Graboids swimming

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Tfan

Graboids swimming

Postby Tfan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:39 am

Bloody knife That thing you said about graboids swimming is cool and all but there is one big disadvantage there are creatures that are there to so it'll be like there back underground but there be creatures with there plus the it'll probably be like the great white shark it can't stop moving.
Ather

Postby Ather » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:11 am

They'd neevr sutrive te magnified sounds. Only as a whole enw evolution cycle form could thye survive/swim.
Tfan

Postby Tfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:11 pm

I said the exact same thing but they would die anyway when they become shrieker/A.bs i mean they would get eaten or if it survived long enough to turn into A.b the water wouldn't let it shoot fire
I am completely out ammo.. thats never happened to me before - Burt Gummer
GummerMaster

Postby GummerMaster » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:56 am

well if it has an oil base to it it could shoot fire.
Semper Fi!

Carry On!

GMaster OUT.
Tfan

Postby Tfan » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:35 pm

But it isn't its like stomach acid
I am completely out ammo.. thats never happened to me before - Burt Gummer
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:41 pm

It could be possible for a graboid to swim. A few day ago I was watching the discovery channel. They showed this fish that was able to transform into a lizard-like animal with legs. Which it was able to breathe out of water. So it could be the same way with the graboid. It could transform to where is was able to breathe in water, able to swim, and able to survive and protect itself. And the same for the shreiker and ass-blaster...they could transform to survive in water. So its possible because other species transform to survive in new conditions.
"When You Need It and Don't Have It You Sing A Different Tune"

"Doing What I Can With What I've Got"
RCG

Postby RCG » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:30 am

Haven't you notice that we've only seen or heard reports of Grabiods in arid areas. I think that in wet ground or water, they'll drown.
RCG
GLA-We Make the Earth Tremble
"In Burt We Trust"
m0ds

Postby m0ds » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:07 pm

If graboids can evolve to fly using their anus, I'm sure they can evolve to have gills of some kind...
Mark "m0ds" Lovegrove
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:51 pm

But where would they be located?
Bloody_knife

Postby Bloody_knife » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:27 pm

Ather wrote:But where would they be located?

The INDIAN OCEAN, nothing happens there. No movies take place there. The graboids grow gills and a fin and swim through the water. They'd hunt by sound waves, like dolphins and sharks do. The graboids will still have the spikes on their backs. that'll make them move faster. And when they evolve, they'll lay eggs and leave, not split open... lets say it's a whole diffrent species of graboids and shrikers. The graboids lay eggs and swim away, then the eggs hatch and the shrikers will be small... maybe two feet long. But they have razor sharp teeth, they sence by whatever moves in the water that is living. And they CAN walk on land, but only for a half an hour. the shriker swimmers will swim 10 X faster than the graboid swimmers, which'll make them swim about 95 mph. And after a month or two, they lay eggs that have an acid based chemicle around the egg so predators can't eat them. Then the eggs hatch and turn back into Graboid swimers which'll take about a month to grow up to 30 feet, then it all starts over again.
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Be Afraid what's in it.
graboid350

Postby graboid350 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:54 pm

linx05 wrote:That doesn't sound feasible at all. How would those spikes allow it to move at the speed you said? And it wouldn't be the same animal after that, it would be a whole new creature. It would take it a long time to evolve into that (not counting the Mix-Master, which we know is only found in the desert where the only living Graboid lives).

ROFL ya i just had the funniest mental image of a graboid swiming around in the water using its tounge as a snorkal....
burp.....
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:27 pm

Animals that live underground do not need very much oxygen. I have lifted rocks in a creekbed and found earthworms living completely submerged in water. There is no telling how long they could survive under water. Maybe a graboid can use its spikes to move like a lobe finned fish such as a coelecanth. Maybe they swim like an eel. Or perhaps there could be another metamorphosis into something between an ass-blaster and a graboid and it would have fins. Besides, it wouldn't have to be in the ocean. Maybe the could wreak havoc on Lake Meade in Nevada. Or how about Loch Ness?
Ah Hell everyone knows about em' we just didn't tell you.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:33 am

Cool. El Blanco can date Nessie.
graboid350

Postby graboid350 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:43 am

Ather wrote:Cool. El Blanco can date Nessie.

remove the D and move the E to the front....
burp.....
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:30 pm

What about the ABs evolving after laying the eggs. The 3rd movie never explained that. I mean after most creatures who lay eggs are usually still living afterwards. What if the ABs were able to evolve to be able to swim underwater. It could be possible especially with Mix-master in its DNA. Even the snakehead fish can breathe air out of water. So I think its a possibility.
"When You Need It and Don't Have It You Sing A Different Tune"

"Doing What I Can With What I've Got"

Return to “The Tremors Movies”