Tremors 3

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Nitehawk

Tremors 3

Postby Nitehawk » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:39 pm

I am a true Tremors fan and have all 4 movies on DVD. I also loved "Tremors, The Series." Anyway, I can watch Tremors 1, 2 and 4 several times in a short period of time and still enjoy them. Some how whenever I pop T3 into the DVD Player, no matter how long it's been since I last watched it, it seems like I just watched it 10 minutes ago. :roll: Anyone else get this feeling from T3?
Nitehawk
Nitehawk

Postby Nitehawk » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:14 pm

Bad! T3 is OK but I feel it's the worst of the four Tremors Movies. I loved T4 and Hiram but I would really like to see Burt Ward return in T5 as Earl. :D
Traildust
Nitehawk

Postby Nitehawk » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:17 am

That's Fred Ward, not Burt Ward?
Traildust
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:02 pm

I find lately that whenever I watch Tremors 3, it feels a little less fresh and more familiar to my mind, but that's probably because I've watched it more often lately ^.^ It's very hard for me to pick a distinct favorite- Tremors 1 is great all around, very strong on the small-town feel, lots of funny scenes with Val and Earl- and, of course, the great "rec room" scene with Burt and Heather. Tremors 2 has kind of a nice "road trip"ish feeling, like an out-of-state trip tends to make me feel- in a way I actually like the solitude of the main characters (There are 4 main characters, and about 4 others, most of whom only have a few lines and all but one of whom wind up getting eaten- and most of the time these people are split up in different places!), as it gives a lot of good scenes with just Earl and Grady, a couple nice moments that Earl and Kate get alone, and perhaps scariest of all, a view of Burt operating completely on his own... @.@

Tremors 3 is the most recent of the movies, and Burt has an excellent part in it- in the first two he was kind of a side character, but here, it's mostly about Burt, and this gives it some golden moments of his. And better yet, it focuses a lot on one of the favorite Tremors elements- Burt's plans fall through. Big time. His truck, house, all of his guns... none of it carries through, and hes;' left trying to scrounge up a way to battle what might be the nastiest (and funniest) Graboid form yet, with stressed-out Jodi and witless, bumbling Jack as his only aid. The side/secondary lead characters are quite interesting, too, and Melvin is quite entertaining here also.

But Tremors 3 is largely dependent on it's suprises- if you don't know what's going to happen, then the first time you see it is amazing. Burt's many defeats go so far, it's amazing he's pulled back together so well by the start of The Series. When you watch it again, knowing what happens, it's plenty entertaining- but the shock value is best the first time around. Another way of wording it would be, the first time I saw it, I just sort of gaped at it, and my jaw dropped a few times- now I tend to chuckle.

Tremors 4 and The Series do have some strengths that T3 didn't, too- T3 returned to Perfection well, showing us the people and what's become of the town since the days of T1... but somehow T4 and The Series seem to have the "small town" feeling more strongly, and seem a little more insightful into the residents' day-to-day lives. In Tremors 3 the whole town is on the run most of the time, and when they aren't, we see that Perfection has been commercialized a lot- The Series feels like a more settled-in Perfection, plenty of tourism business going around, but we see more of the people's home, day-to-day lives. I also love the way that "a monster a week" is always something of a normal thing in The Series, with the town living around El Blanco all the time.

Overall... T3 does seem a little more set into my mind lately, but I don't really like it any less- I tend to find The Series gives me a movie craving, leading me to T3, then T3 gives me a craving for The Series, so I go back and watch that...

But I have to agree, I'd love to see Earl again ^.^
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:32 pm

T 3 is like a flat can of soda. You want to like the taste some times, but some times you can quite grip it. Maybe you just have to be in the mood to watch it. It was awesome, definitly, but easily the cheesiest of the others. I'd still watch it over and over though, or try # 2 for a while again. Sometimes I just feel like hearing Grady yell, "Geeze man those things are huge! Did you see that mouth!?" lol.
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:44 pm

Great White Graboid wrote: It was awesome, definitly, but easily the cheesiest of the others.

you mean its cheesy because of the the poor CGI and the mistake about Shreikers
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:17 pm

I can sum it all up with the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good: Melvin's return & the best Ariana has ever looked on film

The Bad: Melvin isn't in it enough

The Ugly: The film's portrayal of Mindy & the uneven CGI
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:34 pm

Still a better protrayal than the series Mindy. After all that, she still drops out of college, to sleep with her Professor. The only thing good they did for Mindy since T1 was make her care about El Blanco. A 21 year old should not be acting like a 16 year old. And virtually everythign else as wrong in the Series.

But we needed Shriekers in T3. We saw nothing of them but a bunch being blown away. They were the harmless of the bunch. And Miguel had to die so the AB's looked fearsome?

Melvin would have fitte din perfectly with his greedy bsinessman role. Right in the middle of being stranded and again fighting AB's, Melvin brings up how by selling, they could easily develop the land and keep out Gfaboids. 2 cameos didn't cut it. He's the cloest thing to a villain in the series, and they underuse dhim. Plus, imagine Burt stranded the night with Melvin, and being unable to shoot him.
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:54 am

Yeah that would've been fun. Melvin rules. He's my second favorite character after Grady.
tremorsmovies

Postby tremorsmovies » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:41 am

Melvin rules. He's my second favorite character after Grady.

Talking of favourite characters, I always liked Nestor. It was just something about they way Richard Marcus played the character. And also, the legendary quote that is...

Rhonda: 'Look, these creatures are absolutely unprecedented.'
Nestor: 'Yeah, but where do they come from!'

GENIUS!

Tom :D
Burts_Brother

Tremors 3

Postby Burts_Brother » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:56 pm

Actually I base the Tremors movies from the ones which shows Burt more than the other characters. So in my case I like Tremors 3 the best and then it would be Tremors 2 and then Tremors. But another reason I liked Tremors 3 was because of the homemade stuff or close to it...for example when they made the potato gun and then Burt's graboid wall.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
El Blanco

Postby El Blanco » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:25 pm

My fevorite character everybody knows about, EL-BLANCO!!! :D

~Its hard to follow your dreams when you are living in nightmares...~

Return to “The Tremors Movies”