The Graboid Evolution.

Talk About The Tremors Movies
winghound

The Graboid Evolution.

Postby winghound » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:01 pm

Okay, I know I'm probably going to come off like a geek who wants to know every friggen detail about these kick butt monsters. But if these things have been around longer than the dinosaurs, (and considering that they were even earth born to begin with), how did they come to all the stages of their life cycle.

The shriekers could have come up to be the land-dwelling reptillian versions of the cicadas and while stuck on the ground had to adapt to larger predators (remember they probably did have to deal with the dino's at one point or another) and their hermaphrodidic reproduction and heat sensing abilities would have made them efficient to survive the time period in tact.

Also couldnt their be splits in the species that could also be dormant like the ones we all know and love? Aquatic versions of graboids living in the deeper streatches of the ocean or stronger and larger versions able to dig through (relatively) harder soil stone?

Just some ideas for thsoe who think like me.
The plague is here, the plauge is everywhere.
Action_Burt

Re: The Graboid Evolution.

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:27 pm

>if these things have been around longer than the dinosaurs, (and considering that they were even earth born to begin with), how did they come to all the stages of their life cycle.

They were written that way!

Seriously, think about lots of critters out there.

First, you have to believe that our origins are a random crap shoot- that is, that we evolved from fish too stupid to stay in the water.

Next, look at other critters. Are there purple bears? Hairless bairs? Bairs with bunny rabbit ears? Bears with 6 toes instead of five?

It's not too hard to believe that graboids developed and other variants didn't.

>The shriekers could have come up to be the land-dwelling reptillian versions of the cicadas and while stuck on the ground had to adapt to larger predators (remember they probably did have to deal with the dino's at one point or another) and their hermaphrodidic reproduction and heat sensing abilities would have made them efficient to survive the time period in tact.

You got your ages mixed up. Graboids are pre-cambrian, like the gillman is devonian. Dinosaurs came along much later, according to the Darwin fairy tales.

I'm no paleontologist, but what comes before Cambrian? Is it devonian? Were there many big land critters in the devonian? However, there were some pretty good sized sea critters. In fact, there's a whale thing, who'se skeleton was recreated and is in a local museum, and it bears an uncanny likeness to a graboid beak. I often wonder if the effects guys were inspired by this critter who's name escapes me.

>Aquatic versions of graboids living in the deeper streatches of the ocean or stronger and larger versions able to dig through (relatively) harder soil stone?

The next movie will tell. As much as we want aquatic graboids, I wonder if we'll ever see them. If graboids were sea critters who moved ashore because of a superior predator, then survived, maybe the aquatic ones didn't. Or maybe the common ancestor of both was different, and so aquatic graboids never developed the three-stage life cycle.
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:30 pm

They were originally aliens, who's ship Val and Earl find. But thankfully, that was dumped to make em homeboys.
GreenStripe

The Graboid Files

Postby GreenStripe » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:51 am

Hey Winghound,

Check out this site http://www.scifi.com/tremors/monsters/a ... ution.html

It gives an explination to how Graboids evolved. I think it's a good one. There is also other stuff on Graboids, Shriekers and ABs. Stampede should probally put this on their web site, but you know... up date the creature descriptions to include Grbites.

Also [if you have read the guenis naming section] I want to state that Shriekers are painfully obviously the baby form for ABs. Therefore they are the same speacies and should share the same guenis name. It should be just Caederus Mexicana for both, and not Shriekers = C. Mexicana and AB = C. Mexicana Cubustis as the file says. How ever... seeing how phiscaly and reproductively differant Grabites and Graboids (or Caederus Americana) are from Shriekers and ABs I have to agree that Graboids are of a differant speacies from Shriekers; evan though they are part of the same life cical. As if it was some sort of or "two guenis" life cicle In opposission to a buterflies "One Guenius" life cicle. To hopefully clearrify: A Graboid gives birth to Shriekers. These Shriekers are not segmants of the sme and larger Graboid, but are infact it's ofspring. They are too differant to be considered to be Graboids themselves and are therefore a differant speacies. The Shriekers transform. The ABs that we have now are very differant from the shriekers. However they are the same creatures, and therefore they are the same speacies. The eggs that the ABs carrie however contain embreos that resemble Graboids more the Shriekers, and there for the eggs are Graboid eggs. The cicle begins a new.

Damn! That was alot of wrighting.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”