Tremors all tapped out

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Shrieker_Fan

Tremors all tapped out

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:35 am

Its been a while since I've been to this site. Its been hard being active when there isn't anything new really going on. Seems most have moved on to other things. Our Empire is crumbling! Some of us will remain until the dust has cleared to only see rubble remaining. Its truely a shame to see it happen. Tremors had the potential for a longer life.

To me the biggest crap was another film not being made because "stores aren't doing Direct-To-Videos anymore" was what we were told pretty much, and that was pretty much false because speed it up some years and you see DTV's being released all the time. Its sickning.

I'm probably just bringing up what everyone has come to terms with, but I'm saying it anyways. What brought this on was that I was on a Star Wars fourm (Rebelscum) and I was looking at someone's custom/diorama they were working on and its so beautiful what has been done so far that it makes me want to do something artistic and one thing I had the thought of was doing a diorama from the first Tremors movie. Then I thought about back when the show was popular what artist we had creating things (myself included) and wished theer had been more.
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
GreenStripe

a reply

Postby GreenStripe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:09 pm

[Please forgive any typoes. I don't have a spellchecker at the moment.]

Personaly, I've fond myself resentle remonissing about my love for Tremors, and looking back at some fan fictions I was working on. Right now I'd love to do an online fan-comic for Tremors. I've got a few ideas, but until I can find an artist who wants to do something like this I'm stuck with just ideas. Which sucks because I really love this cannon and even now; 19 years after first seeing the original I still get excited whenever I think about it.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
Ather

Postby Ather » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:40 am

They need to do a cartoon series. Better MixMaster creatures in animation. Finally delve into the InvisiBat
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:45 am

No, heavens no!
Most series really destorys themselves with a cartoon. Just look at Stargate: Infinity, a cartoon series that flopped big time but the real live series are still aring.
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:45 am

Thne it didn't destroy the series. In fact, the second spinioff is being worked on.

Thye also did it all wrong. Created a new enemy with no origin story on why their enemies, and no explanation for using Go'ould Tech.
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:38 am

I think an animated series could be a good thing if it is done right. It would be a great way to bring back memorable characters such as Val& Earl, or Heather. Lets face it, if anything "Tremors" ever does come back it is highly doubtful that Reba McIntyre or Kevin Bacon would be available or willing to do it. Fred Ward might but also doubtful. An animated series would be a good way to bring them all back with different voice actors and without having to pay Kevin Bacon $25 million or something crazy like that.

Don't give up hope guys, there have been 4 movies and a series. Things look bleak now but would I imagine something as memorable as Tremors will return. I will bet there have been times that Freddy and Jason fans have felt unsure if their favorite films will ever come back. There are a few things you can count on in life, the sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning, also Freddy and Jason are coming back someday. They always come back.
Ah Hell everyone knows about em' we just didn't tell you.
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:46 am

Considering the years betwen the first few films, why complain just yet. Stampeded waited over a decade for the TV Series to get picked up. This is nothing but a bump in the road.

Besides, Sci Fi channel is looking to rebrand itself as Beyond. Maybe that will allow for more Tremors. Series or Beyond Original Movie.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”