Tremors Burt Vs Graboid figure boxset!! Updated 10/8/07 :(

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Shrieker_Fan

Tremors Burt Vs Graboid figure boxset!! Updated 10/8/07 :(

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:30 pm

Heys guys,

It seems like we're getting more merchandise!!!!! I was doing a search for something and came across this:

Finally we get a Burt figure and a Graboid! I imagine they'll be in a fixed position but who cares. The site says it'll probably be out in August and you can pre-order it. The boxset is being made from SOTA Toys, I have a couple of things from them and let me tell you they do a great job on detailing and accuracy! Can't wait til they get a picture up :D
Last edited by Shrieker_Fan on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:54 pm

Wow! Cool, I'm definately looking forward to that. And it's affordable! The only bad thing would seem to be that it's an estimated 8 months until it comes out, but I can wait... I guess...

Shotgun, though? Hmm; with that and a Tremors 1 cover shot there, I'm thinking it will be based on the first movie, probably that ".8" or whatever it was elephant gun he started using. That suggests that it might indeed be based on the basement scene; that'd be cool I suppose, though I kinda hope it's not based on a particular scene, so we'll get Burt with his vest and hat on. Or heck, the basement scene but a fully geared Burt (it doesn't sound like the set includes Heather, so it doesn't have to be scene-accurate entirely). In any case, we'll see, and I'm looking forward to it ^^

If it's not the basement, though... it could be some kind of generic desert, or maybe Burt's on a rock? Or he could be in that trailer thing they pulled with the CAT, but that seems unlikely.

It's also interesting (and cool) that they should choose to make Burt; that shows some attention and consideration for the other films and the fanbase. That also suggests the possibility it might not be based directly on the first movie; though I still suspect it will be.

The Thing set there is 5 months from release, and has a prototype picture up; perhaps in 3 months (or less) the Tremors one will have a picture up as well?

"Dynamic action figure;" got to wonder about that. A figurine would be cool, but some articulation or even just being able to remove/maybe reposition the parts would be extra cool.

Definately looking forward to it ^.^ I suspect I'll be buying one when the time comes, at $22.
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:17 pm

Thanks Mitsukara for the response, I was beginning to think that no one was interested.

Well we'll just have to wait for a picture to see if they did a particular scene or not. It would be nice if he had some articulation but if not I'll still get one.

One thing i'm wondering is how the Graboid will look or how much of him (body wise) we're gonna get? It would be great if we got a full sized body (I know it will never happen though sadly). I hope we get some tentacles also, or even better removable ones!

For what kind of base their gonna give us, if its not the basement scene I'm not to sure of what other scenes it would be that Burt with his sot gun and a Graboid are involved but as you said it could be a generic type desert.

Either way I can't wait. Hopefully these sell well and SOTA considers doing Tremors figures, more box sets, ect.
Red_Machine

Postby Red_Machine » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:45 am

It says that it is the second figure in the Tremors series, what was the first?
Red_Machine

Postby Red_Machine » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:49 am

Ah, oh well, wishful thinking.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:26 am

My friend just emailed me a couple o pics of the box set, and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I just don't know how to post them here. Anyways, it's about time it got out! Also, did you know that NECA is making a graboid action figure?
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:36 pm

Well, there's a thumbnail up for it on the page now and it looks pretty awesome; I guess the bad news is that they've moved the date to later, with the set estimated to come out in November.

As I suspected, it's Tremors 1 Burt, complete with the outfit and his elephant gun. The good news (in my opinion at least) is that they decided to base it on the later parts of the film rather than the basement scene, so Burt is clad in his vest and Hawks cap (though it looks like a tan blank cap in the photo... hmm). The Graboid beak looks pretty good, but I'm not sure how much of him there is. I believe that's the roof of his houes Burt's standing on. And I see either limited articulation or some weird scultping there; Burt's got a cut above his left knee. I'm betting it just moves a little to allow you to adjust but not really move the figure around too much.

In any case, I'm still looking forward to this set, definately!
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:19 pm

I found a site that offers some good photos of the prototype, here it is!

I'm definitally getting one 8)
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:39 pm

I emailed Sota Toys to find out when exactly it'll be comming out and heres the response I got:

"The Graboid vs.. Burt set won't be coming out until early to mid 2007. We haven't decided on a concrete date yet. Sorry it's not sooner but we are still working on fitting it into our schedule."

The original date was set to the holidays for this year. Man that sucks that it'll be out next year now. Man I hate waiting :x :wink: . With how long ago the picture of the boxset was revealed I wonder if its going to look totaly different with how long its taking?
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:53 pm

I decided to look up the Tremors Burt Vs. Graboid boxset on a google search, and look at what I found!!!!! New prototype pictures. This time the Graboid have tongues!

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8637/dsc02328lg5.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1/dsc02331ik9.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5492/dsc02329ft5.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/817/dsc02330ex4.jpg

The tongues look upside down , but thats fine with me.

What do you guys think? I know I'm getting a couple of them
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:10 am

That looks AWESOME!!! Gonna look great next to my box-set!
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Well this sucks. I emailed SOTA toys to find out when they are going to start pre-orders and this is the response I got:

Nick,

The Tremors boxed set has been pushed back to 2008 to make room for
other licenses. WE had a really hard time doing this but we had to as
more pressing licenses were being demanded.

Jed Haigh
S.O.T.A. Toys

That pisses me off do to how long its been since we first found out about it. We were told about it in the beginning of 2006 and that it was going to come out around August of 2006. Then it was pushed back to Christmas, Then it was pushed back to 2007 and now its being pushed back to 2008! Thats bull I think but at least its going to come adventually I guess :?
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Sat May 26, 2007 3:51 pm

I just recently visited the SOTA website to check out more about the action figure. And the website says this: SOTA Replaces Tremors with An American Werewolf in London! So there won't be any Tremors action figure.
"When You Need It and Don't Have It You Sing A Different Tune"

"Doing What I Can With What I've Got"
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:40 am

No that can't be right. It might mean they got an earlier release than the Tremors set.
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 am

Well, I'm not sure if we'll ever get our boxset. The warewolf in london figure set did replace Tremors, but it only replaced it for the release date. The boxset may still be made one day. This sucks because I had such high hopes in it and I was planning on buying a couple/few of them.

I emailed them yesterday to find out a couple things. I asked when it was going to be released, how big it was, if the Atlanta Hawks was going to be added to the hat and that the tongues weren't correct and I got this response today.

We appreciate your input. Unfortunately the Burt vs. Graboid box set has
been delayed indefinitely. We will announce when the figures will be
rescheduled with.

Jed Haigh
S.O.T.A. Toys
[b]

Return to “The Tremors Movies”