In responce to Action_Burt

Talk About The Tremors Movies
GreenStripe

In responce to Action_Burt

Postby GreenStripe » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:00 pm

However, after T5, I think it is time to give us something more. After all, each film has set the precedent of something new for the Graboids. While I agree the lifecycle should remain set, we do need to see some variation. Or maybe some Graboid vs. (insert animal) action.

Action_Burt you have reminded me of something. Way back in 2001, right after I had watched T3 for the first time, I had thought that now the Graboid life cycle had been filled in (Grabites never occurred to me at that point.) that there should be a new take on this franchise. I figured that since Graboids and all of their incarnations had proven to be such admiral killers it was time to turn the tables on them. So I came with a predator that preys mostly on Graboids, and I called it the Dwarf-Rex.

The Idea was that a descendant or cousin of T-rex had evolved special adaptation to aid it in hunting Graboids. Because Graboids are such good hunters, and with Shriekers can reproduce so rapidly, the ecology of the regions in witch they rain would collapse completely. That is unless there was something to control their populations. So having a predator to take out the excess Graboids would be a logical expansion on the Tremors Monsterollogy. The above theory can also be used to explain why Graboid eggs stay dormant for so long.

First of all, like Graboids the D-rex eggs lay dormant for centuries. This allows it to survive the elongated periods between which its main food source repopulates itself.

The adult D-rex itself would stand approximately 12 feet high, have a huge head and next to nothing arms. Its overall shape would resample a shrieker's. This is to give the implication that it's some how connected to the Graboid even though it's not the same creature. It's colouring would be reddish in base. With darker stripes dawn it's back.

Since the T-rex had such a powerful sense of smell and that Graboids have such a powerful stink, the D-rex would hunt primarily by smell, and would retain the same vision as the T-rex. (the T-rex couldn't see shapes, only movement)

To kill Graboids, the D-rex would admit a powerful roar of such magnitude and frequency that it would first send a victim Graboid into Nero-shock, and then literally cause the Graboid's brain to explode. The D-rex also had a bony protrusion at the end of its snout witch would be used to dig up its food.

As for story; Some place in Africa would have the largest Graboid attack ever recorded. So the Army would draft Burt. Burt and a small group of scientists plus solders would lock, load and kick some Graboid tail. After it looks like they might have things under control, there would be these mysterious attacks that don't match Grab, Shrieks or ABs. Every one would be scared and confused until they finally discover what's really going on. The climax would involve several Graboids taking on a couple of D-rex's. How do you like that monster on monster action? Like I said, I thought of this a long time ago. Back when I was young and Idealistic.
Last edited by GreenStripe on Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
Action_Burt

Kasai Rex

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:46 am

Well, the monster-hunting kooks claim there is a living T-Rex today- called the Kasai Rex.

A few months ago, i would have said that two critters previously unseen, with eggs in the ground would be too much of a stretch. However, I know now that cicadas ar enot the only critter to burrow underground for years: there is a species of wasp that does the same, so it can feed on cicadas when they emerge.

A T-rex vs. a graboid would be pretty eventful... but I think a smart graboid would ultimately win, because the t-rex probably can't dig so good. And once the graboid hatched the shriekers... oh lordy, look out. T-Rex chow.
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:25 pm

Why is the Dwraf Rex taller than T-rex? Where's the Dwarf part?

T-rex isn't really movement based anymore.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:13 pm

And once the graboid hatched the shriekers... oh lordy, look out. T-Rex chow.

...or maybe it'd be like that scene in the original Jurassic Park, where the T-Rex scoops up and eats a bunch of velociraptors... or maybe my mind made that scene up.

An Assblaster vs. a T-rex, or "Dwarf Rex", though... They could launch themselves up and chomp down on the back of their necks... and if there were a lot of them, from there having been a lot of Shriekers beforehand...
GreenStripe

[Insert Title Here]

Postby GreenStripe » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:14 pm

To Action_Burt: Actualy, I based the Dwarf Rex off of the Kasai Rex. I thought the Kasai Rex idea sounded good, so I stoll it.

To Arther: I might of miss judged the size of a T-rex. I thought they were 30 or 40 feet tall. I've seem to have lost my "Big Book of Dinosaurs". If you can tell me the corect highth I'll rewright the idea.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:39 pm

18-20ft tall. Rumors say one was close to 25, but that's so far rare. They are about 40 feet long, which could be where you're getting confused. Of course, current theory hold sthey didn't walk erect, were bent over, and generally looked like a T, so that's even shorter. Course, you could do a 10 ft tall one, which is still impressive to be battlign a swarm or pack or what have you of Shriekers, or fending off an AB Blitzkreig.
GreenStripe

Thanks Arther

Postby GreenStripe » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:29 pm

Thanks, I corrected the problem. Inversed the number. It now says 12 instead of 21.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”