already own two seasons of TV on BD and a collector's BD, but have no BD-player. :P

By the way, in the last three years alone there has been a release of Tremors on HD-DVD, Tremors the Series on DVD and Tremors on BD. It really seems like they're trying out the market.
Though, Tremors was a much bigger success than the other movies. So that could explain those releases. You don't have to be a trem-head to enjoy it.
Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:14 am

Plus, when 4 came out, didn't they say that if it sold enough they would make 5? And same for the Attack Pack (which I still don't have :'( )? But yeah, all these releases have to mean something. Why else would you release a 7 year old TV series that was canceled after half a season?

rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 am

Well, TV-DVDs are big these days, and they know that many fans want them. Just look at the DVD, they didn't put much effort into it.
Oh and by the way, it's a full season. Most shows (at least on Syfy (formerly Sci-Fi channel) start of with a 13-episode season. Then if it goes all right they might bring it back for another 13er and if it goes really good they get the full 20 (20 episodes is a full Syfy season).
Proud owner of:

project412

Postby project412 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 am

Oh, didn't know that. I thought they planned for a full season, but SyFy said to just do half to start off, just in case it didn't do good. And then when it didn't do good" (second most watched show) they canceled it.

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:02 pm

I won't buy it since Bluray is the devil. But good for the Tremmies (the official word, people ;) ) who have Bluray.
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Earl_Bassett wrote:I won't buy it since Bluray is the devil. But good for the Tremmies (the official word, people ;) ) who have Bluray.

I don't have Blu Ray, but I'm buying it in hopes that it helps make a fifth movie.

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:50 pm

I can respect that. I won't buy it though, since it would only help killing the DVD format, which I don't want to.
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Earl_Bassett wrote:I can respect that. I won't buy it though, since it would only help killing the DVD format, which I don't want to.

Yeah, I understand that. But DVDs are a lost cause now, unfortunately. To be completely honest, I would be happy if we still used VHS. I have a lot of movies on VHS that I haven't replaced yet, and probably never will. I'm happy I have a DVD/VCR combo. These new formats are all just trying to get as much money as possible, then invent the next thing...:/ I did buy Avatar on Blu Ray/DVD combo, because I know somewhere down the line I will need to buy a Blu Ray player...:/ And Tremors, I will buy in hopes of a sequel.

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Perhaps it is, perhaps not. Either way, it's the principle. I got rid of my VHS tapes, several hundred of them, when they stopped releasing movies on VHS. I'm not going to do the same this time around.

I can just imagine how horrible it will look in the shelf, the DVD's next to the Blurays, or the Blurays on another shelf. It's a nightmare for a collector like me.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 am

BDs aren't the devil. Sure, I haven't made the switch yet (but I will... In some cases), but just think about it. After BDs (I'd prefer HD-DVD, but that's another story) there really aren't going to come anything new. Resolutions are now so good that in order for higher resolutions, like 4K, to make sense you need a screen 20 meters across.
I'm buying BDs because I love HD, not everyone makes the HD worth it, but most do.
And DVDs will never die, they have to much of a stronghold. There was a BIG difference from VHS to DVD, not so big from DVD to BD. They'll probably always make BD players which can play DVDs so we don't have to throw away our DVD collections.
Proud owner of:

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:31 am

If Bluray will mean the cancellation of DVD, it is the devil to me. The fact that we will be able to play our DVD's on the Bluray doesn't help anything if Bluray will be the only format, at least not for me.

I guess the next step is just pure downloading, great days ahead of collectors.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:12 am

I'm pretty sure DVDs won't die out the way VHS dis, DVDs are not as bad in comparison to BDs as VHS to DVD.
And I really don't want all movies going to downloads as many predict! It seems to go that way, but that would just be sad. What am I supposed to do with all these collector's items then? :P
Proud owner of:

Return to “The Tremors Movies”