Talk About The Tremors Movies
hppav

Perfection filming location from Tremors 1

Postby hppav » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:26 pm

I found it

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... &z=17&om=1

Coordinates:
36°12'33.43"N, 117°56'8.78"W

The amazing thing is that all the town's roads are still there. The road that goes through the center is Main street and Chang's Market would be to the left of it. That would place Burt's house on the hills far right. I haven't located it yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. For now, enjoy this :)

I found the location through matching up Google Earth terrain, knowing the main filming location, and through descriptions of the filming location in the FAQ.
The master of Google Earth
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:01 am

Damn, good work buddy! Please share your next discoveries of the filming locations ;)
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Action_Burt

Awesome work!

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:29 pm

That's some great work!

Now, can you find the ranch near Rosarito, Mexico where the series was filmed- because Changs and Burt's compound should still be there! I tried and tried but just couldn't do it.
hppav

Postby hppav » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:16 pm

I tried, but I'm thinking that it's in the low resolution area since I don't see any road/building combinations in the med resolution area that seem to match.

Oh! And one thing I failed to mention is that there's a dry lakebed that would be on the other side of Burt's house from the Perfection Site. The name of this lakebed: Cactus Flat, and the name of the road that leads into it: Cactus Flats.
Which means that they referenced the filming site in Tremors 3 in the map scene.

But yeah, I've been doing this Google Earth searching for a long time, I used it to find about 20-30 different Jurassic Park franchise filming locations in Hawaii by the same method I used to find the Perfection site.
The master of Google Earth

Return to “The Tremors Movies”