Big Melvin Fan...Will he finally get eaten?

Talk About The Tremors Movies
SandyT

Big Melvin Fan...Will he finally get eaten?

Postby SandyT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:32 am

I always like the character of Melvin, probably because he was such a snot! Will he finally get eaten in down Under? I see him in a lot of other shows, will he even be in the movie!!?? He is one of the originals, and it would would be awesome to bring in some of the cast members...like the little girl too!

Sandy T.
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Maybe it can eat him and then vomit him back out because he is such a disgusting person that even a graboid cannot stand him. Now that would be great. Melvin is an interesting character in the storyline. I would like to see some of the characters from the older movies come back too. Maybe a return of Heather? Maybe she has been hiding in the Southern Hemisphere thinking the radiation cloud from WW3 wouldn't go down there. In any case I hope this movie becomes a reality.
Ah Hell everyone knows about em' we just didn't tell you.
Ather

Postby Ather » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:14 am

Yes, more Heather and Mindy. Maybe Val's & Earl and the wives are on vacation there at the time.
SandyT

mindy and Melvin were both great!

Postby SandyT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 am

really liked mindy too! Does anyone know if Melvin and Mindy will be in the movie..tremors 5? I think it makes us real fans forget about some of the clucnker moments in the sequel movies when we can see the original characters...it feels more connected to the first...What about Reba too? As long as Melvin is still the snot....
wormeater

Here's a trivia....

Postby wormeater » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Can you name the last names of the original characters in TREMORS?

Earl
Val
Miguel
Melvin
Mindy
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:22 pm

Despite my love for the series and worshiping of the ground that Ariana Richards walks on, I hope she stays away from the series from now on. As much as I love their work I just cannot forgive Maddock & Wilson for the way they screwed up Mindy in Tremors 3 and WAY even more so in Tremors the Series (thank god Ariana didn't play the part that time). Luckily its the only bad move they've made with the franchise thus far. Though I am up for some more Melvin (the best part of Tremors 3) and way way even more so for the return of Grady & Earl. Grady Hoover is da bomb! "Well of course, stuff like this only happens in the middle of nowhere." :lol:
To me from Tremors star Ariana Richards
responding to my wishes for her birthday (9/20/05)

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:30 am

I agree that 3 was probably my least favorite out of the three, I hated to see Miguel get killed off. It was still very entertaining and even if the other Tremors movies didn't exist I would have still liked it. As Tremors fans we should probably face the reality that this 5th movie still may not happen, and even if it does it will most certainly be the last one. Personally I am looking forward to Tremors 8, Graboids in Space, but I am trying to be realistic here. If it happens and is going to be the last film I would like to see as many of the original "living" cast members return. The two that must be in it are Burt and Melvin.

You have me stumped on the last names man, I know a two of them but would have to go to IMDB for the rest and that is cheating.
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:42 am

What, you didn't like the 20 something Mindy acting like a teenager? "I want a car". But TTS, what the frick? The only good thing was her insistance on Graboid rights. A two time survivor wnating to protect a Graboid is cool. That is all.

I hated them killing Miguel for no reason than to make the ABlasters threatening. Deaths should always survive a purpose. Not just fear nobody will tkae the thign seriously if they don't kill.

Mindy Sterngood, Earl Basset, Melvin Plug, Val is short for Valentino, does that count?
Action_Burt

Tremors 3 Gripes

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:27 am

For shame, all of you. Tremors 3 was great!

Tremors are monster movies. As such, people need to die. You can't have all the deaths be redshirts, you have to kill characters the viewer is emotionally invested in, otherwise the death is meaningless. I liked Miguel too, but it's ridiculous that all the survivors of the first graboid attack on perfection would survive a second one. And since Mindy an her mom would capture an AB at the end of the film, that leaves Burt and Miguel to choose from, as First Incursion survivors.

Well, they couldn't kill Burt, as he cheats death to great comedic effect. Ergo, Miguel is the one who must go.

I know that the tremors films are formulaic, but they're supposed to be- they're fun, B-Movie-style films, and not following some basic monster movie rules ruins them.
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:59 am

Well action_burt, you do have a point there, I still hated to see him go though, but I guess some central characters have to die. Three was definitely good, but of the four one of them has to be your favorite and one the least. For me it was three.

In any case, I hope the end of 5 is something good like 1 and 2. The end of three lacked a really big and blood filled final kill like the other three had. I hope the story literally closes with a bang. I know that somewhere up their sleeve they have an ending that can top the refinery explosion.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:54 am

3 lacked enough Shrieker action. We need to see all 3 forms and maybe a baby Graboid at the end at least.

Now, if we could just get a JP/Tremors crossover . . . Dinos VS Graboids.
Or Alien/Tremors. How tough are Graboid hides? Tougher than alien acid? Or Predator/Tremors - Burt protects EB from a Predator.
rawen100

Re: Here's a trivia....

Postby rawen100 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:19 pm

Well, it could be cool if Melvin was eaten. But I really like him as an annoying character, and would like him to be available for more Tremors goodness.

And to you:
wormeater wrote:Can you name the last names of the original characters in TREMORS?

Earl
Val
Miguel
Melvin
Mindy

Earl Bassett
Valentein McKee
Miguel (no known last name, could be Sanchez. But we don't know if Miguel is Rosalita's mother's or father's brother)
Melvin Plug
Mindy Sterngood
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Action_Burt

Tremors 5 finale

Postby Action_Burt » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:31 am

Good points on the finale...

I think we need to merge all the Tremors films and take a note from Back to the Future.

Yes, Burt needs to drive an explosives-laden train right into a Graboid nest, while Shriekers are roaming around by the hundreds and ABs soar overhead. A train pulling fuel tanks. Yeah...

Burt shouldn't ride off into the sunset, he should dissapear in a beautiful fireball that saves the world. That's his style.
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:12 am

He can be all "From Hell's heart I stab at thee."
Babyboomer

Postby Babyboomer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:08 pm

What I still don't understand is, who is Melvin? If he's not Nancy son or Nester's son who the hell is he? In T1 he was a young annoying kid so he has to be someones son, but whos? Who's house was he sitting at when Val & Earl came over to clean out the septic tank & got krap all over them? Do you remember that scene? Was it Nancy's house? Is he Nester's son? Old Fred's son? He can't be Walters son. Maybe the Doctor & his wife had Melvin? Maybe he's Edgars' son? Or he is Nesters' brother. Or Nancys' brother, hell I don't know!
"We hunt them down, we wipe them out, we go at dawn" T3
Sci Fi Fan, Tremors, Stargate SG-1, any zombie movie

Return to “The Tremors Movies”