By any other name...

Talk About The Tremors Movies
GreenStripe

By any other name...

Postby GreenStripe » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:59 pm

Hello,
It's me again. I haven't poasted in awile, but there is something I want to get off my chest. A wile ago I e-mailed into stampeede and asked what the propper name for the Graboid hatchlings should be. I also suggested the term "Grablit". This question was then posted here for open debait. Many peopled agreed, disagreed and offered their own suggestions such as "Wormoid", "Snakoid" and my personall favorite "Grabite". Infact, I've become vary attatched to "Grabite". So attatched actually, that I now believe that it should be the one instead of my own. But, before any of you nay-sayers rejected it, let me explain somethings. First of all the name does not come from the words "Grab - Bite", It comes from "Grab - Ite". "Ite" as in the suffix witch indicates something that is a smaller version of or part of something bigger.
I come in peace. Take me to your Lizard.
winghound

Postby winghound » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:51 pm

hey... sounds like a plan. Anything other than "baby graboid" or another shameful name like "Ass Blasters"... shriekers was okay but "Ass Blasters"???
The plague is here, the plauge is everywhere.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:02 pm

What's wrong with Ass Blasters! It sounds kinda wicked... the Graboids, the Shriekers, and the Assblasters... muwa ha ha ha HA! *doooooooooooooon*...

Or something like that.

Grabite is nice- the small suffix is good in a way, but I also like the way it sounds like bite. They jump up and take little bites out of you! It's kinda cute...
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:28 pm

For some reason, I think it should be spelled Grabbite.
GreenStripe

Postby GreenStripe » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:59 am

And Graboid should be spelt "Grabboid". But whatcha going to dooo :roll: ???
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:07 am

Whine and complain until Stampede caves in?
AtlantaMike

Postby AtlantaMike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:18 pm

I still think it amusing that Tyler referred to the AB in "Blast from the Past" as a "fartbird". :)
Fish aren't pets, they're self-propelled decorations.
GreenStripe

FARTBIRD!!!...LOL

Postby GreenStripe » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:29 pm

Good point. I had forgotten about that. It's hularious, and a good alternitive to Assblaster. Personally I like Assblaster myself, but most people find it offensive. That's why I encorouge people to use AB instead. But now we good use that aswell. Fartbird... HAH!! :lol:
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:33 pm

Butt Blaster would be so much better. Or Fire Farts. And they could have changed it for the seriues. Who said AB was the ofifical name. Just the one Jodie really liked. Could easily have changed by the Series.
GreenStripe

Phone auction

Postby GreenStripe » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:36 pm

Yeah but remember that when Nancy had the phone occtian at the end of T3 she said the line "Now come on. We're talking about the only living A--Blaster here." or something like that. But any how, that sounds pretty oficial to me. Personaly though, I think I'll use fartbird more often.
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:21 pm

Considering Seigfreid and Roy own Messer Schmidt, and would make him? popular and well known to the world, whatever they call him? would be official. Not the first time an original name is displaced by fan mentality. Nobody intentionally names their marionette Howdy Doody.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”