Graboid proof vehicle (Shrieker and AssBlaster proof too 8o)

Talk About The Tremors Movies
TiagoTiago

Graboid proof vehicle (Shrieker and AssBlaster proof too 8o)

Postby TiagoTiago » Wed May 26, 2004 3:42 pm

I was watching tremors 2 earlier and I just came up with the perfect graboids/shriekers/assblasters safari vehicle:

-a stealth hovercraft-

no need to use the expensive radar absoving paint, just some ordinarie heat dispersing or reflecting paint
and somekind of exaustion system such as the one on the f-117 stealth fighter, which disperse the heat thru a large area instead of the usual jet on the regular fighters
that is for the shriekers and assblaster

what about the graboids?! u may ask

well the hovercrafts are known to run over land and sea mines and get off intact,
so if something that is built to detect the small weight of a human foot like a land mine doesn't detects it I would bet my life a graboid wouldn't either

oh, and for safari purposes, it could have large one way mirror windows and perhaps night vision if used during night, but no infrared lights, as the termal sensors of the last two stages of the graboid might see it, just use some of those night vision cam tech that enhances stars and moon light without emiting any r/f sign

tell me what do u think about this
============================
Tiago Estill de Noronha
TiagoTiago@Globo.com

-------
Hi, I am a signature virus, please insert me into
your sig so I can spread, thanx 8o)
Ather

Postby Ather » Wed May 26, 2004 9:24 pm

You kinda are betting your life on being Graboid safe.

Anyway, if you don't make vibrations, how willa Graboid know to appear for the safari?
Action_Burt

I don't think a hovercraft would work...

Postby Action_Burt » Thu May 27, 2004 10:56 am

Hovercraft work for mines because they are not sound oriented; mines detect pressure when stepped/driven on. Some mines even ignore low pressure (like a person) and detonate only when something heavy, like a tank rolls over.

A hovercraft makes a LOT of noise- by virtue of the fact it ducts air out the bottom to ride on. Plus, the edges of the airbag used to contain the air cushion rub the ground in spots. All this noise would be conducted into the ground and a graboid could hear it.

Alternatively, a better vehicle might be something that makes so much noise, infra-sound or extreme low frequency, might drive a graboid away, or have a device that could sound off loudly to drive any attacking graboid away.

I's still waiting for Burt to develop a subwoofer on the bottom of his truck that could pump out a huge "bang" of sound when Graboids draw near- I think that was the principle in his graboid repelling devices in Episode 1/Feeding Frenzy, we just didn't get to see it work.

And as Tremors 1 showed us, a heavy vehicle like the Caterpillar isn't so good afterall, as the graboids will just dig out from under it.

I think the films have taught us the best vehicle is a 4X4 all terrain vehicle (that can be driven up onto rock) that is capable of high speeds (to outrun the graboid).

I would armor the bottom, with some extra-heavy duty skid plates, and possibly use solid tires to prevent blow outs from the tentacles
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu May 27, 2004 8:50 pm

I love it when the Graboids act smart. Digging holes, setting traps.
TiagoTiago

Postby TiagoTiago » Sat May 29, 2004 6:07 pm

noise, good point :?
well it seems I've lost the bet, my adress is now somewhere in perfection valley a few metters bellow ground surface :shock: :cry:
============================

Tiago Estill de Noronha

TiagoTiago@Globo.com

-------

Hi, I am a signature virus, please insert me into

your sig so I can spread, thanx 8o)
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:17 pm

Actually, the perfect vehicle would be no vehicle at all, (imho) but airborn transportation would definitly work. Maybe something like a armored helicopter with low heat emission. Helicopters would provide idle transportation of people and weapons, so i believe it would prove to be an invaluable weapon against graboids, shriekers and AB's.
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Action_Burt

Postby Action_Burt » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:02 am

Great White Graboid wrote:Actually, the perfect vehicle would be no vehicle at all, (imho) but airborn transportation would definitly work. Maybe something like a armored helicopter with low heat emission. Helicopters would provide idle transportation of people and weapons, so i believe it would prove to be an invaluable weapon against graboids, shriekers and AB's.

A helicopter would make so much noise a graboid would hear it coming.

And while it would be fun to sweep over a herd of charging shriekers, mowing them down with miniguns, an AB in the rotors might not be so good.

I hope we finally get to see a herd of Shriekers on the rampage- instead of just running into Burt and getting slaughtered.
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:47 pm

Hmm, good point indeed. I guess i was figuring since you'd be in a helicopter, you wouldn't have to worry about graboids, but an AB in the rotors would definitly pose problems! :D
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]

Return to “The Tremors Movies”