Chop them off!

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Action_Burt

Tentacle chopping

Postby Action_Burt » Mon May 31, 2004 6:21 pm

That's a great question!

We saw in Tremors 1 that "Old Stumpy" didn't seem to be slowed down by the loss of a tentacle.

And I can't recall off the top of my head if we've ever been given exact reasons for the tentacles; ie, do they use them to breathe? Are they just tongues?

I doubt they would grow back, like a gator's limbs, as the graboid is not "meant" to be long for this world anyway.

I bet this would have made for a good episode with El Blanco- have him lose a limb and then a vet would have to come in and reattach it.
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon May 31, 2004 9:15 pm

Thye don't do anything. Don't seem to gangreen either, with Walter selling pics of you and the Snakeoid. pretty harmelss too, disease wise,a s Melvin didn't get sick. Almsot shot, but not sick.

Too bad. Imagine a Haloween epidode. Night of the reeping tentacle.

They're used to Grab. Think fingers and thumbs.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Mon May 31, 2004 9:24 pm

Don't seem to gangreen either, with Walter selling pics of you and the Snakeoid.

Didn't Jodi have it taxidermized, or something, too? In Tremors 3 we see a sign on the side of Chang's saying "See an ACTUAL GRABOID tentacle"...

Still hasn't gotten that nice taxidermized Shrieker she wants, though... she should go along on Burt and Tyler's next shrieker hunt, just to make sure she gets one.

Don't the graboids in T4 also lose a few tentacles? Lu Wan blows one up with her pistol, I remember... of course, I don't think any lasted long after that. So, as ActionBurt said, Ol' Stumpy is probably the best example of this- not only did he still get around fine after losing his tentacle, it seemed to make him meaner and smarter than the rest- it seemed to figure out more than any of the other Graboids, and took a special plan to defeat, even trying to trick them by letting them go ahead with the bomb plan, and spitting one back up onto the rocks where they were- heck, it might've been the one that dug the hole earlier. You'd be pretty angry too, if a truck ripped off one of your arms. Well, okay, I'd probably be laying on the ground crying and screaming in pain, but, you know... I'm no ferocious human-eating animal, either.
Action_Burt

Burt's Shriekers

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:55 am

This reminds me of the first thought I had after finally getting to see Episode 2/Shriek and Destroy: What will Burt do with all those Shriekers?

I think he would get to keep them- since they're on his property. And since they were the result of a government project, I think he would have a fair claim for compensation- ammunition, repairing his fences, etc.

Jodi would be bound to be able to salvage enough pieces for a decent mounted Shrieker. Heck, Burt might even have had a Shrieker head apear in his wall in a post-episode 13 episode, had the series continued.

Or, maybe he just barbequed them all.

Mmmm-mmmmm!
Ather

Postby Ather » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:24 pm

Hmmm. Myabe that'll make em die of infection.
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:21 pm

I would have to agree with action_burt. I don't think they would grow back either, unless the graboid "taught" itself how to do so, which would actually prove worthless anyway given their low life expectancy. (metamorphose)
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:38 pm

Well, EB might be able to.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”