Tremors 5: The Thunder From Down Under

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Cody

Tremors 5: The Thunder From Down Under

Postby Cody » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:18 pm

According to Cinema Blend

We’ve heard from friends on the inside that a fifth Tremors movie is being prepped by Universal Pictures.

This one will shift locations to Australia, which should mean at least one or two cool scenes in which the graboids swallow a Kangaroo or a family of Koalas.

They’re calling it Tremors: The Thunder From Down Under.
Cody

Postby Cody » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:35 pm

And ShockTillYouDrop say they've confirmed it. :)
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:15 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I really hope so.
But it may be that they've just gotten their hands on the script (which has been ready quite a while).
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Ather

Postby Ather » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:17 am

I'll wait to SS WIlson comes here and confirms it.
Action_Burt

Tremors 5 Script leaked?

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:06 am

Hey, if it's a script leak, this is good- because now there's no reason we diehard fans couldn't read what was to have been.

Heck, if we can get a copy of the script I say we split up the 7 acts and novelize them into one big fan-novel project, that way the script still isn't being posted online, but our fellow Perfectionites can see the glory Bonnie Hammer killed for us!

(And yes, I still lurk here weekly, despite my serious lack in posts)
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:01 am

While I think it is too early to get our hopes too high I think Tremors in Australia would be a great idea. Please have Paul Hogan in it somewhere.
Ah Hell everyone knows about em' we just didn't tell you.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:44 am

That's not a giant, carnivorous worm. This is a giant, carnivorous worm.
Graboid_Guy83

Paul Hogan

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:32 am

Look at the bright side linx05, if everything turns out well you might get to see him get eaten by an assblaster or something. Here in the US we always thought Paul Hogan was pretty cool, but I could see how you guys would get tired of his phony crap.
Action_Burt

Hogan the Graboid Hunter?

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:43 am

I think you guys are missing some real comedic potential here.

Instead of having Hogan play himself, or his caricatured Crocodile Dundee character, I'd like to see him play a bumbling Aussie version of Burt. Lightning Jack, with Cuba Gooding is a great example of Hogan breaking from the standard Dundee stereotype... much like Michael GRoss breaking from his Family Ties persona.

it also lets the studio do a rehash- something they love to do with old plots. Basically, have Hogan's character have successfully fought some graboids since the Series. But now, like Tremors 2, he's up against a bigger threat and calls in Burt Gummer for help.

Although, now that I think about it, this would work better with a younger actor, so Burt could pass the torch to a younger actor.
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:59 am

Haha I guess you are right, we definitely know his character isn't the typical Australian, but he is still the first thing that pops in our heads when we think of Australia, that is a bit of an image problem. Probably the first 2 that come to most people's minds in the US would be Paul Hogan and Steve Irwin.

On the other side of things Burt Gummer is an exaggerated version of a real group of people in this country, the gun toting, government fearing, wackos. I guess I am sort of one of those people, I own a dozen guns, no assault rifles, but I am a hunter. I trust the government though, I don't think they are tracking my purchases with a barcode scanner. I would say out of 305 million people there are about 5-10 million real Burt Gummers out there. I know a few myself.

I just think it would be a hoot to see the stereotypical outback animal enthusiast out trying to capture a live graboid to add to his zoo of bizarre animals and make his internationally acclamied nature video about graboids. Paul Hogan could pull this off nicely. I agree, with or without Hogan please make this movie. I love the Tremors series so much I would pay to go see it even if Roseanne Barr were starring in it.
Ather

Postby Ather » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:01 am

much like Michael GRoss breaking from his Family Ties persona.

Still mind boggling. Burt Gummer is Alex P. Keaton's dad. Too bad the Series is no moe. After Spin City revealed Alex became a Senator, things were ripe for Senator Keaton to visit Perfection to deal with an EB problem. Imagine the joys of Twitchell sucking up big time to his boss. Burt and Alex clashing verbally. Mix Master creature chasing after Alex.
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:44 am

Nice scenery, I hope they film it on location. Movies filmed on location are always more realistic than studio recordings.
wormeater

when is five filming?

Postby wormeater » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:32 pm

does anyone know when it goes into production?
Action_Burt

Tremors 5 potential

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:33 am

LOTS of potential Down Under homages in a T5...

"The Dingo Ate my Baby"- well, you can't go feeding babies to graboids at Ayer's Rock and keep it funny, but you could have a dingo get eaten by a graboid as it goes to attack a baby. Poetic justice.

And what about a classic graboid vs. croc water's edge battle. Imagine some poor sap fleeing from the water, a saltie on their tail, and they run into a graboid.

How about Burt being a road warrior? An homage to Mad Max with Burt replacing the power wagon with something decidedly more Australian?

And of course, you need a local to talk about using a gun on a graboid, and Burt pulling out a bigger gun and declaring "That's not a gun, THIS is a gun". Perhaps this might be a way for Burt to finally use that civil war cannon of his- I mean, they have to top the Punt gun in T4, right? My vote would be for Burt to make a tree cannon, ala Mythbusters. A hollowed out log wrapped in steel winch cable, firing huge chunks of metal.

But most of all, I want to see Rock Crawling. The motor sport of 4x4ing on rocks. If anything was meant for graboids, it's Rock Crawling.
Graboid_Guy83

Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:26 am

There are definitely a lot of good references that can be made. "That's not a gun" almost has to be in it somewhere.

Can someone direct me to the most credible link regarding the new movie? I want this to be true but so far all I have seen is mention here and some other message boards about an inside source at Universal. I just don't want to be disappointed. If they do not make this movie I will have very little to look forward to.... I am a Detroit Lions fan.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”