If tremors 5 comes out...

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Great White Graboid

If tremors 5 comes out...

Postby Great White Graboid » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:53 am

I think they should continue where # 4 left off. We could see Hiram and what the townspeople do to rebuild and re-establish perfection. Plus we could see their reactions to the other graboid stages. I was thinking while it would be ok to continue where the series left off, I think it just wouldn't be fresh like the others. If they have another graboid incursion in perfection, it might get a little old. (Even though I'll still enjoy it) Maybe we should see graboid attacks in other towns or places, or worse, a shrieker invasion in a big city. But in doing that, you lose the deserty feel of the creatures in exchange for a "concrete and brick type of feel." I'll take the deserty feel. Any other thoughts on T-5?
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Action_Burt

T5 ideas

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:02 am

I think the next step is to see graboids in a wholly different setting- and make them behave a slight bit differently. For example, what if they like mud, not loose soil... or maybe have them act like angler fish, luring prey in then gobbling it up like a trapdoor spider.

I think the different BEHAVIOR is key. We've seen different life cycles plenty...

I'd also like to see a location that can be fit in with real history. Maybe have graboids be the explanation for a lost city.

There's the lost city NASA discovered in the Sahara- a trading outpost.

There's the Anasazi in the American Southwest

The Maya in South America

Or maybe have graboids be in an area that has traditionally NOT been inhabited by people- like the outback of Australia, or remote parts of the Gobi.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:39 pm

Well, I'd be interested in anything Stampede decides to do with the monsters, ultimately... but the one thing I would like, is to see more of present-day Perfection. Lest Tremors not have Burt in it anymore! I mean, you set it off in some crazy foreign country, Burt might go graboid hunting there- in the US, or in a big city (Las Vegas might make sense... being in Nevada, in the desert and all- but it'd have the same problem as T2 amplified- in T2, they were fighting for an oil refinery, but a movie where they fight for Las Vegas might be a bit disliked by some people- although, the possibilities for weird action scenes is intriguing... and it could even bring in a good excuse for return appearances by Earl and Grady, as "Worm World" could be based in Las Vegas), Burt could definately show up, and if the writers and Victor Browne all wanted to, Tyler could likely go with him to such a place. But set it in too many other time periods and ultimately, Burt can't really be there. Ancestors of Burt, yes, and Hiram is great- but the present day one we know and love couldn't very well show up in, say, midevil times. Nor can Perfection.

Tremors 4 was great, of course. A continuation might be interesting, but I don't see how it would work- it's a great fanfiction idea, but it just seems a little off to make another movie about it somehow. Personally, I crave more stuff like The Series and T3. Anything new with the monsters is good, and a movie should focus on Graboids and their mutations/stages (not that I'd personally be against altered Graboids or mixmaster tie-ins), but it just has to have Burt, and Perfection. Heck, I'd like to see Nancy again, and Jodi, Tyler, Rosalita... and of course, if my long parenthesis rant didn't clue you in, I'd be not at all opposed to other old faces showing up. See and raise that- I'd love it if Melvin showed up again! New characters are good, and so far I haven't really disliked any of the ones that Stampede has come up with, but a certain amount of consistancy would be good to keep.

So far, T2 had Earl and Burt return from T1- two main characters (although, I have to say, the original script plans sounded awesome, with Val and Heather around too); T3 saw the return of Burt, and Nancy, Mindy, Miguel, and Melvin, and Jodi was a relation of Walter's from T1; and The Series featured returns from Burt, Melvin, Jodi and Nancy, and though I think the character's personality could use some more depth if she ever shows up again Rosalita was related to Miguel, from T1. T4 had roots of the other films, too, with Hiram, Juan, Tecopa (related to Harlow from The Series), and as it turns out, Christine, all being ancestors of other characters. Tremors has formed families over time, and Burt has become kind of the leading character in the series. I for one want to see more of these people. *shrugs*

Incidentally... I wonder if Reba McIntrye would ever want to do another movie... okay, so that kind of bleeds over into the topic of who Burt should be with, but hey, it could be cool... and I can just see the soundtrack now. "I'm a Survivalist"! 6.@
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:31 pm

Burt can't really be there. Ancestors of Burt, yes, and Hiram is great- but the present day one we know and love couldn't very well show up in, say, midevil times. Nor can Perfection.

See, that's the problem. The franchise can't just be about Burt in perfection. Too boring. The movies must br about the worms. If we regulate it to oen man, the franchise cna easily crumble. We had 2 incursiosn within absically a decade. Anymore is pushing it. Plus 100 years ago there was one. We need other locales. But ones we can enjoy. Who care sif Mexico cna't make their oil? Nobody. Now, Bixby is a good palce. OK, maybe no Graboid,s but Shriekers and Ab's can attack. make the sheriff respect Burt more. The ide aof new monsters is great, but we need are favs too, but not exclusively. And yes,w e nee dmore returnees. perfection is down to like what 7 people? That's an encampment people.
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:54 am

If Fred Ward and Kevin Bacon were to reprise their roles as Earl and Val, I would wager that the next movie would sky rocket in popularity among the fans. I definitly want to see Grady again; he made me laugh all through T-2.
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
tombking

Postby tombking » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:21 pm

hmm tremors 5 would need to have some kind of extra smart graboid... like all know the longer they live the smarter they get... :D
This valley is just one big smorgasbord we just have to get out!
stampede

Postby stampede » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:58 pm

We can have a whole franchise Tremors:New York (only put that first because I live there), Tremors:Las Vegas, Tremors:Miami. Why not? Burt IS the expert in all things graboids, shriekers and assblasters. He has a team of investigaors-let them lead and explore. New/old guest stars every week-Fred Ward, etc. Hey, this is definitely a wayout idea, but who knows, if this idea were around when the series came out, it may have been a perfect antidote to please and pull in other viewers and of course still have Perfection as it's base. A girl can dream!
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:19 pm

Well, all those cities would need soft dirt for them to travel through. Now, if Messer Schmidt's egg hatched,a nd the Grabbite escaped, became Shriekers, multiplied, and then AB's, etc, we could have them all invade places.

I still like Twitchell's CSI: perfection. See how scientists try to figure out the monster of the week by the dead bodies, while dismissing the Perfectionist's theories. And Larry's help.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”