Tremors Burt Vs Graboid figure boxset!! Updated 10/8/07 :(

Talk About The Tremors Movies
invisible

Postby invisible » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:10 am

They keep us waiting with that baited truck long enough and some of us may lose interest. I could almost say that's what they're hoping with how many times the figurine has been postponed.

This has become mildly frustrating.
Invisible
"Well, it just suddenly hit me, you know......stampede."
El Blanco Lives
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:46 am

I emailed SOTA again asking if the boxset was going to be released one day and what the delay was and I got a reply almost instantly:

"NO, I can't say it will definitely get released. It keeps getting delayed
for so many different reasons that I can't even get into. It actually
doesn't have to do with the Graboisd, but with tons of other factors.

Jed Haigh
S.O.T.A. Toys"

Well thats not something you always want to hear about something you've been really waiting for. This may be our only shot at any Tremors toys so it really would suck if it doesn't get released.

Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
invisible

Postby invisible » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:32 am

He does sound mildly irritated. I get the feeling he's been getting a lot of those types of e-mails recently.

I'd take the figure even with it's flaws. It's a Tremors figure period, and that's enough to interest me.
Invisible

"Well, it just suddenly hit me, you know......stampede."

El Blanco Lives
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:10 am

lol, yeah he did sound irritated. Not sure why but I know they do get A TON of emails everyday and they probably don't always get to answer all of them so i'm just happy he responded to mine.

Oh yeah I could care less what the flaws were, like you said its a Tremors figure. I was just letting them know about the tongues. I love their Graboid sculpt and I planned on buying a few of the box sets. I never did state why I would but it was because I planned on repainting one of the graboids into El Blanco.

I sadly have my doubts that it'll be made with how long its taking but if it does it made, we'll probably be waiting for a couple/few years until it gets made...Tremors fans finally see what they've been waiting years for and then it gets pulled away from them like some sick mind playing game...
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:41 am

Sigh, Tremors just can't get a brake. I emailed SOTA toys about the Tremors boxset asking what the news was on it and I just got an email from them today:

"Nicholas,

Unfortunately, the Tremors boxed set has been cancelled.

Jed Haigh
S.O.T.A. Toys"

So there it is, cancelled. That sucks a lot. I was so looking forward to this. I was going to buy a couple-few. One to display, another to custom paint as El Blanco, and a possible third to keep boxed. Oh well, nothing we can do about it I guess. Its just a shame that Tremors keeps getting the shaft....
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:51 am

So they let us long for this for years, pushing it back time after time, and then just cancel it completely? THAT'S BS!!!!

A movie like Killer Klowns (which I love), with no sequals or anything, gets 2 figures while a FRANCHISE with 4 movies and a tv-series gets the shaft? That's not fair!
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Dirt Dragon

website that u can buy it

Postby Dirt Dragon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:09 am

i have found a website where u can buy it!www.starstore.com/acatalog/Starstore_Catalogue_NOW_PLAYING_ACTION_FIGURES_

i know its not much but still...
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:32 am

The link doesn't work for me, can you post some pictures, and are they official merchandise?? Seems if they are we should have been notified by now.
Dirt Dragon

it is

Postby Dirt Dragon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:58 am

it is the official merchandise and tell me how to add pics so i can put up some of the snapshots. its $29.95 but it dosent have any touges comeing out oh well at lest we got something huh?[/img]
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:03 pm

Right-click on the pics and go way down on the list and click that. You will get an address, copy and paste them here and we will be able to click on them and see the pics.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:31 pm

Ok now I see it, it's the action figure set that we were waiting for but have been cancelled.

NOW PLAYING: TREMORS ACTION FIGURE BOX SET
Part of the Now Playing Series 4, the Tremors box set features a 7" scale Michael Gross as survivalist Burt Gummer doing his best to survive against a graboid. The Tremors box set is the perfect collectible for fans of the 1990 masterpiece that spawned three sequels!
NOW PLAYING: TREMORS ACTION FIGURE BOX SET

Scheduled to ship in December 2006.
Now Playing Tremors Action Figure Box Set

Price: £29.77
rawen100

Postby rawen100 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:50 am

I was so looking forward for this set. It looked so cool, and it gets cancelled!
The only stuff that have happend the last year is that the series is on iTunes, and that Tremors is beeing released on HD-DVD. When is there coming something new?
Proud owner of:
Italian Tremors: The Legacy, US Tremors: Attack Pack (4 movies), US singles 1-4,
Norwegian rental version of Tremors 4, both Norwegian double packs,
US Tremors HD-DVD, 2 UK Tremors HD-DVD, 2 US Tremors the Series DVD, US Tremors LD
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:26 am

I wrote them this email just now, I urge the rest of you to do so as well.

Hello, my name is Anders and I live in Sweden. I just wanted to write to complain about the cancellation of the Tremors box-set which we fans have waited years for, because you pushed it back time and time again before finally cancelling it.

The Tremors franchise deserves an own action figure, having 4 movies and a 13 episode show in the bag it should get more respect. I saw the pictures of the Tremors box-set you were working on and it looked amazing. I was planning on buying 2 of them.

I really hope you change your mind about this as I really like other creations of SOTA toys, I bought the Jeepers Creepers & Killer Klowns action figure just 2 days ago at a Sci-fi convention and I'm more than pleased with them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Sincerely/ Anders, Sweden
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:41 am

I dropped an email to NECA to, I think we should try to contact as many toy manufacturers as possibl, maybe one will pick up the rights and release them!
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:51 am

Well, now we finally know WHY it was discontinued as I got this response just an hour after my email:

Anders,

Well I could go into a very long explanation of why the Tremors boxed set never made it to market. I'll give you the short version. The former owner of SOTA Toys never gave the green light to make it despite all the requests and now, the new owners have discovered that the license will be up before they have time to bring it to market.
Jed Haigh S.O.T.A. Toys

This means that the rights are up for grabs, some other company might take the chance to buy the rights and release the figures, everyone start emailing NECA, McFarlane and other companies!!

Return to “The Tremors Movies”