Big Melvin Fan...Will he finally get eaten?

Talk About The Tremors Movies
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:18 am

Babyboomer wrote:What I still don't understand is, who is Melvin? If he's not Nancy son or Nester's son who the hell is he? In T1 he was a young annoying kid so he has to be someones son, but whos? Who's house was he sitting at when Val & Earl came over to clean out the septic tank & got krap all over them? Do you remember that scene? Was it Nancy's house? Is he Nester's son? Old Fred's son? He can't be Walters son. Maybe the Doctor & his wife had Melvin? Maybe he's Edgars' son? Or he is Nesters' brother. Or Nancys' brother, hell I don't know!
"We hunt them down, we wipe them out, we go at dawn" T3

I believe it was stated by Stampede that his parents were gamblers and were very rarely home.
Babyboomer

Postby Babyboomer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 am

OK I got it. I read the FAQ and I get who he is now, I read those FAQ's a long time ago and I guess I forgot. The next question I have is, whos' house was he at in T1 when Val & Earl went over to clean the septic tank out & got krap all over themselves? Was that Melvins' parents house? If it was, what happen to it in T3. I read somewhere that when Jodie came to take over Walters' store she cleaned up Perfection & got rid of Nesters' trailer & put it in the junk yard (now famous in T3). What happen to the house? In T3 the only house in town I remember is Nancy & Mindys' house.
Sci Fi Fan, Tremors, Stargate SG-1, any zombie movie
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 am

Jack mighta been using it. Or it was moved with nestors. Melvin was gone, and his folsk probably left too to move to vegas permantently.
Action_Burt

Melvin the Star

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:46 am

I would guess Melvin became a celebrity, being one of a handful of survivors. If his parents were gamblers who abandoned their child, they probably milked his celebrity with tv appearances, book signings, etc.

Maybe that's how Melvin had the means to get into real estate in the TV series?
project412

Re: Melvin the Star

Postby project412 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Action_Burt wrote:I would guess Melvin became a celebrity, being one of a handful of survivors. If his parents were gamblers who abandoned their child, they probably milked his celebrity with tv appearances, book signings, etc.

Maybe that's how Melvin had the means to get into real estate in the TV series?

Hmm, that makes a lot of sense. I love having conversations about Tremors. :D

Babyboomer

Postby Babyboomer » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:17 pm

I read in the FAQ's that Jack stayed in one on the out buildings not clearly seen in T3, I'll bet that might be the building we see in the series, you know that big metal one where he keeps his jeep. The FAQ's also say Melvin made his $ dealing in real estate in nearby Bixby. They also say that after Burts' house blew up he could have stayed in the spare room in Changs' Market or in a tent on his property. I think that is what he most likey did (stay in a tent) although I'll bet Nancy offered him a room at her house even though they don't like each other much. Also did you see Larry from the series, he is in a new TV commercial for Pizza Hut. As for Melvins' parents house I guess you guys are right, they must have moved it or Jodie tore it down, you would think Melvin would have sold it or rented it out or at least set it up as a Bread & Breakfast for the tourists comming into town to see El Blanco.
Sci Fi Fan, Tremors, Stargate SG-1, any zombie movie

Return to “The Tremors Movies”