tremors convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Talk About The Tremors Movies

should the fans have a tremors convention possibly able to persuade universal into starting the tremors franchise again?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 4
tremors-rocks

tremors convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Postby tremors-rocks » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:37 pm

I just thought of a good idea. if all the tremors fans on here could find more tremors fans that are just as pissed as we are about the videos being stopped and the series being stopped then we should hold a 2 day convention where we will allow tremors fans of all ages to come and talk with other fans and have a couple contest or somthing. show univesal studeos just how much we love tremors and maybe all the people could persuade universal to start up production of tremors 5 and to start the series up again. that would be awsome. i have made a poll here to see how many people would like this.
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm

I think many would like this. Only problem is, the Tremors fans are scattered around the world. I.e. myself and Earl_Bassett, two of the topposters on this forum, are from Norway and Sweden. And many others don't live in USA. It could be quite troublesome to arrange such a big event in only one country. Maybe if it was done in the summer (vacation), but still. It costs a lot to travel.
On the other hand, Star Trek started out with one convetion in New York (with 30 people) and see where they are now.
Maybe if we got some Tremors actors and directors to a con it would grow popular.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
tremors-rocks

Postby tremors-rocks » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:30 am

maybe if we could get mr. gross and maybe kebin bacon and fred ward to be or guest starts more and more peope would come. maybe if we could have a advertisment on tv or something a couple weeks before then we might be able to get more people coming. it might work. well hell im only 16 and i probably cant do a whole hell of a lot but thats somthing im just throwing out there. so maybe if we can get more people or maybe if we could start a tremors convention on every conetinent. possibly every contry
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:17 am

Maybe some online version, like a giant chat room?
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:47 am

Lot of good points here. I too think we should start of with some chat room. And work us up from there. Coventions takes a lot of time and money.
I wonder how many Tremors fans there actually are out there, I doubt every Tremors fan know about this site (took some time before I found it), so advertising should be used. Maybe a YouTube channel or something.
Proud owner of:

Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,

US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
tremors-rocks

Postby tremors-rocks » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:49 pm

yeah good idea there are tons of tremors fans on youtube. if we could get some more of them to come to this site at least since this is like a giant chat room. then just get a new topic about that and everything. that might get universal going. once we do make a actual conention it would be pretty good to see if we could get some of the stars to come and sign some autographs.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:22 am

A cool idea and everything, but it needs a lot of work put into it if it were ever to happen. A Youtube channel, promoting this forum would be a great start. We need more members here. We'll take it one step at a time.
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:04 am

So we are agreed that we need ads for this forum out there. And believe me, I know there is a lot of us out there. The Tremors stuff I have posted on YouTube all have severel thousand hits. The intro of Tremors the series have been viewed around 18 000 times. If we just get Stampede to make a YouTube channel we are well on the way.
Proud owner of:

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:10 am

We can have a fan-channel too, doesn't need to be the official Stampede Tremors channel.
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Ather

Postby Ather » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:07 am

My Spore Shrieker is one of my more popular Spore Creatures videoes. People love the Tremors franchise.
tremors-rocks

Postby tremors-rocks » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:04 pm

good ideas everyone i have already started posting comments on youtube telling people to check out this site.
Action_Burt

Con talk

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Better idea would be to get an existing major Con to accept Tremors as the theme.

In Louisville, KY there is the annual wonderfest, often visited by folks that do special effects in the movie industry. This year's theme is a tribute to the ALIEN films.

www.wonderfest.com

2010 is the 20th Anniversary of the original film- sounds like a great year for a dedicated Con.

Louisville is in the midwest so a lot of folks could attend, but there are bound to be bigger and better Cons elsewhere in the country that could be persuaded.
Action_Burt

Con ideas

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:03 pm

If 2010 doesn't work, why not shoot for 2011, the 15th anniversary of Tremors 2- wasn't it the first direct-to-video sequel of a film?
tremors-rocks

Postby tremors-rocks » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:08 pm

maybe we could get a convention in the east and the west because there would be tons of people in the new england region that would come and stuff but going all the way out west would cost alot with the economy the way it is.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”