Attn Tremors fans, We're getting a cool merchandise piece!!!

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Shrieker_Fan

Attn Tremors fans, We're getting a cool merchandise piece!!!

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:46 pm

Good news guys, I just found out that Sideshow collectables will be releasing a Graboid Maquette! Its up for preorder and the cost will be $400 (not including shipping). Heres the description:

"Sideshow Collectibles and ADI are proud to offer this reproduction of the original Graboid design maquette. Each piece is expertly reproduced in fiberglass and polystone, hand cast and painted. The piece is designed to display on any desktop or table, and also features wall-mount brackets for hanging display, like a hunter's trophy. Don't miss the chance to own this extremely limited edition Tremors Graboid maquette!"

Product Size: 18" H (457 mm) x 15" W (381 mm) x 16" L (406 mm)

It is great to hear that Tremors is finally getting some reconition for merchandise type stuff. I just hope it doesn't sell out before I get my chance to purchase one .

Heres the link: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/cate ... recheckout

And here is a pix

So what do you guys think? I say its pretty cool and I can't wait to add it to my collection...hopefully :wink:
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:01 pm

Oh MAN! Just think would that would look like with a 1:6 Burt Gummer figure- at 18", I think that's just about the right size.

But at $400, I'm not getting one anytime soon.

But still, very awesome that this exists! I certainly hope Sideshow produces further Tremors stuff in the future. This piece alone looks really awesome.
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:31 pm

A Burt would look nice standing next to that Graboid! As much as I'd like to see Sideshow producing other ones like the Shrieker and AB the only bad part would be the price, nice way to go broke, lol. If these all sell maybe Universal will see that Tremors is still a money maker and that they should consider doing more merchandise :D, now that would be nice.

The pictures they provided make great reference pictures for me since I'm still painting my Geometric graboid model/diorama kit. Man I'm gonna hate to see my mom's face when I tell her I want to get the maquette and that it'll cost that much. But thats cool its a reproduction of the original maquette!
Action_Burt

Webmaster! What;s the inside track on this?

Postby Action_Burt » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Well, let us know- did Universal finally start allowing Tremors-based products? Is this just the tip of the graboid, er, iceberg?
Shrieker_Fan

Re: Webmaster! What;s the inside track on this?

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:14 pm

Action_Burt wrote:Well, let us know- did Universal finally start allowing Tremors-based products? Is this just the tip of the graboid, er, iceberg?

I hope they start giving us merchandise, that would be great. I plan to buy one and my mom thinks the maquette is very cool looking so its okay with her. I just hope the final product looks as good as the prototype or better. Some prototypes look better then the final product themselves, but hopefully that won't happen with this one.
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Was this ever released?
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:59 am

Yeah, what the hell?? I totally missed this, never seen this thread before.
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
project412

Postby project412 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Earl_Bassett wrote:Yeah, what the hell?? I totally missed this, never seen this thread before.

Unfortunatly, I don't believe it was ever released. If it was, some one tell me. I would have to hunt one down...Burt Gummer style. :)

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:13 pm

It says on the site that it is sold out and that only 100 was made, sounds logical, also explains why you never see one on Ebay.
project412

Postby project412 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Maybe. The one from SOTA toys featuring a Graboid and Burt Gummer says pending lisencor approval, so maybe this one was limited, and the other was never approved.

Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:37 pm

The SOTA one won't happen, the license expired. Too bad because that was one of the coolest figures I've ever seen.
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Mon May 03, 2010 2:33 pm

To me from Tremors star Ariana Richards
responding to my wishes for her birthday (9/20/05)

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”