Slither

Talk About The Tremors Movies
LadyNRA

Slither

Postby LadyNRA » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:26 am

I had gotten the movie Slither around Christmas time. $2 on Black Friday and I confess that it looked like one of those old style "monster movies" with humor thrown in, much like Tremors had, so I figued for that price I'd pick it up. Well, we watched it last night and yup, it was the good old style monster lands on earth , takes over story with some quirky and even funny characters (especially the foul mouthed, foul tempered mayor). Mix in a heavy dose of Night of the Living dead and a couple of dashes of the "The Thing" (John Carpenter version) and you have this movie.

However, I mention it here for another reason. Don't know if anyone saw it or noticed it but the name of the School (complete with sign) was...Earl Bassett Community School. I laughed when I saw that (I noticed it more in the outtakes) but to me it was a nod and a tip of the hat to Stampede/Tremors and only something a fan would notice. Now I admit it could be a coincidence but somehow I don't thinki so :D
"I am completely out of ammo. That's never happened to me before!"
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:29 am

I think you are right, definitely sounds like a reference. That would be a very odd coincidence.
Ah Hell everyone knows about em' we just didn't tell you.
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:50 am

2nd chances at fame are so useful. Earl got his own school.
Babyboomer

The movie Slither

Postby Babyboomer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:20 pm

I never heard of this movie but now you got me interested. I am going to see if I can find it on HULU or Blockbuster and watch it. Is it about snakes?
We hunt them down, we wipe them out, we go at dawn!
Sci Fi Fan, Tremors, Stargate SG-1, any zombie movie

Return to “The Tremors Movies”