If tremors 5 comes out...

Talk About The Tremors Movies
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Great White Graboid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

If tremors 5 comes out...

Postby Great White Graboid » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:53 am

"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Action_Burt

T5 ideas

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:02 am

Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:39 pm

Well, I'd be interested in anything Stampede decides to do with the monsters, ultimately... but the one thing I would like, is to see more of present-day Perfection. Lest Tremors not have Burt in it anymore! I mean, you set it off in some crazy foreign country, Burt might go graboid hunting there- in the US, or in a big city (Las Vegas might make sense... being in Nevada, in the desert and all- but it'd have the same problem as T2 amplified- in T2, they were fighting for an oil refinery, but a movie where they fight for Las Vegas might be a bit disliked by some people- although, the possibilities for weird action scenes is intriguing... and it could even bring in a good excuse for return appearances by Earl and Grady, as "Worm World" could be based in Las Vegas), Burt could definately show up, and if the writers and Victor Browne all wanted to, Tyler could likely go with him to such a place. But set it in too many other time periods and ultimately, Burt can't really be there. Ancestors of Burt, yes, and Hiram is great- but the present day one we know and love couldn't very well show up in, say, midevil times. Nor can Perfection.

Tremors 4 was great, of course. A continuation might be interesting, but I don't see how it would work- it's a great fanfiction idea, but it just seems a little off to make another movie about it somehow. Personally, I crave more stuff like The Series and T3. Anything new with the monsters is good, and a movie should focus on Graboids and their mutations/stages (not that I'd personally be against altered Graboids or mixmaster tie-ins), but it just has to have Burt, and Perfection. Heck, I'd like to see Nancy again, and Jodi, Tyler, Rosalita... and of course, if my long parenthesis rant didn't clue you in, I'd be not at all opposed to other old faces showing up. See and raise that- I'd love it if Melvin showed up again! New characters are good, and so far I haven't really disliked any of the ones that Stampede has come up with, but a certain amount of consistancy would be good to keep.

So far, T2 had Earl and Burt return from T1- two main characters (although, I have to say, the original script plans sounded awesome, with Val and Heather around too); T3 saw the return of Burt, and Nancy, Mindy, Miguel, and Melvin, and Jodi was a relation of Walter's from T1; and The Series featured returns from Burt, Melvin, Jodi and Nancy, and though I think the character's personality could use some more depth if she ever shows up again Rosalita was related to Miguel, from T1. T4 had roots of the other films, too, with Hiram, Juan, Tecopa (related to Harlow from The Series), and as it turns out, Christine, all being ancestors of other characters. Tremors has formed families over time, and Burt has become kind of the leading character in the series. I for one want to see more of these people. *shrugs*

Incidentally... I wonder if Reba McIntrye would ever want to do another movie... okay, so that kind of bleeds over into the topic of who Burt should be with, but hey, it could be cool... and I can just see the soundtrack now. "I'm a Survivalist"! 6.@
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:31 pm

Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:54 am

"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
tombking

Postby tombking » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:21 pm

This valley is just one big smorgasbord we just have to get out!
stampede

Postby stampede » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:58 pm

Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:19 pm

Return to “The Tremors Movies”